Quincy Promes

CB Fry

If we don’t get Promes and it turns out we have put all our eggs in the one basket I have truly lost all faith in those running this club. I understand that this deal might not get done through no fault of saints' date=' but to not also be discussing and negotiating for different targets is utterly stupid and naive.[/quote']

This.

Very frustrating and will anger fans, rightly, if it doesn't go through. He won't come in the summer if we're relegated. Maybe that's part of hedging bets.

We we're supposed to get most of the Van Dickhead money up front, so I would gave thought we could, to get the deal done, pay upfront.

Sticking to principles is starting to hurt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

According to reports, we HAVEN'T met the release clause. Rather, we've supposedly negotiated a lower fee that Spartak are happy with but on the condition they get a replacement. Hence the stalemate.
I think we'll pay the full whack, but not all upfront, from the sound of it. And the delays give them the excuse to hang on to him.

I think we'll pay the full whack, but not all upfront, from the sound of it. And the delays give them the excuse to hang on to him.

it will also have given all the other clubs time to assess and make bids for him in the summer

If we don’t get Promes and it turns out we have put all our eggs in the one basket I have truly lost all faith in those running this club. I understand that this deal might not get done through no fault of saints' date=' but to not also be discussing and negotiating for different targets is utterly stupid and naive.[/quote']

Well Promes was plab B remember. And we can have a pop at whoever we like regarding not being able to get either Plan A or B but its certainly not the case that all tbe eggs have been put in one basket. We're probably reluctant to shell out quite a big on a plan C when we might be able to get Promes in the summer. There'll be difference of opinions on how important it is to get someone now of course but take all tbe anger and emotions away from it and you'll realise it really is just opinions, not facts, not a case of signing away our PL status by not signing someone and certainly not a meltdown.

Why? We have met what was required. If Spartak can't get a replacement and won't sell, how is that our fault?

Because we shouldn’t have invested so much time in a deal, leaving it to the last day and leaving ourselves without anyone. We are 19th in the table for goodness sake. We needed new blood to lift the fans and the team, especially given that we did the Virgil deal early on the premise of getting players in. Despite all this, the only deal we seem to have been able to do is to massively over pay for a Monaco reserve with a patchy goal record that is mates with our useless manager. Given our precarious position this window has been an utter disaster.

Because we supposedly don’t have anyone else lined up.

That has absolutely nothing to do with people lambasting the club for not seemingly be able to sign Promes. If "we supposedly don’t have anyone else lined up" then that is a somewhat different matter. I do agree with those who say it is really rather stupid to leave things to the very last day. Even Carillo took most of the window.

Source?

Interesting first post btw.... ;)

Another Skate posting...look this means its off....

Alex Crook

‏ @alex_crook

31m31 minutes ago

#saintsfc target Quincy Promes expected to play in a friendly for #spartak in Spain today

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Alex Crook

‏ @alex_crook

32m32 minutes ago

Alex Crook Retweeted Павел

This is what I have also been told in case #saintsfc fans are getting excited re Spartak signing Hanni

Alex Crook added,

Павел

@oldshoolcoach

Replying to @jayofficial13 @alex_crook

Hanni bought to strengthen to the Europ League. but not as a replacement for Promes. He is the main star of the championship. It's not easy to find a replacement!

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Two small bits to add .....I live in marbella

Kick off is 4.30 spanish time and i have it on my digi box to watch , I have a friend working in the Gualduphin hotel banus where they are staying and says Promes hasnt been seen for two days .

I have another source telling me its still on

Kick off is 4.30 spanish time and i have it on my digi box to watch , I have a friend working in the Gualduphin hotel banus where they are staying and says Promes hasnt been seen for two days .

he is doing an odemwinge

He's in their training photos from this morning, and he has been instagramming videos from their hotel. I'm pretty sure he is still there.

Hope Les and Wreck-It-Ralph are wearing tin hats tonight as they will be on the receiving end of fans displeasure if we don't win which is probable given our dreadful winless run and inept manager.

5 weeks to get someone with pace which was an obvious requirement for months. To leave it to the last day with seemingly no plan B stinks.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I'm actually not using my Dad's season ticket near Leslie tonight as, if I get overcome by the emotion of a 2-1 loss (after having been 1 up and bossing the game until we take off an attacker to try and shut up shop), I don't want the opportunity to lose my rag at him...