Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Redmond was descent under Puel, especially up to the cup final, think he actually got pretty close to the best out of him. After that he really went of the boil.

The other thing that happened (just after the cup final) was Redmond got called up to the England squad with JWP for the Germany game in March. He wouldn't be the first Saints player to have his head turned having been called up to the national team.

Taken from UI:

So I took my son to his first ever game - he's 3 and it was cheap enough to try it out. After 30 mins he was ready to go (and fair enough, so was I, we'd seen the goal and the game was getting turgid). So we left around 35 mins and ambled round to the shop as he wanted a Sammy Saint - the shop was shut as I thought, but anyway ...

At this time, a car with foreign plates pulled up and someone who looks like Promes got out with two others. They sheepishly went round to the front as I stared at them.

Showed my wife a picture on the phone and she said "yep I'll give you that, definitely looks like him".

Then back down on Ocean Village where I'd parked were 5 women speaking an unknown (to me) foreign language - one filming OV on her mobile and they were by Leaders (I think it's Leaders). Who films Ocean Village on a mobile!? Anyway, did a search "Quincy Promes girlfriend". And snap, looked like her.

No pics - I was busy steering a cross 3 year old away from the shop that was closed :(

If it was him though, I'm pretty sure the top part of his hair was dyed red (i.e. the bit on his head above closely shaved sides)

Taken from UI:

So I took my son to his first ever game - he's 3 and it was cheap enough to try it out. After 30 mins he was ready to go (and fair enough, so was I, we'd seen the goal and the game was getting turgid). So we left around 35 mins and ambled round to the shop as he wanted a Sammy Saint - the shop was shut as I thought, but anyway ...

At this time, a car with foreign plates pulled up and someone who looks like Promes got out with two others. They sheepishly went round to the front as I stared at them.

Showed my wife a picture on the phone and she said "yep I'll give you that, definitely looks like him".

Then back down on Ocean Village where I'd parked were 5 women speaking an unknown (to me) foreign language - one filming OV on her mobile and they were by Leaders (I think it's Leaders). Who films Ocean Village on a mobile!? Anyway, did a search "Quincy Promes girlfriend". And snap, looked like her.

No pics - I was busy steering a cross 3 year old away from the shop that was closed :(

If it was him though, I'm pretty sure the top part of his hair was dyed red (i.e. the bit on his head above closely shaved sides)

That's more like it - a proper rumour! Just a pity there's. I description of his ear lobes.

Taken from UI:

He was here for a couple of days. Not sure if he still is though. Was staying near ocean village with his gf.

knowing the person that shared this personally, i do.

Fair enough, all sounds a bit convenient (without obviously knowing the person who said it, which would obviously add credibility). Hopefully not a case of mistaken identity then.

I know we own (or at least used to) a few properties in and around OV so it's not unfeasible that they would be around there.

Taken from UI:

Have I read this wrong or does he say he showed a picture of Promes to his wife from his phone but later on says there are no pictures as he was steering his small person away from the shop?

#suspicious

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fair enough, all sounds a bit convenient (without obviously knowing the person who said it, which would obviously add credibility). Hopefully not a case of mistaken identity then.

I know we own (or at least used to) a few properties in and around OV so it's not unfeasible that they would be around there.

I know the person in question too. If he's said it it's because it's true.

Why go on a match day where he would be seen?

We've only a few days until the window closes, so if a transfer is a possibility then he'd be in the UK now ready to do the medical. Being here, you'd go to the game, arriving very late to go unnoticed.

Have I read this wrong or does he say he showed a picture of Promes to his wife from his phone but later on says there are no pictures as he was steering his small person away from the shop?

#suspicious

Unless his wife was with him? Probably b*llocks but certainly entertaining

Positives

Assuming this is true, it would suggest a deal is close and the player has agreed to come.

A good player, pretty much just what we need.

Negatives

He may have (mad if he's not) been put off actually watching us play

Admired by Klopp, a previous Liverpool target, Dutch, Friends with Wijnaldum...... Enjoy him whilst he lasts.

#suspicious

Presumably he means he showed her a picture of Promes off google or similar, in order to clarify whether or not the guy they’d just seen was actually him?

Positives

Assuming this is true, it would suggest a deal is close and the player has agreed to come.

A good player, pretty much just what we need.

Negatives

He may have (mad if he's not) been put off actually watching us play

Admired by Klopp, a previous Liverpool target, Dutch, Friends with Wijnaldum...... Enjoy him whilst he lasts.

Our Mane replacement will become their Mane replacement. If we get him.

IF and its a big IF we sign Promes it will be a major result !!!!!!

Have no doubt he will be a positive signing , pace , power and skill ....is very direct like mane used to be but also has a good football brain bring other players in (what redmond is lacking) .

A much better signing than Walcott would have been .

I have also been told we are speaking to Celtic ref Moussa Dembele , again I believe he would be a good purchase for 20m

All of which points to Les convincing people to come on the basis that we're a stepping stone to his beloved Liverpool. He takes a cut, unofficially, we get a good player for a year, perhaps two, and then the player gets his dream move. Everybody happy, right? This from his autobiography in 10 years time.