Silva sacked at Watford

eurosaint

I think we'll beat Brighton which will put them into the relegation zone and they will struggle to get out, I also think Stoke will beat Watford and Huddersfield will lose to Liverpool. West Brom are bound to lose away to City. A draw against West Brom will keep us 5 points ahead of them, Huddersfield will then lose to Man U and will fall further down the league. Swansea are playing Arse and Leicester and I think they'll get 1 point out of that. Newcastle games are too hard to predict as playing rubbish teams. IMO I think we'll be at least 3 points clear of relegation after the next two set of fixtures.

It probably says something that the players still seem to be fighting for Pellegrino, I suppose. I thought there was plenty of effort in the Spurs game, but then after a good performance the team has tended to lay a colossal egg such as Palace after Man U or Leicester after Arsenal, which is my concern for the important Brighton match.

He’s a nice fellow, the players seem to like him and play for him on occasion, but he has one premier league win in 11 games. He is very lucky to have patient employers.

True, although I do wonder quite how much the "playing for the manager" thing is a myth. I think "looking like they're trying" tends to coincide with how well the team are doing (not always, admittedly), which is a product of tactics and preparation for the match. Of course, there is also the mental side that players are generally more likely to be up for a match vs Spurs than Huddersfield. Someone posted on here a while ago about James Scowcroft talking on the radio saying that players would nearly always get up for a big game because they didn't want to be thrashed & embarrassed.

Nothing wrong with being a nice chap, in fact I think it's sad that so many people seem to admire people who act like sh1ts in the name of business/results, but if the players like Pellegrino because he goes easy on them in training and let's them have a bit of a free reign, then that's a problem.

I think we'll beat Brighton which will put them into the relegation zone and they will struggle to get out, I also think Stoke will beat Watford and Huddersfield will lose to Liverpool. West Brom are bound to lose away to City. A draw against West Brom will keep us 5 points ahead of them, Huddersfield will then lose to Man U and will fall further down the league. Swansea are playing Arse and Leicester and I think they'll get 1 point out of that. Newcastle games are too hard to predict as playing rubbish teams. IMO I think we'll be at least 3 points clear of relegation after the next two set of fixtures.

You're forgetting that we will allow Brighton and WBA to score simple headed goals because we have centre backs who don't mark in the box properly.

That has crossed my mind. But how do you tell a late-developer from a non-developer? And how late is late? Too late?!

I'll answer my own question by saying that if you list the positives that we have seen from Pellegrino since he has been here the list isn't very long at all. That to me points to him not being up to it rather than things just not clicking yet.

Two seasons in Argentina (where he was dismissed twice), an average season in Spain and a half season here where none of his teams are ever high scorers would suggest he's just not up to it. As you say there has been no discernible improvement since game 1.

Stop trolling

Don’t really see why you would call that trolling. Serious question - What do you think is more likely to prove successful, sacking MP and appointing Silva (perhaps just short term with huge bonus to avoid relegation) or sticking with MP?

Don’t really see why you would call that trolling. Serious question - What do you think is more likely to prove successful, sacking MP and appointing Silva (perhaps just short term with huge bonus to avoid relegation) or sticking with MP?

Because its not going to happen and i have no idea like everyone so its a pointless question

I truly do not know mate sorry...

Ok mate. I think it would be more likely that we’d be more likely to stay up if we sacked MP and appointed Silva although I acknowledge this is not definitely the case because it has not actually happened. I’ve enjoyed our little ‘debate’ anyway. I think.

Ok mate. I think it would be more likely that we’d be more likely to stay up if we sacked MP and appointed Silva although I acknowledge this is not definitely the case because it has not actually happened. I’ve enjoyed our little ‘debate’ anyway. I think.

Me too

An astute Board would re appoint Koeman ( with the decent contract he wanted )

Give him 6 months and a fat cheque should he keep us up.

He can then go back to Holland and take their job in the summer, we can look to a long term appointment.

Win win for both parties.

That being said, surely there is no one on this forum who thinks that Silva would be any worse than MP? Silva may not be the best out there, but when you've got the worst, things can only get better.. right?

I will ask again why do any of you think he would want this cluster **** of a job?

He went to Hull.

He clearly took that job to get his foot in the door of English football. After what happened at Watford, does he feel he needs to rebuild his reputation in England. If so, this will be ideal. Short term contract with a pause for breath in the summer. It’s a win win for both sides, him and us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He went to Hull.

He clearly took that job to get his foot in the door of English football. After what happened at Watford, does he feel he needs to rebuild his reputation in England. If so, this will be ideal. Short term contract with a pause for breath in the summer. It’s a win win for both sides, him and us.

Yes, I agree. same reasoning and same conclusion. I keep hoping for an announcement that either Silva or Koeman have been appointed to the end of the season. Looks like MP is getting to keep the job for the West Brom game now, but after that ....

He went to Hull.

Yep. Had we acted earlier in the season I wouldn't have been so sure about Silva - hell, I'm not even sure now - but if he can do with us what he did with Hull, in terms of points per game, that would still give us 15 points (assuming he arrived after WBA), enough to give us a chance of staying up.

Unfortunately, a new manager would reinvigorate the crowd a little I'm sure, but we only have a handful of home games left. All our work is going to have to be going to relegation rivals places and beating them.

The thing with Silva is that he's proven to be an impact manager where he's been, he gets his methods over quickly and has an instant impact. That's really what we need.

Think about the long-term in the summer, need to get ourselves out of this mess somehow first.

The thing with Silva is that he's proven to be an impact manager where he's been, he gets his methods over quickly and has an instant impact. That's really what we need.

Think about the long-term in the summer, need to get ourselves out of this mess somehow first.

A short term focus on survival is definitely the way to go in my book. We really are in a pickle but I am convinced we have the players to get us out.

Ex Dortmund manager Bosz might be an option as well. He started off very well at Dortmund.

A short term focus on survival is definitely the way to go in my book. We really are in a pickle but I am convinced we have the players to get us out.

Ex Dortmund manager Bosz might be an option as well. He started off very well at Dortmund.

To be honest mate, me and my dog would be better.

Agree with this Saint Albert!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If given the option of the two jobs, I struggle to see why he would. We can compete and win a wage battle with West Brom, so if given the choice why would he pick them?

He went to Hull when they were practically relegated. If nobody really expects a side to stay up, it doesn't do your reputation much harm if they go down as expected but with a few little glimmers to show that you made some improvements. I'd think west brom would look similar to him.

He went to Hull when they were practically relegated. If nobody really expects a side to stay up, it doesn't do your reputation much harm if they go down as expected but with a few little glimmers to show that you made some improvements. I'd think west brom would look similar to him.

He went there in about November though, still left a significant chunk of the season to turn things round. And a transfer window.

Another well done shout out to Les.