Quincy Promes

CB Fry

https://en.as.com/en/2018/08/29/football/1535555770_918311.html

As above looks like he is going to Sevilla for significantly less then we were quoted.

Can't help but speculate on why we were allegedly given a £30mil plus pricetag while Sevilla, by many standards a 'bigger' club, are getting a reasonable deal.

We were desperate and known to be.

And I don't think he has the right mentality anyway. Move on.

On top of which the PL clubs are known to be awash with cash compared to other leagues. And any selling club doing their research will be prepared to up the cost believing our negotiating team have shown to be weak it seems.

Shame that our targets don't embrace a VVD approach of to throwing toys and strops to get the move. Perhaps they save that trump card for after joining us.

Whether Promes would have been a good fit or not, we'll never know.

You really think he would of gone to saints? Behave...... Reality check boys we are relegation fodder currently.

Yes it is entirely possible he would “HAVE” gone to Saints. Keep dreaming the dream though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really think he would of gone to saints? Behave...... Reality check boys we are relegation fodder currently.

How do you justify the signings that club's like Fulham and Wolves have made?

If saints are relegation fodder, it is precisely because we are not prepared to gamble on players.

On top of which the PL clubs are known to be awash with cash compared to other leagues. And any selling club doing their research will be prepared to up the cost believing our negotiating team have shown to be weak it seems.

Shame that our targets don't embrace a VVD approach of to throwing toys and strops to get the move. Perhaps they save that trump card for after joining us.

Whether Promes would have been a good fit or not, we'll never know.

In fairness, it's not just us. Whenever a PL team comes calling the European Leagues see it as a bigger pay day. £29m for Tosun anybody?

Real reality check, we've been 'relegation fodder' for most of the seasons that I have been supporting Saints (1968ish), so evidently we are pretty good at dealing with that issue.

There is no reason why he wouldn't have come here when the deal was originally discussed.

We were desperate and known to be.

And I don't think he has the right mentality anyway. Move on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm not crying into the cornflakes about it, just came across the article and made me wonder why we couldn't quite get it over the line.

Probably a combination of our desperation, premier league premium, contract six months further along etc.

I can't comment about his mentality but I liked his quality, his pace is something we still lack a little.

I'm not crying into the cornflakes about it, just came across the article and made me wonder why we couldn't quite get it over the line.

Probably a combination of our desperation, premier league premium, contract six months further along etc.

I can't comment about his mentality but I liked his quality, his pace is something we still lack a little.

I have a funny feeling we like to leak out higher prices when signing players.... Show we are spending what we received and have ambition blabla

We also like to include the wages (full term of players contract) so like to leak the total cost of player over term while others just talk about the signing cost (transfer fee) all seems a bit small man/club (thanks Ralph) syndrome to me.

This seems to satisfy the majority saints fan

Was same with Gibson at Boro, we seemed to leak out a fee of £20-25m when Burnley then signed him for £15m. :lol: People just assume we were asked for more :lol:

How do you justify the signings that club's like Fulham and Wolves have made?

If saints are relegation fodder, it is precisely because we are not prepared to gamble on players.

The exact opposite we are relegation fodder because we did gamble on players and most of those gambles didn't come off..

I have a funny feeling we like to leak out higher prices when signing players.... Show we are spending what we received and have ambition blabla

We also like to include the wages (full term of players contract) so like to leak the total cost of player over term while others just talk about the signing cost (transfer fee) all seems a bit small man/club (thanks Ralph) syndrome to me.

Was same with Gibson at Boro, we seemed to leak out a fee of £20-25m when Burnley then signed him for £15m. :lol: People just assume we were asked for more :lol:

Well to me it gives me the impression that we ve been taken to the cleaners and have no idea how to negociate. And i m sure that s how most of us think.

Is that how you got to £300m for our squad by any chance??

• 2 years later...