• PEH
    • Lemina
    • Tadic
    • Gabbi
    • JWP
    • Boufal
    • Davis
    • Obafemi

A draw was fair, but that was an extremely unsatisfying result.

Clear missed chances again, coupled with Spurs also lacking a ruthless streak. A good result on the face of it with a reasonable showing going forward but it provided further emphasis of our existing weakness, which are not being dealt with.

Pochettino said after the game that our position in the bottom three was a temporary state of affairs. No, we are there by right.

Annoyingly Bertrand was getting to the byline and laying good cutbacks to the near post Austin would have gambled on them Gabbi never got near them.

I get the feeling Bertrand really likes playing with Austin out there. They link up very well.

My goodness we have missed so many clear cut chances this season, ii is that alone which will sink us if and unless we don't get a proven centre forward goalscorer, we simply have to score to win and stay up.

And please, Kevin Friend never again, he is hopeless.

What the f*ck was going on with that ref today?? Nearly ruined the game

A draw was fair, but that was an extremely unsatisfying result.

Clear missed chances again, coupled with Spurs also lacking a ruthless streak. A good result on the face of it with a reasonable showing going forward but it provided further emphasis of our existing weakness, which are not being dealt with.

Pochettino said after the game that our position in the bottom three was a temporary state of affairs. No, we are there by right.

Not for me we've beaten spurs exactly once since we got back to the PL. They are a team that regularly destroy home and away so a draw is a decent one for us the fact we have been ****e in lots of games this season shouldn't take the gloss of a battling performance today.

McQueen or Sims could have easily lead the line and actually put the ball in the back of the net. Nice thought giving Obafemi a go but it was goals we needed and 3 points

isnt there illness in the camp ? Long was ill, I assume Sims was given he was on the bench last week so I’m not sure it’s a case of “nice thought” it was probably out of lack of choice.

Redmond must be well hacked off that a 17 yr Old was preferred to him as the attacking sub coming on !

Not for me we've beaten spurs exactly once since we got back to the PL. They are a team that regularly destroy home and away so a draw is a decent one for us the fact we have been ****e in lots of games this season shouldn't take the gloss of a battling performance today.

I understand your reasoning, but we are getting to a point of absolutely needing to make the most of opportunities like today. Time is slipping away, and so are the chances to earn another season at this level. The point was not good enough.

Good point against a decent side. Mostly all positives today, Bertrand the pick of some very good performances. We have closed the gap this weekend on Brighton, Newcastle, Udders and Watford and in the second half of the season have already picked up points against Manure and Spurs while our rivals have yet to play them in most cases.

I hope now all the “play Gabbi” brigade see that he is a shadow of the player he was and wants away. In absence of any signings Long would come straight back in my side.

I wanted 7 points from Watford, Spurs, Brighton and WBA. 8 would be fab, but think we need to target 6 with a win and draw minimum from Brighton and WBA. I wat to see us ahead of the “points per game” curve sooner rather than later

I don't rate MP but to be fait the players gave their all for him. They must have known that if they hadn't tried today the manager would be gone (probably) So he hasn't lost faith of the dressing room.

To me it was reckless putting the kid on. The game was on a knife edge and it was just too much for the lad. I know fans love the romance of it, but he didn't or wasnt physical or experienced enough to stretch Spurs. I know Redmond is not physical but he would have at least shown himself for the ball. Tadic had the ball a couple of times and was looking for the lad to show but was lost. MP got away with that decision as we got a draw but it was a risk.Bertrand was superb, but his demeanour always makes him look disinterested but I think it is just his personality

isnt there illness in the camp ? Long was ill, I assume Sims was given he was on the bench last week so I’m not sure it’s a case of “nice thought” it was probably out of lack of choice.

Redmond must be well hacked off that a 17 yr Old was preferred to him as the attacking sub coming on !

I hope he is - Redmond needs to take a long look at himself

I understand your reasoning, but we are getting to a point of absolutely needing to make the most of opportunities like today. Time is slipping away, and so are the chances to earn another season at this level. The point was not good enough.

A point is one more though than any of us actually expected is it not? You can't tell me you expected us to pick up a win today I'd written this game off as a thumping. Most of our rivals won't get anything out of spurs we need to be getting 3 points against the lower table sides this is a good point if we beat Brighton.

Good point against a decent side. Mostly all positives today, Bertrand the pick of some very good performances. We have closed the gap this weekend on Brighton, Newcastle, Udders and Watford and in the second half of the season have already picked up points against Manure and Spurs while our rivals have yet to play them in most cases.

I hope now all the “play Gabbi” brigade see that he is a shadow of the player he was and wants away. In absence of any signings Long would come straight back in my side.

I wanted 7 points from Watford, Spurs, Brighton and WBA. 8 would be fab, but think we need to target 6 with a win and draw minimum from Brighton and WBA. I wat to see us ahead of the “points per game” curve sooner rather than later

Making him captain seemed to have a positive effect on him today.

Nope. Gabbi for me any day. Long offers nothing other than pointless running.

A point is one more though than any of us actually expected is it not? You can't tell me you expected us to pick up a win today I'd written this game off as a thumping. Most of our rivals won't get anything out of spurs we need to be getting 3 points against the lower table sides this is a good point if we beat Brighton.

If we beat Brighton....

Spurs were below their usual level today, we couldn't raise ourselves to make the most of it and showed no improvement over our already known weaknesses. (Defensive assertiveness and forward threat, Spurs scored for us......)

Wish I had your optimism but I cannot see us getting out of this hole.

Nope. Gabbi for me any day. Long offers nothing other than pointless running.
I expect any opposition defender would agree with you.

Long would have run them ragged today, and his pace is always a threat, I do understand that Gabbi is more likely to score but at present that ability has disappeared

It was a nice novelty to finish the game with the majority of home fans still in the stands and even more so that thousands stayed to applaud the effort the players put in, tough game on a heavy pitch we looked absolutely knackered from 60 mins onwards.

I still feel we’re going down as just can’t see us putting a run together, hope I’m proved wrong and we make a decent signing before the end of the month rather than bringing the mascot on again for the last 15 mins.

If we beat Brighton....

Spurs were below their usual level today, we couldn't raise ourselves to make the most of it and showed no improvement over our already known weaknesses. (Defensive assertiveness and forward threat, Spurs scored for us......)

I can. Come on, we have been in worse positions.

If we beat Brighton....

either way that doesn't make today a bad point. Despite our weaknesses we ground out a result against a good team that 5 past us only a few weeks ago.

I don't rate MP but to be fait the players gave their all for him. They must have known that if they hadn't tried today the manager would be gone (probably) So he hasn't lost faith of the dressing room.

To me it was reckless putting the kid on. The game was on a knife edge and it was just too much for the lad. I know fans love the romance of it, but he didn't or wasnt physical or experienced enough to stretch Spurs. I know Redmond is not physical but he would have at least shown himself for the ball. Tadic had the ball a couple of times and was looking for the lad to show but was lost. MP got away with that decision as we got a draw but it was a risk.Bertrand was superb, but his demeanour always makes him look disinterested but I think it is just his personality

MP criticised if he plays it too safe, and criticised if he takes a risk.

"Damned if he does...."

;)

P.s. I thought Bertrand looked more pumped up during this game than any other this season.

Make Bertrand Captain. I wish Pellegrino would stop this detailed briefing of players either at a stoppage or just before substitutions. You can see their eyes glazing over at the detail, give them a basic thought or a positional change and send them on. Firstly the training ground is the place for coaching and secondly very few coaches make good managers because they are wrapped up with the theory and lose the big picture and common sense.

MP criticised if he plays it too safe, and criticised if he takes a risk.

"Damned if he does...."

Oh behave Trousers, there are risks and then foolhardy risks. That sub was one that is usually made when a club is 4 goals up, not in a knife edge game.Perhaps it was a message to the board how thin the squad is

Everrv single Saints supporter would have taken a point before the game today . Soft goal to give away & Spurs were defo off colour,however that's a point won rather than 2 dropped. ITadic so good first half, but pretty average second . Gabbi so so , but the midfield and full backs played well. Atmosphere good for once , all in all a pretty decent day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt, that is an excellent point & a good performance.

We still went too deep towards the end of the game & Tadic was awful.

Could have won, could have lost so a draw seems fair.

Rather Sam Gallagher was coming off the bench though...........

How in God's name did you arrive at that conclusion. He was one of our most effective attacking players

Today was the first time in a long long while where it felt like there was a togetherness between the players and fans. A good battling performance and plenty of spirit on and off the pitch which was encouraging. We will need plenty of that if we're to have a chance of staying up.

I expect any opposition defender would agree with you.

Long would have run them ragged today, and his pace is always a threat, I do understand that Gabbi is more likely to score but at present that ability has disappeared

Yep. Not doubting that at all but when they start giving out extra points for 'running defenders ragged' and 'causing them problems' I'll start caring.

Our next League game is on 31st January, exactly a year since Long scored in a 2-1 defeat at Swansea. Since then he has scored 2 goals and one of those was in a Turkey shoot against an utterly hopeless Sunderland team.

That is awful, absolutely dreadful for a striker and I can never understand people who stick up for him just because he runs.

Wasn't a bad game at all to watch, conditions were rank though. Pitch doesn't seem to be able to handle the rain much anymore, it was awful against Palace and was equally as awful today. Hopefully they can sort the drainage out.

Anyway...onto the game. Overall a really positive performance I felt, pressed them well, won the ball high up by anticipating their errors and created some good openings. From the outside as a natural you’d say that was two good teams on show today, it kind of underlines that we really are in a false position with the players we have.

I like the midfield of Lemina, Hoj and Romeu - but for me....I'd swap Lemina and Hoj. Keep Hoj in midfield and push Lemina into the more attacking role, I think he has more pace and strength to cause a problem. We do lack that big arse powerful CB who will leave centre forwards on the floor. Stephens is alright, but (I think it was Stephens) was literally brushed out of the way by Kane, he just moved him aside which underlines his lack of strength.

Bertrand had a good game, proper attacking outlet on the left. Cedric also had a good game doing similar down the right, but our left side is easily our strongest area. What you would say though is that this team is crying out for pace, there were opportunities in that game where JWP and even Hoj had space in front of them, but they didn't have the pace to get away.

Pace in the attacking third would make a real difference to this side, I still think we have some really good players in this team. Our next run of games is where I expect us to start pulling ourselves around. We've shown in this game, at Utd and even v Arsenal that we are better than where we are. Maybe it will now finally dawn on everyone that we are actually in real danger.

Everrv single Saints supporter would have taken a point before the game today . Soft goal to give away & Spurs were defo off colour,however that's a point won rather than 2 dropped. ITadic so good first half, but pretty average second . Gabbi so so , but the midfield and full backs played well. Atmosphere good for once , all in all a pretty decent day.

this.... and if that handball goal had been disallowed last weekend against Watford we would be feeling a whole lot better.

would be in 14th place, 2 points off 10th place.

This. For “our” goal Gabbi was just slow getting going in the box....maybe rusty but not good nonetheless.

Overall good point, players seem up for it.

So basically a good Sunday- if we get rid of MP (I still would) we have Silva as option, if we don’t at least the the team seams willing to fight for him.

Ps JWP mom...deserved at least an assist today.

Wasn't a bad game at all to watch, conditions were rank though. Pitch doesn't seem to be able to handle the rain much anymore, it was awful against Palace and was equally as awful today. Hopefully they can sort the drainage out.

Anyway...onto the game. Overall a really positive performance I felt, pressed them well, won the ball high up by anticipating their errors and created some good openings. From the outside as a natural you’d say that was two good teams on show today, it kind of underlines that we really are in a false position with the players we have.

I like the midfield of Lemina, Hoj and Romeu - but for me....I'd swap Lemina and Hoj. Keep Hoj in midfield and push Lemina into the more attacking role, I think he has more pace and strength to cause a problem. We do lack that big arse powerful CB who will leave centre forwards on the floor. Stephens is alright, but (I think it was Stephens) was literally brushed out of the way by Kane, he just moved him aside which underlines his lack of strength.

Bertrand had a good game, proper attacking outlet on the left. Cedric also had a good game doing similar down the right, but our left side is easily our strongest area. What you would say though is that this team is crying out for pace, there were opportunities in that game where JWP and even Hoj had space in front of them, but they didn't have the pace to get away.

Pace in the attacking third would make a real difference to this side, I still think we have some really good players in this team. Our next run of games is where I expect us to start pulling ourselves around. We've shown in this game, at Utd and even v Arsenal that we are better than where we are. Maybe it will now finally dawn on everyone that we are actually in real danger.

Very good points

This. For “our” goal Gabbi was just slow getting going in the box....maybe rusty but not good nonetheless.

Overall good point, players seem up for it.

So basically a good Sunday- if we get rid of MP (I still would) we have Silva as option, if we don’t at least the the team seams willing to fight for him.

Ps JWP mom...deserved at least an assist today.

I am not a fan of Tadic at all but thought he had a his best game for a fair while today.

Decent game by saints and it appears the manager hasn’t lost the dressing room which is interesting in itself bearing. The board now need to back their man in the transfer window and give hims some pace, a target man and a centre back.

Good performance from saints. They all put in a shift. Fans totally behind the team. No criticism of the substitutions. A couple of signings, sharp end and rear end, and we're good to go.
This. Let's get ****in' positive for a change.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Decent. God it’s nice seeing a keeper who is mobile. Unlucky with our final touches. Glad Erickson wasn’t playing though. We’d have lost. First time I’ve seen a selection before the game and thought he had it about right. Especially no Redmond. Perhaps he’s turned the corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since 2012 Steven davis has scored 12 league goals. In the same period Watford have had 10 managers. I would like to see Steven Davis increase his goals/to Watford managers Ratio considerably.

I have similar feelings about Long's goal to orbit of Halley's comet ratio.

Finally a midfield three of Romeu, Lemina and PEH. It worked, too. Really good pressing all round and they rarely settled on the ball. They missed Erickson badly though.

Nice to be able to be remotely positive for once.