Saints Vs Brighton Thread

magnet

We have to get stuck in as fans and get behind the team. If we don't get a win it's not going to be looking promising. Never quit, but we'll be staring down the barrel if we can't secure all three points.

A lovely attacking line up with Lemina, Romeu and Hojberg and Carrillo starting with Long on the bench

Not feeling at all confident, and I'm not sure anybody who's seen many of our matches this season would be either. Play well first half, go 1-0 or 2-0 up, then play defensively for half a game for no good reason. Brighton must have one of the worst strike forces in the league (apart from maybe ours!) and yet even they will score if/when we keep inviting pressure.

So, what would be the best scoreline for us tomorrow?

Any defeat or draw isn't good enough, so what kind of win would settle us or give us confidence?

1-0... too edgy, never convincing

2-1... edgy on a 'Watford' scale

2-0... nervous until the final whistle :lol:

3-1... Bit more confident, but they scored so defence isn't right

3-0... 'proper' win, clean sheet - this does it for me (or is it a false dawn...?:uhoh:)

4-1 or better... hopes raised too much? Everton, anyone?

Any defeat or draw isn't good enough, so what kind of win would settle us or give us confidence?

3-0... 'proper' win, clean sheet - this does it for me (or is it a false dawn...?:uhoh:)

A 1-1 draw is nailed on........

Sunderland scoreline a few seasons back at home comes to mind.:p

I just want to see a committed performance. Despite the moans about negative tactics we have the players capable of attractive, attacking football.

Trouble is, we've not really seen it for more than half a game at a time, and that's killing us. No idea whether it's lack of fitness, but inability to respond when the opposition start to get into the game is a factor, and the longer the woes go on, the more fear and nerves become a factor.

Just hope the crowd can get right behind the team right through the game. I know it's hard to keep positive when things are going wrong on the pitch, but anxiety spreads very fast from the terraces to the team.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just want to see a committed performance. Despite the moans about negative tactics we have the players capable of attractive, attacking football.

Trouble is, we've not really seen it for more than half a game at a time, and that's killing us. No idea whether it's lack of fitness, but inability to respond when the opposition start to get into the game is a factor, and the longer the woes go on, the more fear and nerves become a factor.

Just hope the crowd can get right behind the team right through the game. I know it's hard to keep positive when things are going wrong on the pitch, but anxiety spreads very fast from the terraces to the team.

I agree, Spurs at home was a good atmosphere we could do with a repeat of that. Plenty of tickets still left for tonight.

Brighton have sold out and will bring a noisy following.

Try to be positive and hope the players react. Not sure I could take a 0-1 defeat though, if that happens fans have every right to be negative.

Stating the obvious, but this is a huge game and a must win.

I've wanted Pellegrino out for a while but I've accepted that he's still here, but surely if we don't get 6 points from our next 2 games then his position is untenable?

We need to (and should) be winning tonight. Don't let us down Saints!

Owing to the importance of the game, think it is our most important one this season- unless we get to an FA Cup Final or something- this one will define the rest of the season- therefore, I've placed a £100 bet on Brighton to win or draw (double chance).

Basically tempting the football gods by saying, please can we win for £100!

Come on Saints- make me lose my money pls.

Owing to the importance of the game, think it is our most important one this season- unless we get to an FA Cup Final or something- this one will define the rest of the season- therefore, I've placed a £100 bet on Brighton to win or draw (double chance).

Reading this reminds me of my grandfathers favourite saying, ‘Fools and their money, etc’.

No offence intended

I've often thought of doing that sort of thing but it just makes me feel too dirty. [emoji852]️

I've often thought of doing that sort of thing but it just makes me feel too dirty. [emoji852]️

naah- if anything it softens the blow (very marginally!)

There must certainly be ppl on here who have placed money on us to go down (with good odds to boot if you did it a month or two ago!)

There must certainly be ppl on here who have placed money on us to go down (with good odds to boot if you did it a month or two ago!)

The year we lost to Arsenal in the Cup Final I had £20 at 20/1 on Saints, placed before the 3rd round. On the day of the final Arsenal we're about 4/6 to win so I could have lumped £200 on them and guaranteed a win win. But still couldn't do it.

You have to wonder whether we rushed him back too soon after he limped off in the added minutes of the Chelsea game just before Christmas...... being a touch cynical; World Cup on the horizon you would imagine that players in the reckoning to go will be getting neurotic to any little tweek.

Doubt Bertrand is that sort of player, he was giving it his all before he suddenly sat down on the pitch on Saturday. There was a collective groan from our part of the Kingsland close to where Bertrand went down. It looked bad and Pellegrino must have been bull****ting when he said Ryan could be available for tomorrow night. He won't be anywhere near ready so the Clown was just bluffing to confuse Hughton on our team selection. Pied played well and will start not MacQueen who will not be match fit.

Really do need to win don't we.

A loss and we're down. A draw and we're almost certainly down.

A clinging on to 1-0 win having given up attacking and subbed an attacker for a defender in the 60th minute? Then I think he'll never learn and we'll probably go down.

I'm always torn between - look at our squad, look at their squad - therefore we must have a great chance of winning....and - this clown has somehow only won 4 matches all season so why would this one be any different?

So, to summarise:

A Loss and we go down

A Draw and we go down

A Win and we go down.

That about it?

So, to summarise:

A Loss and we go down

A Draw and we go down

A Win and we go down.

That about it?

A win might not save us, but it would bump us up the table for now, improve morale and hopefully help to lift the gloom.

I put £20 on us going down after we lost at home to Watford.

Be happy to lose the money though.

Quite simply, the biggest match of the season. Time for this underperforming group to show up. Nothing less than 3 points will do.

Win and huge shot in the arm for our (completely preventable) relegation battle, gives a chance to scrape out of it.

Defeat and surely, surely our incompetent board will finally put Pellegrino out of his misery and prey for a Swansea like revival from a new man. Would be our only hope.

However, horrible nagging feeling (again) that it will be yet another dull, frustrating draw with high possession and no penetration.

I expect to see a group of overpaid, underperforming prima-donnas being played out of position offensively and putting in 70% effort. I expect to see us go a goal up and then sit back for a least 45 minutes, then concede a headed goal and fail to score again.

I expect to see a couple of bizarre subs, 20 minutes too late, run around like headless chickens and do **** all.

I expect to see a skinny lapdog looking like a rabbit in the headlights during the game and then roll out at fulltime to tell us we controlled the game, unlucky not to win and that our level is improving every week.

I expect our board to do **** all about it having sold our best player for a world record fee and blamed him for all our performances this year, having brought in only a slow, non-goal scoring mate of a hopeless puppet manager for a ridiculous fee. (& possibly an inadequate last minute panic loan). Smacks to me of the beginning of an asset stripping exercise preparing the club financially for relegation.

I expect a Jeremy Wilson puff-piece tomorrow blaming VVD, Walcott & the Russians.

I expect Ralph to roll out tomorrow and tell us we did everything we could this window to improve our soccerball team and indirectly blame Liverpool, VVD, Walcott & the Russians and tell us we are a small club. He will then recite the club motto, **** off to Canada to coach an under 10's hockey tournament and be back in the summer.

Meanwhile we have a dodgy Chinese new owner who knows **** all about football, understandably putting trust in this board who have been sound historically but have ****ed up every big decision in the last year and a half. Unfortunately, he probably does not have a ****ing clue what to do about it.

Hope I am wildly wrong on all counts and Jesus I hope I am.