Bad Wolf

Similar to other suggestions:

Forster (any improvement?)

Pied Bedarnek Yoshida (if fit) or Stephens McQueen

Lemina Davis

JWP Tadic/Sims/Hesketh Redmond

Gabbiadini

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This for me too, but with Boufal in for JWP and Tadic definitely rested for Sims or Hesketh.

While I acknowledge and understand the sentiment about playing a strong team so they can gel, for me the FA Cup is an unnecessary distraction this season when we’re in a relegation battle. I’d rather rest the better players so they can avoid cards and injuries. I don’t mean throw the game and not look to win, the team above could still beat Watford on their day, just resting JWP, Tadic, Hojbjerg, Cedric, Bertrand, Hoedt and Romeu.

Another game in which I wouldn't be too disappointed if we lost.

Looking at our next 8 fixtures, these need to take priority.

Forster (hopefully the rest has done him good)

Pied Stephens Yoshida Sam McQueen

PEH Davis JWP

Redmond Boufal (Sims if he is about)

Gabbi

McCarthy, Hodet, Lemina, Hesketh or Sims, Long

Well how are we going to get into Europe next season if we don't win the FA Cup? :D

Well how are we going to get into Europe next season if we don't win the FA Cup? :D

This is precisely the question which one should be asking regarding our European chances next season in relation to our league position and our future hopes of qualifying for Europe in which we'll only qualify for Europe if we win the FA Cup which should be our main focus right now and your question beautifully highlights that and I want to thank you for bringing it up in a way which was polite, effective and also slightly humorous - in short you nailed it and this is precisely the question which one should be asking regarding our European chances next season in relation to our league position and future hopes of qualifying for Europe.

...295b6c0a8c882e91b4d72eef730cd1f0.jpg

Ah the dreaded FA cup flu, at least that gives the manager plenty of scope for playing a weakened team without being criticised for it.

Lucky we haven’t made any new signings yet as they might have caught it as well.

Did they mention which other players also have the sniffles?

New Watford head coach Javi Gracia could be without as many as ten first team players for the FA Cup fourth round game at Southampton.

The Hornets' injury problems are well-documented and made life hard for Marco Silva in his final few weeks as head coach, but they are even worse for Gracia.

Heurelho Gomes has not trained all week after suffering a back spasm in training before the Leicester game, Molla Wague is not fit after limping off with a hamstring problem and Troy Deeney has not trained due to illness.

They are added to a list that includes long-term injury problems Nathaniel Chalobah, Kiko Femenia, Will Hughes, Younes Kaboul, Craig Cathcart and Miguel Britos, as well as Tom Cleverley, who has been working away from the main group this week and will be assessed tomorrow.

It means Gracia may just have 18 senior players fit for the FA Cup fourth round clash - and that is including Isaac Success, who has been training but has not played a minute of competitive football since August.

"There are many players injured," Gracia admitted.

"We are working to recover them as soon as possible. They're not in the best condition.

"Gomes didn't train this week. Troy Deeney didn't train this week because he's ill."

On potential return dates, he added: "They're at different situations. I don't know how long until they come back."

Many of the Hornets' most promising U23 players have been loaned out already this weekend too, meaning it could be a new name on the Watford bench, if Success is not deemed fit.

Source: http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/javi-gracia-could-without-ten-1119591

Ah the dreaded FA cup flu, at least that gives the manager plenty of scope for playing a weakened team without being criticised for it.

Lucky we haven’t made any new signings yet as they might have caught it as well.

Did they mention which other players also have the sniffles?

I thought it was when we were about to sell someone in January (Niemi springs to mind).

Well the only thing I can take from his cameo against spurs is he bloody quick and his finishing skills need a bit of work.

Tad harsh! He had a slight 'nose bleed' just like Josh Sims did v Everton after he made Ashley Williams look a complete chump. Stadium full of 30,000+ folks the majority of whom have just notched up the volume in anticipation, while you're stood in the Tottenham Hotspur box pretty much alone, the ball is hurtling towards you, having not long come on, at the time you're thinking I just need to touch this and at the same time you can see the typesetter reaching for the box of Capital O's: doh I needed to touch that much harder than that and with the other foot too.

...............I can forgive him that, but take heart from the fact that he got into the right place at the right time: it'll make him stronger.

Tad harsh! He had a slight 'nose bleed' just like Josh Sims did v Everton after he made Ashley Williams look a complete chump. Stadium full of 30,000+ folks the majority of whom have just notched up the volume in anticipation, while you're stood in the Tottenham Hotspur box pretty much alone, the ball is hurtling towards you, having not long come on, at the time you're thinking I just need to touch this and at the same time you can see the typesetter reaching for the box of Capital O's: doh I needed to touch that much harder than that and with the other foot too.

...............I can forgive him that, but take heart from the fact that he got into the right place at the right time: it'll make him stronger.

Having seen his finishes for the under 18's I don't think he will have a confidence problem, he certainly knows how to finish when he is running with the ball. Considering Gabi did the same thing at the other end, it's a little unfair to concentrate on Oba. From what I've seen of him so far, he looks like he'll be a decent option off of the bench regularly for us. Would be great to see him and Long come off the bench late in a game against a tired defence. I just wish we had a manager who would take a chance like that, as I can't see Pellegrino being that adventurous.

Having seen his finishes for the under 18's I don't think he will have a confidence problem, he certainly knows how to finish when he is running with the ball. Considering Gabi did the same thing at the other end, it's a little unfair to concentrate on Oba. From what I've seen of him so far, he looks like he'll be a decent option off of the bench regularly for us. Would be great to see him and Long come off the bench late in a game against a tired defence. I just wish we had a manager who would take a chance like that, as I can't see Pellegrino being that adventurous.

I was pleased when he siad in the interview afterwards that he should have hit it with his left foot instead. Long is forever hitting balls like that with his right instep and then looking suprised when the ball curls wide of the far post.

Anyone know what ticket sales are like?

Am I going to be sat on my own? :)

About 23-24k at the moment including away fans , plenty left so if weather is nice might get a decent walk up. Makes a change to have a Saturday 3pm game you can just turn up and pay on the day for.

We have no recognised Left Back for a nothing cup tie, you make it sound like we’ve sold all our Keepers apart from Tommy Forecast

its just one more **** thing in a **** season along side Shane Long's goal scoring exploits, Forsters epic goal keeping and Watford's handball equaliser to name but a few..

About 23-24k at the moment including away fans , plenty left so if weather is nice might get a decent walk up. Makes a change to have a Saturday 3pm game you can just turn up and pay on the day for.

Cheers... not quite on my own then.

Tbh thought it might be less than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Believe redmond not in squad again. Really fallen out of favour with MP, not that it's a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thought he might have played today if only to see if he has learned anything about playing for your place. Perhaps the manager has got something about him after all.