Weekend other games

Shroppie

Is it just that Puel has better players at his disposal this season or that he learned a lot about the Premiership last season? His Leicester team seem to have a very different attitude to attack than we saw at Saints.

I imagine we would have looked a lot better with Vardy upfront instead of Long last season..

Is it just that Puel has better players at his disposal this season or that he learned a lot about the Premiership last season? His Leicester team seem to have a very different attitude to attack than we saw at Saints.

Or he's just a half decent manager?

Perhaps Pochettino has had his head turned by Real Madrid?

Good manager, better than our incumbent, but not the fecking mesiah many think he is. He is likely to add another trophy-less season to his CV. And I think given their team, and Europe's best goal-scorer, maybe he should be doing better

the fact he is able to keep the best striker in the world whilst the club pay him a similar fee to our reserve keeper is incredible.

poch is clearly a class manager.

Jesus - this VAR thing is an utter load of s***e. Don't know why WBAs goal was disallowed...just play the f***** game, what a joke.

Barry was offside but wasn't in way of cross at all- think goal being chalked off was fair but Barry certainly didn't impede on the keeper the way you have seen in other corner situations- so could be tad harsh- so even if he was offside it isn't like he flicked it on or anything.

as for Salah's pen- he was getting nowhere near that cross, and you see far worse shoves and tackles week in that aren't given. Ultimately, if we are to be consistent and give that a pen, then really we should be seeing 2/3 penalties every fixture.

Look, I think the VAR is a needed concept in football- certainly would have helped us 2 weeks ago against Watford away, but wish there was a better way of integrating it- waiting 3 minutes for a decision doesn't have the same spark it does in tennis and cricket for me.

Edited by nta786

Barry was offside but wasn't in way of cross at all- think goal being chalked off was fair but Barry certainly didn't impede on the keeper the way you have seen in other corner situations- so could be tad harsh- so even if he was offside it isn't like he flicked it on or anything.

as for Salah's pen- he was getting nowhere near that cross, and you see far worse shoves and tackles week in that aren't given. Ultimately, if we are to be consistent and give that a pen, then really we should be seeing 2/3 penalties every fixture.

Look, I think the VAR is a needed concept in football- certainly would have helped us 2 weeks ago against Watford away, but wish there was a better way of integrating it- but waiting 3 minutes for a decision doesn't have the same spark it does in tennis and cricket for me.

it will get to the point where you wont bother celebrating a goal until VAR has said yes

I don't understand the criticism either. Isn't it good that right decisions are being made for a change? It needs some work, but I'd rather have this than cheating bastards winning games.

Only oddballs who think VAR -the disallowed goal and pen- has conspired against the smaller side. Which is completely coincidental.

The one thing I would change is to have the refs miked up to the PA system, and they can explain to everyone in the stadium what is going on, what they are reviewing, etc.

Would be better if the ref had showed some urgency and jogged across to the review screen rather than slowly stroll to it.

it isn't though isn't. it is giving the right decisions

var never killed the moment in the last min away to Watford though

We didn't need VAR for that, just a competent official who can see.

All it will do it makes referees worse then they already are and give them more and more limelight, making it all about them. If they did their job properly we wouldn't need it.

The one thing I would change is to have the refs miked up to the PA system, and they can explain to everyone in the stadium what is going on, what they are reviewing, etc.

Well referees say nowt as it is and are almost basically unaccountable for their actions- they never get interviewed after games, and for sure they won't be telling their thoughts at the time to millions on tv!

I think to speed up the process, we shouldn't have had Pawson go up to the TV to take a look, just let Marriner (the ref watching the game somewhere in London) decide it there and then.