Sturridge

dogger

Hope not, and won't happen anyway.

Can't stand him. He's lost pace and hasn't even performed well for a couple of years now, his wages are huge and he's never played in a struggling team. There's good reason City and Chelsea ditched him. Doesn't matter how important a goal is, his first thought always seems to be his brand and that fcking stupid dance.

He'll go abroad and end up at West Ham on about 200k a week at some point.

He played for Bolton in 2010/11 and was instrumental in keeping them up, scoring 8 goals in 12 games.

Those words could come back to haunt you. It may not work out, but I'm certainly not "very glad" that a rival has strengthened. If he stays fit he could easily score the goals to keep them up.

If.... but knowing our luck (and the chance of an England World Cup call up) he’ll bit fit for the rest of the season

Didn’t say I was pleased. Like I say the walking sick note will stay fit until there’s no chance of an England call up. Then boom hello physio table.
Very glad is virtually the same as pleased. They only need him to stay fit enough to score a few crucial goals and keep them up. It's entirely possible and he's a better class of striker than we have if he stays fit.

Except for the loss of dressing room harmony. Very glad we’ve dodged this bullet.

He is not divisive. So many seem to judge him on his celebration but he seems a decent bloke if you took the time to read any interviews,

Wish we got him.

Didn’t say I was pleased. Like I say the walking sick note will stay fit until there’s no chance of an England call up. Then boom hello physio table.

Don't think that's right - his absences from 1st team duties were often down to Klopp not selecting him. Would he be any more injury prone than Austin? I don't think so. Given our situation, I would have welcomed him here - he's got class and he's clinical.

I think Pardew will keep them up as JRod/Sturridge will do the business. We, on the other hand, have bought a striker who does not know the PL and has very little time to get up to speed. A big gamble by Saints.

Saints have new striker that could turn out to be just what we need and also have one if the best finishers coming back from injury in February in Charlie Austin. We will be fine.

Well put and your probably not too far from the truth.Why put himself in harms way any further when the world cup calling is over?,back to easy street for him and earn all the dosh from the comfort of the treatment room.