Quincy Promes

CB Fry

so let me get this straight, even though plan A failed HALFWAY through the window and we moved on to plan B, we have now aparently FAILED with a similar type of player in plan B (probably meaning we have identified a failing in our squad and feel its big enough to need a rather expensive player to fill it) you think people are in the WRONG to think 'les is an incompotent bellend'

man talk about making yourself look an idiot

I guess the phrase 'have several irons in the fire' is a new one for you pal.

Its quite common to have a preliminary talks with several parties to gauge interest etc which can be subsequently ramped up at short notice should circumstances change.

If this is dead in the water we should move on. I'd be looking at pushing Fulham on sessegnon or dembele from Celtic. However window after window it seems more and more like Les always has his eggs in one basket and 90% of the time we miss out. This window we can't afford to.

so let me get this straight, even though plan A failed HALFWAY through the window and we moved on to plan B, we have now aparently FAILED with a similar type of player in plan B (probably meaning we have identified a failing in our squad and feel its big enough to need a rather expensive player to fill it) you think people are in the WRONG to think 'les is an incompotent bellend'

man talk about making yourself look an idiot

Well not that I think that Les is much good for anything much but if we didn't have enough money then that's not entirely his fault. Then again you could argue that if we'd sold VvD when we should have, ie last summer, then all this January stuff could have been avoided by getting whatever needed doing done before August 31.

If this is dead in the water we should move on. I'd be looking at pushing Fulham on sessegnon or dembele from Celtic. However window after window it seems more and more like Les always has his eggs in one basket and 90% of the time we miss out. This window we can't afford to.

Like Fulham haven't already refused to sell Sessegnon to far better clubs than Saints.

Its quite common to have a preliminary talks with several parties to gauge interest etc which can be subsequently ramped up at short notice should circumstances change.

lets ignore the fact that you clearly have no concept of the conversation and deal plainly with your coments

the idea of having many irons in the fire is that when push comes to shove you have one to pull out at the end! dont listen too hard or you may hear the fat lady singing

This signing was not only a good chance to get some more quality on the pitch, it would have galvanised fans and given everyone more of a lift. Without any more signings I can't really see past an inexorable descent into the championship.

And the most frustrating thing is that this is all caused by ourselves. All of this has been avoidable, being in one of the strongest positions this club has ever been in.

Like Fulham haven't already refused to sell Sessegnon to far better clubs than Saints.

Of course they have. But deadline day is a strange one. Putting pressure on and leaking to the media your interest can unsettle the player. Every other team does it why shouldn't we?

I guess you're aware of the phrase 'flogging a dead horse' though.

Feel you might be wasting your time trying to explain to some on here. ;)

Indeed, but do you believe these talks have taken place?

Looking at what's happened with Promes I'd say not.

From Adam Blackmore...

Southampton’s signing of Quincy Promes looks set to be delayed until the summer.

#saintsfc happy to pay fee, player happy to come, but Spartak Moscow can’t replace him in this window and are set to block the move for now.

Saints hope to get agreement on a summer move.

This seems just another case of early in the window identifying high cost targets and then trying to buy on the cheap. Consequently Walcott to Everton, Promes not coming. They'll think it was cheap at the price if we go down.

I expect they are all sitting comfortably, patting themselves on the back and letting the Gao's know how much of the VVD money they have managed to save for them. I hope I am cynically wrong and we will sign a suitable quick player tonight.

The whole “we will just get him in the summer” rhetoric is arguably the most worrying of the day. We are 19th in the table!! If things stay the way they are we will go down and we won’t be signing £30m wingers. Just shows the blindness to the predicament we are in.

Blackmore just tweeted saying Promes deal to be delayed until the summer.

Saints happy to pay fee, player wants to come but Spartak cant find a replacement so agreement to move in the summer

As long as the ****s don't get relegated first. All the other teams are strengthening considerably, Swansea have just beaten Liverpool and Arsenal and still strengthening.

Saints happy to pay fee, player wants to come but Spartak cant find a replacement so agreement to move in the summer

Yeah, never our fault is it. The fact we've had all ****ing window to get someone of sufficient quality in, is irrelevant of course. Meanwhile we've conveniently saved the owner a **** load of money. It beggars belief, it really does. Does the fact we are 2nd bottom with games running out and majority of those games away from home, now worry them at all?

Sick of these utterly complacent clueless clowns at the helm now.

This just gets better and better. There will be absolutely no guarantees that anything will happen in the summer no matter what b/s spin the club feeds the media about it. There's not a chance Promes would join us if we go down and not a chance we will be able/willing to finance it either. So completely meaningless to state it.

The club appear not to have noticed that we are currently second from bottom FFS! We could do with using that cash now on someone to help keep us up, couldn't we???

There is a key-word from Adam's quote that is quite salient:

@AdamBlackmore: Southampton’s signing of Quincy Promes looks set to be delayed until the summer.

#saintsfc happy to pay fee, player happy to come, but Spartak Moscow can’t replace him in this window and are set to block the move for now.

Best start looking at other targets then.

From Adam Blackmore...

Southampton’s signing of Quincy Promes looks set to be delayed until the summer.

What a load of ball's, if we reached the buyout fee then Spartak get no say in whether he stays or not and they still have 22 days to replace the player ! Amateur hour once again!

There is a key-word from Adam's quote that is quite salient:

Best start looking at other targets then.

If we could secure a deal for a summer sale Kieta style, that at least seems like a decent development.

Hopefully Les and Co have moved on to other targets. I still hope that we’re looking at another CB but there’s not much sign of that happening is there?

If we don’t sign anyone else, I still think we have the squad to avoid relegation. It’s the manager that worries me.

Wait till summer, let me say that again, wait till summer. By which time we'll either be relegated, won't be coming then, or another team will be in for him and we won't get him then. Can just see Les now saying how comfortable we are with the situation as Everton, or any other team steals him from under our noses. If this turns out to be the case, then Les is truly an incompetent buffoon who needs ejecting from the club.

So the club have identified the need for a pacey winger, we failed in Walcott, now Promes. We'll more than likely end up with a bench warmer from another club who hasn't been getting a game, love to see how the club spin that. They've known since December the money we were getting for VVD and yet here we are.... ******* again, scratching round for other teams cast offs on the last day of the window.

This will more than likely cost us relegation, especially with the buffoon left in charge of the first team.

I think the atmosphere could get toxic pretty quickly tonight should we go a goal behind.

The real **** up here (if what Adam says is true) is that we let Liverpool pay us in installments for VVD. Les should have asked for the cash up front and asked for time to find a replacement as everyone else seems to do. But no, we don't even wait for the window to open before selling. Les can't wait to get his greedy hands on his commission. The fact we went in and met the release clause and asked to structure payments is pathetic.