Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michael Obafemi

Already has an assist and goal in the Premier League I how many minutes?

2. Default

Update:

@adamleitchsport: Obafemi is missing after picking up a minor injury in training. Expected to miss the next couple of matches #saintsfc

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Update:
    A shame for him having just made a breakthrough. Reckon he would have been first sub on again tonight if he was fit.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Very good news this!

6. Default

Just reading up now & didn't realise he got injured again.... FFS.

7. Default

Holding his hammy too. 2 years ago I did my hammy. Rehabbed it, everything great, played, boom went again. Rinse and repeat twice. It’s not fun at all, you play with the fear it will go again at any time.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Holding his hammy too. 2 years ago I did my hammy. Rehabbed it, everything great, played, boom went again. Rinse and repeat twice. It’s not fun at all, you play with the fear it will go again at any time.
    Ralph's view:

@AdamBlackmore: #saintsfc boss Ralph Hasenhüttl told me that Michael Obafemi’s repeated hamstring problem is down to his physique at the moment, his ‘posture’, as opposed to any mistake of judgement by anyone on his fitness

Did obafemi have this odd physique when we sold gabbi and tried everything to push Austin out?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Did obafemi have this odd physique when we sold gabbi and tried everything to push Austin out?
    Are you happy or unhappy with us at the moment, Bats?

It's hard to tell

11. Default

Ugh.

@SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC boss Ralph Hasenhüttl says @michaelobafemi_ is set to be out until the end of the season through injury, while @IngsDanny remain unavailable for #FFC

The thought of us trying to sell Austin on the last day of the transfer deadline day is laughable.
    No way would we of got a replacement in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    The thought of us trying to sell Austin on the last day of the transfer deadline day is laughable.
    No way would we of got a replacement in.
    I’d rather we played Barnes than Austin.

Bloody shambles this. what a mess. The thought of us sticking all our eggs in the Ings, Obafemi, Long and Austin basket is absolutely laughable.

All either always injured or nowhere near good enough.

Which other teams would any of these get in in this league?

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Bloody shambles this. what a mess. The thought of us sticking all our eggs in the Ings, Obafemi, Long and Austin basket is absolutely laughable.

All either always injured or nowhere near good enough.

Which other teams would any of these get in in this league?
    He can be the Theo Walcott of our 1st promotion campaign.

(Score goals & get sold)

We tried to sell Austin along with others all through out January but nobody was prepared to buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    We tried to sell Austin along with others all through out January but nobody was prepared to buy him.
    No surprise. He's sh1te and always injured and on high wages.

Our squad just got that little bit stronger as it got a little bit smaller

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Our squad just got that little bit stronger as it got a little bit smaller
    You really are a little ray of sunshine aren’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    So getting rid of Gabbi wasn't enough for a goal-shy squad??? Mind boggling insanity from the club. Suicidal.

21. Default Obafemi dreams of emulating Gareth Bale, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adam Lallana

22. Default

Oh dear. This won’t end well.

In fairness, if Redmond was able emulate Henry I don't see why Obafemi can't emulate Bale.

Not sure how looking to emulate previous successful academy products is a bad thing.
    Club seem to be doing a good job supporting him.

think its a nice enough article with a slightly silly headline. he says their success was a factor in him choosing to come to saints and why wouldnt it be. seems to undertand he has some growing up and learning to do and is trying to do it. Fair play to him. He has some good attributes and with some hard work you never know how far he'll go. Wont be bale im sure but hes still young has a good chance. fingers crossed for him

Want to see him do well so fingers crossed. At the moment his main attribute is his pace - doesnt seem to have the same technical ability as most of our youngsters coming through but no reason why that wont develop!

He reminds me a bit of Michael Antonio when we had him in League 1. He was raw then but you could tell he had the physical attributes to work with. Obafemi could probably do with a season at a lower level to learn his craft a bit and develop a goalscoring habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Troy View Post
    think its a nice enough article with a slightly silly headline. he says their success was a factor in him choosing to come to saints and why wouldnt it be. seems to undertand he has some growing up and learning to do and is trying to do it. Fair play to him. He has some good attributes and with some hard work you never know how far he'll go. Wont be bale im sure but hes still young has a good chance. fingers crossed for him
    Yeah exactly, he doesn't even say he wants to be like them, he just notes that those players also came through the academy. Not like newspapers (and particularly the DM) to come up with misleading headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by disconnect View Post
    Want to see him do well so fingers crossed. At the moment his main attribute is his pace - doesnt seem to have the same technical ability as most of our youngsters coming through but no reason why that wont develop!
    His goal against Chelsea on Boxing day showed great technical ability I thought. Superb finish in the top corner.

I think his close ball control and dribbling ability could be improved though, but it's already better than Long's.

30. Default

He needs to get over whatever fitness issue he has, doesn't seem to be able to play consecutive games. Looking at him you wonder if he gets over that he could have a similar impact to Adama Troare, seems to have a similar build especially if he keeps working on it, explosive pace and power, you don't even really need good dribbling ability if you have that, what Troare has worked on a lot is end product, finishing, crossing, composure basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    His goal against Chelsea on Boxing day showed great technical ability I thought. Superb finish in the top corner.

I think his close ball control and dribbling ability could be improved though, but it's already better than Long's.
    Definitely agree it was a great goal, and was a very nice Christmas gift to the fans! I am indeed talking about his ball control and dribbling - seems very raw in that respects