Saints 1 Watford 0 - We Limp On

St Chalet

Absolutely take the win but appaling negative tactics inviting pressure onto us once again. What on earth is the manager playing at? You can guarantee we will do this again this season and will lose yet more points because of it. It has to stop and if we are resolved to sticking with the manager then someone needs to have a word with him to prevent it from happening. It's absolutely maddening!

Listened to the 2nd half on the way home. I don’t think I’ve heard Blackmore and Merrington slate any manager as much as that.

Pellegrino is a f*cking moron and needs to be sacked ASAP. Shame it’s not going to happen.

Absolutely take the win but appaling negative tactics inviting pressure onto us once again. What on earth is the manager playing at? You can guarantee we will do this again this season and will lose yet more points because of it. It has to stop and if we are resolved to sticking with the manager then someone needs to have a word with him to prevent it from happening. It's absolutely maddening!

I'm not a massive fan of dropping deep but when the players are constantly fluffing it up the other end, it's wise to tighten up in the last 10.

Good win.

Exactly. I'm sure the manager wasn't screaming at the players to sit deep, but he needs to tell them to step up.

Wednesday night has to be the crowd and players united and if Pellegrino s hits the bed again he has to stopped and throughly undermined. Forget OWTS, the second half needs to be chanting ‘attack’, thousands of us, push the players forward and override his instructions

Well it’s a win but just about as unconvincing as it could possibly be.

Manager’s input once again completely surrendered the initiative and we were hanging on in a game we should have been comfortable in. He will clearly never learn.

Please Les - sack him now. It’s our only chance of staying up irrespective of who we sign in the next few days.

What this sort of result does make a mockery of is those posters who are intent on saying the players are primarily to blame for our situation. These players set up properly and coached correctly should be nowhere near the relegation zone. This negative approach is the reason we have been so poor this season and I see no reason why it won't continue for the foreseeable future.

Can't see Gabbi staying on much longer. He'll be pushed down even further when Austin returns. I don't understand why Long is selected over him. It seems a clear case of deciding on a formation and then forcing your players to fit, rather than looking at the talents of the squad and putting in the best formation to win.

You might not like the tactics but they worked and we won

However I would like to know why the manager did not bring on Lemina instead of Yoshi perhaps there was concern if Pied was playing at LB

A positive result doesn't automatically mean that the tactics worked. Imo we won despite those tactics and could very easily have drawn or lost once we surrendered the initiative as we have so often this season. A positive result in no way masks those fundamental failings.

Pellegrino out

Board made their gamble and it has not worked - they have to act now and get rid or be 100% responsible for the consequences - relegation. Simple sack MoPe or the whole board (and clown of course) if we get relegated.

A win is a win.

Even though clown MoPe tried to out-coach himself.

He's a ****ing idiot. Seriously without a clue.

Though a win is a win.

It is, but it's a scraped win against a team bang out of form that we were on top of and that he decided to meekly handed the initiative to in his usual lame manner. I cannot stand this manager, we are either going to go down or just scrape survival under him.

It is, but it's a scraped win against a team bang out of form that we were on top of and that he decided to meekly handed the initiative to in his usual lame manner. I cannot stand this manager, we are either going to go down or just scrape survival under him.
And possibly go through the entire season without a really convincing 90 minutes in any game. Even our Everton win didn't have that and owed more to how terrible they were than anything else.