Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Seriously guys, you are getting worked up because of a random tweet from a Russian journo. I would expect that we would try to negotiate down from any release clause - that is how these things work. This one will rumble on until the last day or so (where I expect he will end up joining anyway). I also believe we are looking at other options, just in case - however they won't be his quality and likely to be on loan).

Mate, most people on here can get worked up over the slightest of things, they don't call this meltdown central for nothing you know. You ought to pop by more often, you'd have a right laugh - match thread is normally quite funny, check it out.

Tbf to Les the VVD sale was like a bolt out of the blue.

Not a single person expected it or predicted it and its understandable that we were caught on the back foot.

All this "Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents **** Poor Performance" is nonsense when you're taken by complete surprise ala our VVD sale.

Tbf to Les the VVD sale was like a bolt out of the blue.

Not a single person expected it or predicted it and its understandable that we were caught on the back foot.

All this "Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents **** Poor Performance" is nonsense when you're taken by complete surprise ala our VVD sale.

What has this got to do with this thread.... must you infect every thread with your rants about Les Reed..?

If Sisto is our backup option why didn't we get him for 5m euros in summer 2016 we wasted more than that on Gardos and Bednarek separately.

Because we like to be the 18th richest club in the world while running the business like a drunken shopkeeper.

Ah the new alpine. Anyway weren't you working for the club then.

If we had bought a replacement for VVD in the first week of the the window you might have a point. Or actually signed any of the big names we leaked to the press instead of using them as a smokescreen. Or if we hadn't been forced to bid up from 15 million for a striker no-one else wanted on Pelllegrino's say-so. Don't get me wrong, i hope he scores the goals to keep us up, but time will tell on that one.

Whichever way you look at it, objectively that is not a business being run 'well'.

If we had bought a replacement for VVD in the first week of the the window you might have a point. Or actually signed any of the big names we leaked to the press instead of using them as a smokescreen. Or if we hadn't been forced to bid up from 15 million for a striker no-one else wanted on Pelllegrino's say-so. Don't get me wrong, i hope he scores the goals to keep us up, but time will tell on that one.

Whichever way you look at it, objectively that is not a business being run 'well'.

Theo wasn't a smokescreen we absolutely were in for him and probably would've signed him too if it hadn't been for our position in the league, in fact i'd hazard a guess it would've been done before the window opened.

Also is Krueger still playing hide and seek? Because from those i know they still say that's total bullsh*t.

Hell hath no fury like a former employee scorned!

You have been very clear in your dislike for Pellegrino. However, the more I hear from him in interviews and press quotes the more I'm actually starting to realise his level of intelligence. He certainly appears to me to be a pragmatist and realist with an understanding of where he would like this team to go and how he would like it to develop.

In business, having a consistent strategy and committing to it wholeheartedly is more than half of the battle. He seems to have one and he is articulate enough to suggest he has the intelligence and competence to follow it through.

Admittedly, the results aren't going our way. So there is work still to do. However, in a bizarre industry where the riches disproportionately outweigh the volume of intellectual people. I'm starting to feel like, despite the current league standings - he is someone we should be backing. Not disregarding.

Clearly, I will always respect and consider insider and/or closer views. But I'm not sure how qualified you are to really guide opinion anymore?

Guan copping a load of sh1t when like k,billy, he’s one of very few on here who actually know some real insider stuff. Weird.

Yes, although you have to agree the tenor of his posts are somewhat different to when we were getting the itk stuff. On the face of it, something's changed.

Guan has just spent far to long reading alot of the crap posted on here. He has now become another saints web pessimist that has made this site terrible now.

With all due respect what do you expect 4 wins all season a manager doing an impersonation of a frightened rabbit in the headlights and we are 3rd from bottom.

Not exactly going to be sweetness and light is it?

Lets hope the Spurs game isn't a false dawn and we can get at least 4 points from Brighton and WBA.

Guan has just spent far to long reading alot of the crap posted on here. He has now become another saints web pessimist that has made this site terrible now.

I think it would be pretty difficult to be an optimist right now. How do we judge what is being pessimistic and what is being realistic about our lowly state right now?

Don't suppose you've got any snippets on Promesy to share whilst you're here? :D

K,Billys supersound posted this on page 57 of the January 18 transfer window thread. I think he has posted 3 times today so cannot respond anymore today.

'From a purely personal point of view im not sure Promes is that good anyway, certainly not worth 30mill. I can't see us paying anywhere near that.'

K,Billys supersound posted this on page 57 of the January 18 transfer window thread. I think he has posted 3 times today so cannot respond anymore today.

'From a purely personal point of view im not sure Promes is that good anyway, certainly not worth 30mill. I can't see us paying anywhere near that.'

Yes I agree we already have Boufal and Redmond running round and not doing much

As ever, its a question of money. We have money, they know we have money and probably rightly they won't sell for less than his release clause.

If we want him that much then we will end up paying that or we will go for another target that you would hope has already been lined up.

If Carrillo is our record sogning at £19m can anyone really see us suddenly going out and spending £30m just a few days afterwards?

Unlikely IMO.

As ever, its a question of money. We have money, they know we have money and probably rightly they won't sell for less than his release clause.

If we want him that much then we will end up paying that or we will go for another target that you would hope has already been lined up.

If Carrillo is our record sogning at £19m can anyone really see us suddenly going out and spending £30m just a few days afterwards?

Unlikely IMO.

But we're not going out and spending £19m and £30m, it will be like the Van Dijk sale and will be over a number of years so maybe an initial outlay of £15-£20m tops for them both which is very doable.

But we're not going out and spending £19m and £30m, it will be like the Van Dijk sale and will be over a number of years so maybe an initial outlay of £15-£20m tops for them both which is very doable.

although much harder to fund from the Championship

You have been very clear in your dislike for Pellegrino. However, the more I hear from him in interviews and press quotes the more I'm actually starting to realise his level of intelligence. He certainly appears to me to be a pragmatist and realist with an understanding of where he would like this team to go and how he would like it to develop.

In business, having a consistent strategy and committing to it wholeheartedly is more than half of the battle. He seems to have one and he is articulate enough to suggest he has the intelligence and competence to follow it through.

Admittedly, the results aren't going our way. So there is work still to do. However, in a bizarre industry where the riches disproportionately outweigh the volume of intellectual people. I'm starting to feel like, despite the current league standings - he is someone we should be backing. Not disregarding.

Clearly, I will always respect and consider insider and/or closer views. But I'm not sure how qualified you are to really guide opinion anymore?

Interesting post. I like the theory, but a smart 'thinking' manager should also excel in the tactical side of the game, surely? It's all very well being analytical and thoughtful after a game (it is a good trait, no doubt), but what really counts is how quickly you can think and make important decisions DURING the game. And more often than not he has looked like a deer in the headlights.

I've never thought this one seemed very likely to happen and still think that's the case. I just think Promes will be expecting better offers than us in our current state and if he doesn't get that now he'll probably stay put til the summer. So even if we can agree a fee with Spartak I still think it's unlikely.

Hopefully we do have a good plan b for another pacy player who can score.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Interesting post. I like the theory, but a smart 'thinking' manager should also excel in the tactical side of the game, surely? It's all very well being analytical and thoughtful after a game (it is a good trait, no doubt), but what really counts is how quickly you can think and make important decisions DURING the game. And more often than not he has looked like a deer in the headlights.

Someone much smarter than me once said "A sign of lunacy is to do the same thing over and over again, and keep expecting a different result". MoPe to me is showing this kind of lunacy. 24 games in and he keeps trying the same tactics over and over again expecting a different result.

Am I missing something, all the speculation about Promes, hasn’t he said that he doesn’t want to join saints because of our league position?.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't said anything one way or another at least in public. You have to assume we wouldn't be pursing him if he had made clear he had no interest in joining us whatever. Some one potentially ITK further up suggested his agent is seeing if their are any better offers out there we are basically the fall back option.

You spend your whole time on here having snidey digs at posters who happen to have a different outlook to you. Once in a while it would be nice to hear your views on the actual football?

I come on here to get info about the club I have supported since 1966 but more and more it is just posts constant slagging off the club. If there was more level headed chat about the actual football then I might add some views. As it is many people just seem to want to use any stick they can to slag off the club they say they support. Still Duncan, you haven't liked my posts going back to the last century so I am surprised that you still bother to read them.

I come on here to get info about the club I have supported since 1966 but more and more it is just posts constant slagging off the club. If there was more level headed chat about the actual football then I might add some views. As it is many people just seem to want to use any stick they can to slag off the club they say they support. Still Duncan, you haven't liked my posts going back to the last century so I am surprised that you still bother to read them.
Weird you would come on here just to slag off the messageboard considering you find it so unfulfilling.

If this fella is like Mane, we should be pulling out all stops to make this happen. A player that provides the unexpected and is direct would be just the tonic for our frontline.

Yes, I agree! Let's just hope the 'fans' give him strong support and time to settle, and don't destroy him the way they tried to with Mane

He’s learning - just like players we buy he sure ain’t the finished article but there you go it’s the Southampton way. [emoji6]

The way I read it is we wouldn't be pursuing this if he/his agent had told us to do one.It's also pretty certain that there's a buy out clause in his contract, rumoured to be €35m, which is probably higher than we would like to pay.

He's not going to help our position between now and next Weds, so we'll see how it plays out.

Wasn’t that our promotion season? Glory hunter.