Saints Vs Brighton Thread

magnet

If we're worried about brighton goalscorers then we should give up.

They're a hard working side but dire in attack.

We can't line up defensive for this one, it'll just be a stalemate. Go 1 up, they'll have to attack then we can pick them off. It isn't a game for Hojbjerg, Romeu and Lemina all together, it's too negative.

Hojbjerg Romeu

JWP Boufal Tadic

Carillo

Balance, crosses from both sides, target man in the middle and unpredictability in central with Boufal.

We haven't signed Carillo yet!!

All of those who gave up our season tickets this season (that I used to go with) have decided this game is massive so have all got tickets so we can really get behind the team and give something back after Sunday's performance, Let's hope the team are as up for it as we are !

Mike Dean is the ref. Brighton fans absolutely hate him, so should add a bit of extra spice to the match.

And of course, the last time we met at St Mary's, we had the wonderful refereeing display of Peter Walton to behold.

Not sure I know a set of fans who like that bloke, irritating self-important idiot.

Not sure I know a set of fans who like that bloke, irritating self-important idiot.

I like him slightly more since not disallowing Newport's winner against Leeds in the 3rd Round, but he's still the absolute nobber who shrugged his shoulders about some decision at Dean Court which at the time was completely out of order but now I can't even remember what it was about...

Needless to say this has taken on the status of Southampton's biggest game of the season to date. Anything but a win would be a minor disaster.

-----------McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

-------Romeu Hojbjerg

-----Boufal Lemina Tadic

-----------FK

FK is the new striker, "F*ck Knows".

I like him slightly more since not disallowing Newport's winner against Leeds in the 3rd Round, but he's still the absolute nobber who shrugged his shoulders about some decision at Dean Court which at the time was completely out of order but now I can't even remember what it was about...

If you are talking about this season at Dean Court then it has to be him sending off Raheem "the Penguin" Sterling for a second yellow after scoring in Man City overtime then piling into the City fans to celebrate having already gotten a yellow he got a second and the red, can't argue with that it's a bookable offence. I do recall him shrugging his shoulders when he surrounded by incredulous City players.

Anyway no doubt he will be looking forward to this game as he is far more important than both Saints and Brighton, and he will be doing us both a massive favour in officiating the game for us.

Said it before if you were to apply a tune to a ref both him and Clattenburg could both share Geri Halliwells Look at Me.

If we're worried about brighton goalscorers then we should give up.

They're a hard working side but dire in attack.

We can't line up defensive for this one, it'll just be a stalemate. Go 1 up, they'll have to attack then we can pick them off. It isn't a game for Hojbjerg, Romeu and Lemina all together, it's too negative.

Hojbjerg Romeu

JWP Boufal Tadic

Carillo

Balance, crosses from both sides, target man in the middle and unpredictability in central with Boufal.

I'd be worried about a League 2 team's strikers if they are decent in the air.

All of those who gave up our season tickets this season (that I used to go with) have decided this game is massive so have all got tickets so we can really get behind the team and give something back after Sunday's performance, Let's hope the team are as up for it as we are !

Brighton fans certainly see it that way, bloke I work with has his ticket and reckons they sold out all 3300 virtually straight away. Loads of home end tickets still available. Massive game, got to be up for this one.

We'll score first, we're good at doing that, but the question is can we push on and go win the game 2-0 or 3-0? That's really what we need, a big win and a dominant performance, for the whole 90 minutes.

Considering that’s only happened once this season, that’s probably (definitely) asking too much

We'll score first, we're good at doing that, but the question is can we push on and go win the game 2-0 or 3-0? That's really what we need, a big win and a dominant performance, for the whole 90 minutes.

If we start sitting back, a few thousand fans singing ‘Time to go for Pellegrino’ should ratchet up the pressure. He’s so mentally weak I think as a crowd our reactions en masses can actually have an influence. Seeing as Les isn’t going to sack him we are better off trying something

The away match was the most gutless performance I can recall watching.

It's as if we thought that we were playing Barcelona or PSG.

Worst part was, the way that we played we really didn't deserve anything more than a point. It was a cowardly display.

Hope we actually have a go at them for 90 mins, regardless of which team is put out.

The away match was the most gutless performance I can recall watching.

It's as if we thought that we were playing Barcelona or PSG.

Worst part was, the way that we played we really didn't deserve anything more than a point. It was a cowardly display.

Hope we actually have a go at them for 90 mins, regardless of which team is put out.

Interesting you should say that because I think our most enjoyable teams since our return to the prem have been the ones where you know on our day we had the game to beat anyone. There really was no fear factor at all and we frequently bossed games against the biggest teams. Nowadays not only do we defend and hope for scraps from the big teams, we also give the smaller teams way too much respect and fail to impose ourselves.

We’ve only won one game in the league by more than one goal so it seems unlikely doesn’t it? We’ll go 1 up and either draw or lose 2-1, the Pelleclown specialty.

Despite the win today I can't see us getting anything here. We've already failed to rise to the challenge of a "must win" game many times this season. Manager has no idea how to approach this kind of game so it will just be another one we needed to win and didn't. Read: Huddersfield and Palace home. Watford away.

Dunk is very good. Their keeper is very good. Murray is a handful. Knockaert is very good. It will be tough. But if we set up well and someone says to MP that if he game manages like he has been it willbe his last game we can win. We need to go balls out attack. Which means someone spiking the manager's drink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On paper we should win this easily, but it’s down to how brave our manager is by picking the correct team plus making the right substitutions on the night.

There is no paper this season. We have a chance of beating them if they show up and don't perform.

If we lose this I can’t see how Pellegrino can keep his job, though he probably will.

Given our tough run in a defeat will leave us in a desperate position.

You've answered your own question! I agree with you, if only Reed could see the problem. Let's pray for a win! I'm an atheist by the way!!!

Sure they won’t just be moaning entitled cnts who will slate Boufal? The sort that give up on their STs if not suitably entertained,