Saints Vs Brighton Thread

magnet

One of the scary things is we appear to have a weaker attacking four now in Long, Davis, JWP and Tadic than back in the Championship days - Lambert, Lallana, Rodriguez and Puncheon!

Rodriguez joined when we were promoted to the PL but I get your point. It's hardly a front four that strikes fear into defences

"Interesting" selection. We'd better ****ing win.

Very unlikely unless Brighton are really rank. If Hughton win tonight against that rabble MP has picked, Brighton are going down with us.

Leaving all those expensive players on the bench is madness. MP must have mental wellness issues, shouldn’t be in a high pressure job like that.

I’d have swapped Lemina for Davis. Carrillo is unknown quantity and JWP consistent.

Probably would have started Yoshida for Stephens as well.

Boufal as an impact sub and Lemina to replace a tiring Davis doesn’t leave him with many options of Plan A fails.

Rodriguez joined when we were promoted to the PL but I get your point. It's hardly a front four that strikes fear into defences

Oh, yes....who was the other attacker in those days then? Had we got rid of Barnard by then? Was it Guly?....not a bad player.

Guly, Chaplow, Sharp... even De Ridder! Good times.

Let's hope it really clicks tonight and we grab a comfortable win. MP has made a big decision and (imo) taken a real risk with that line up, but let's be honest it's Brighton. Good club but we SHOULD be winning this.

Really can't think of one viable excuse for Pellegrino.

Can only judge on selections, subs, tactics, performances and results. All diabolical.

I judge the board solely on not sacking him 3 months ago.

I have the feeling Pellegrino could send only 9 players out on the pitch and Reed and Kreuger would support him.

The only thing I can think of regarding Lemina is that he isn't fully fit yet and two games in four days might be too much for him.

But that doesn't excuse not picking Boufal instead of Steven bloody Davis.

But I thought Davis was the best thing since sliced bread on here?

The only thing I can think of regarding Lemina is that he isn't fully fit yet and two games in four days might be too much for him.

How long have people been saying Lemina isn't fully fit yet? Must be almost two months.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Yep. Especially in a game where Brighton are likely to defend against us. We will need Boufal's creativity desperately. What we do not need is Davis' backwards passing, constant losing of possession, lack of pace & strength and general all round cackness.

Wasn't this guy supposed to be an attack minded coach? He's just a moron.