Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Can’t see us signing him, think it’ll be tight but my gut says he’ll stay in Russia and we’ll be left with the usual “we tried but it’s really hard” bull**** as usual.
I probably agree that we're unlikely to get this one done, but it is actually true to say it's hard to push a deal through, especially in January when it's known that we have money, and in the modern era of aggressive agents touting players round as many clubs as they can. We might get him at the last moment if he sees no one else is coming in with a better offer and decides we're a stepping stone into the Prem.

But greed rules everything.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Moscow want all the money up front apparently and that's a sticking point, or so I'm told.

No more news regarding the agent/player's view to the move though.

To meet a release clause it has to be all up front, doesn't it?

Could be wrong on that.

To meet a release clause it has to be all up front, doesn't it?

Could be wrong on that.

I'd assume so.

You'd think a release clause would make this one easy if we really want him (and assuming he wants to come to us) then pay the release clause and what Spartak want becomes irrelevant. If we aren't prepared to meet the release clause then why are we bothering?

Redmond is clearly not popular with the fans but i am wondering if the last two managers have made the most of his skills. Isn't that what Pep was on about when he had his chat with him after the Man City game

Sane & Jesus both injured. Audacious loan move on the cards? :)

Redmond was descent under Puel, especially up to the cup final, think he actually got pretty close to the best out of him. After that he really went of the boil.

He's been shocking for MoPe though. Picks the ball up from out wide, level with the top of the box, then runs back in a semi circle and shoots from about 30 yards, normally slicing the ball into the crowd.

Not sure if it's tactical or just a complete lack of confidence. Might be a bit of both, to be fair.

Redmond was descent under Puel, especially up to the cup final, think he actually got pretty close to the best out of him. After that he really went of the boil.

He's been shocking for MoPe though. Picks the ball up from out wide, level with the top of the box, then runs back in a semi circle and shoots from about 30 yards, normally slicing the ball into the crowd.

Not sure if it's tactical or just a complete lack of confidence. Might be a bit of both, to be fair.

Bit of both. Can't be easy under a very cautious coach.

The "I'm just doing what I'm told" reaction post City match spoke volumes IMO.

I do think redmond has regressed more than any other player this year. I don't think he was particularly great last year but its definitely got worse. Whether we would be able to offload him though is a different matter. I do think were we to get relegated he could be a good asset under the right manager and with his confidence back. He has the weapons to be very effective.

Bear in mind Redmond couldn’t even hold down a starting place in the Norwich side when we signed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was probably worth a gamble though. Young and English with a lot of potential, had he come good he would have commanded a huge fee. I can totally see the logic, it just hasn't worked out for whatever reason.

I wouldn’t be that shocked if there was something in the offing with Redmond given how he has disappeared from the squad in last couple of games. Dependant on signing Promes or similar type of player of course.

Anyone contemplating signing him should rapidly sign up for a test with a well-known high street optician brand

Anyone contemplating signing him should rapidly sign up for a test with a well-known high street optician brand

Come come DT. Supporting clubs our size and in our position is all about unrealistic expectations, and flip flopping between unrealistic optimism and pessimism. No harm being overly optimistic is there?

If we are paying out for Quincy, then I reckon one of Tadic, Boufal ,or Redman is likely to be sold to offset the fee. Redmann is not in MO Pete's planning so I'd go for it being him.

Please try to get his name right !

Is it Redman with 1 'n' or Redmann with 2 'n's ?

:)

Bear in mind Redmond couldn’t even hold down a starting place in the Norwich side when we signed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true....

and

"Picks the ball up from out wide, level with the top of the box, then runs back in a semi circle and shoots from about 30 yards, normally slicing the ball into the crowd."

...was pretty much his normal contribution for Norwich (except for that good goal against us!).

Pep obviously thought he was decent. Put him with a good coach and he could become a good player. Sadly like Puel the fans have made it difficult

If we are paying out for Quincy, then I reckon one of Tadic, Boufal ,or Redman is likely to be sold to offset the fee. Redmann is not in MO Pete's planning so I'd go for it being him.

Redmond is in deep **** at St Mary’s, for stirring, poor attitude in training and general laziness.

Redmond is in deep **** at St Mary’s, for stirring, poor attitude in training and general laziness.

Wouldn't be too surprised if this was the case.

He does like a moan on the pitch...and it may be my imagination, but we seem to be playing with more drive/desire now he isn't in the team. Bertrand certainly seems to have been putting more of a shift in without Redmond in front of him.

Can't see Psg transferring the whole 200m to Barca in one lump ?

Yes they did, lawyer just gave them a cheque (and then they affected the real transfer). Cheque is now framed somewhere or other.

Nike probably loaned them the money, same as they did with C Ronaldo.

http://www.midilibre.fr/2018/01/18/l-avocat-de-neymar-affiche-fierement-l-enorme-cheque-du-transfert-de-neymar,1615733.php

Redmond is clearly not popular with the fans but i am wondering if the last two managers have made the most of his skills. Isn't that what Pep was on about when he had his chat with him after the Man City game

I think this could be part of it. I've always felt his attitude was ****e, or at least he comes across as someone who always whines and blames others for his own mistakes. That backs up fans views of modern players as self indulged, entitled idiots, so I think this doesn't help his popularity amongst us.

I think this could be part of it. I've always felt his attitude was ****e, or at least he comes across as someone who always whines and blames others for his own mistakes. That backs up fans views of modern players as self indulged, entitled idiots, so I think this doesn't help his popularity amongst us.

Is it significant that his pimpmobile has not been in the car park the last 2 games?

Redmond certainly doesn't seem to have progressed much since he's been here. He's not a regular in the side - although to be fair there are very few players who are regulars under Pellegrino.

Then again I saw Antonio play for us. Seemed quick but pretty brainless and just ran the ball out of play constantly. He went to Forest etc and ended up at West Ham where he became one of their best players and got into the England squad.

I suppose that shows that players develop at different rates and so you don't want to give up on them too quickly.

An example of that was Fulham cup game his first 3 passes went astray then bollocked McCarthy for not coming for a cross.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Pep thing was obviously just spin. Guardiola has a temper and he just picked the closest player to b*tch to about the fact that we basically sat deep for 90 minutes. Reading it as an endorsement of Redmond's skills is laughable.