Michael Obafemi - Official: Signs for Swansea

SuperSAINT

Anyone watched him much? Is he any good?

How does he compared to Seager, Olomola, Barnes, Gallagher??

We seem to produce a fair few who look like they might make it but so hard to tell. I've seen a few games of each of them, more of Gallagher and he's the one I'd have more hope for, he's already done it in the Championship at least.

Still, they'll all at very worst be Championship/League 1 players so the academy is doing pretty well. Would like to see Sims and Hesketh loaned to a Championship club for the rest of the season. I mean, good development AND if the worst happens, good to have them experienced in there.

Looks like a bit of a speedster. Cool finish on him too. He's certainly doing well for the U18's.

The others you mentioned are obviously older & different sorts of players. Will be interesting to see how Obafemi does if he breaks into the U23's (which I don't think he's played for yet!)

Looks like a bit of a speedster. Cool finish on him too. He's certainly doing well for the U18's.

The others you mentioned are obviously older & different sorts of players. Will be interesting to see how Obafemi does if he breaks into the U23's (which I don't think he's played for yet!)

Ii should know but what is his goal rate for the under 18's?

Got to say, pretty excited by this kid. See he got a brace at the weekend for the U18s - seems to have a lot of pace and hopefully we'll see more of him over the next couple of years.

Think that was Afolabi. Another good prospect.

U18's are in a really good run at the moment.

Got to say, pretty excited by this kid. See he got a brace at the weekend for the U18s - seems to have a lot of pace and hopefully we'll see more of him over the next couple of years.

Michael Obefemi didn't score twice, he didn't play at the weekend for the under 18s.

Saints goals vs Leicester City under 18s were scored by Jonathan Afolobi (x2) and Enzo Robsie.

Where does Olufela Olomola find himself in the pecking order now then?

Scored 2 goals for the u18s at the weekend.

Not quite ;)

He's back at the club and playing for the U23's.

Yeovil were in for him, but he's seemingly waiting for a move up a level from League 2.

• 7 months later...
Doing well for the U23s this season and looks a promising player with the mix of pace and power combined with finishing ability that is rare to find.

Need to ensure he is tied down to a long contract.

Yeah, very much so. Starting every game for the U23's now & scoring goals.

The U23's have stated really well this season.

Yeah, very much so. Starting every game for the U23's now & scoring goals.

The U23's have stated really well this season.

They have, but just keep the perspectiive that they are doing very well in the 2nd division of the u23 league, where they are because the management of the academy in the last couple of seasons has been so bad. The players can't help this but they are not being tested against the best.

They have, but just keep the perspectiive that they are doing very well in the 2nd division of the u23 league, where they are because the management of the academy in the last couple of seasons has been so bad. The players can't help this but they are not being tested against the best.

Credit where it's due though. Can only beat what's in front of them.

• 1 month later...
Looked lively today, brave with the ball and decisive. Hope he can get some mins against Watford too.
Probably won't happen but I would consider starting him against Watford. The team is in desperate need of freshening up somehow and at least it would give the home crowd a boost to see a youngster with some enthusiasm rather than continuing to plug away with the tried and untrusted likes of Long or Austin?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Lighthouse changed the title to Michael Obafemi - Official: Signs for Swansea