WBA v Saints - 5th Round FA Cup Thread

Edmonton Saint

As much as I love the FA Cup, staying in the premier league is vital so this game to me is essentially dead rubber. Pellegrino describes this as a cup final.....beggars belief.

I would rotate in this one - certainly with the players who are most crucial to our relegation battle who we cannot afford to be injured. Rest Lemina, both fullbacks IMO.

This is one of the things I hate most about what our club has become..and a lot of the league TBF.

Why suddenly do we need to rest players who will get a week off to recover anyway? It's like no one can play two games in a month now!

Play the strongest team FFS, half our problems in the last two years IMO have been due to never playing the same team two games in a row.

Man City Players are likely to end up playing twice as many games as our precious darlings so ours don't need a rest.

If Romeu gets banned, he gets banned..he can have a rest then..he is going to miss games anyway as he will get booked in one of the next 5 games so what's it matter which game it is? If we don't play him we are just voluntarily making him sit out another game? It's just mental.

This is one of the things I hate most about what our club has become..and a lot of the league TBF.

Why suddenly do we need to rest players who will get a week off to recover anyway? It's like no one can play two games in a month now!

Play the strongest team FFS, half our problems in the last two years IMO have been due to never playing the same team two games in a row.

Man City Players are likely to end up playing twice as many games as our precious darlings so ours don't need a rest.

If Romeu gets banned, he gets banned..he can have a rest then..he is going to miss games anyway as he will get booked in one of the next 5 games so what's it matter which game it is? If we don't play him we are just voluntarily making him sit out another game? It's just mental.

This.

With injuries what will be, will be. Pellegrino should be relentlessly trying to bed down his strongest team for the run in and he should play it today. We don't play again for a week so it's just a normal week of the season with a week's rest.

And, y'know, we could do with a bit of practice of actually winning football matches because we have done precious little of that.

This ^

Hopefully

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshida Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina Hojbjerg

JWP Boufal Tadic

Gabbiadini

Two things:

Press the ball

Get in and around the striker

It’s easy this managing malarkey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saint Garret OUT

What the hell has the game come to when people are talking about resting players? No mid week games (unless we have a replay) until April FFS plus a blank weekend next month. The manager wants the players to be brave ... well pick your best team and send them out with positive intentions and don't drop them the next week.

Call me old fashioned but it makes me sick to the stomach the way teams basically wave a white flag of surrender before a ball is even kicked by sending out a weak team in cup matches, with the message of basically saying we don't really give a damn about winning this match, or care about the fans who have made an effort and spent their hard earned cash to watch a match. Winning games can only be good for club and fans morale ... getting beaten and playing poorly can only bring even further loss of confidence all round.

West Brom are a team in even more turmoil than us at the moment ... there are there for the taking ...lets do this!!

What the hell has the game come to when people are talking about resting players? No mid week games (unless we have a replay) until April FFS plus a blank weekend next month. The manager wants the players to be brave ... well pick your best team and send them out with positive intentions and don't drop them the next week.

Call me old fashioned but it makes me sick to the stomach the way teams basically wave a white flag of surrender before a ball is even kicked by sending out a weak team in cup matches, with the message of basically saying we don't really give a damn about winning this match, or care about the fans who have made an effort and spent their hard earned cash to watch a match. Winning games can only be good for club and fans morale ... getting beaten and playing poorly can only bring even further loss of confidence all round.

West Brom are a team in even more turmoil than us at the moment ... there are there for the taking ...lets do this!!

Hi, sweetie! ;)

I like many wish the manager was sacked - but he sent out strong teams against Fulham/Watford and was slaughtered for it on here. Now if he sends a "rotated" side he'll also get lambasted? This is a free hit and if he plays his strongest side and we're left with injuries to key players, then that is the risk. There's also the fact that there's a 25-man squad, so there's some rotation needed to keep players happy, there's also rightly many calling for younger players to be played more often - Hesketh/Sims/McQueen/Valery/ etc!

As for those comparing us to Man City - Man City do rotate the players, even Aguero doesn't get in the side every game! although there a couple of main stays Fernandinho/De Bruyne tend to play more than most.. what we need is a couple of those (currently that's Hoedt/Bertrand/Cedric)

Decent side. Well done MP and right move
Indeed. We've got to just win whenever the opportunity arises. Let's hope WBA are still hungover and some of them wander out onto the pitch with a straw donkey under their arm or with a new tattoo they can't remember getting.

Indeed. We've got to just win whenever the opportunity arises. Let's hope WBA are still hungover and some of them wander out onto the pitch with a straw donkey under their arm or with a new tattoo they can't remember getting.

Yeah Sky banging on a bout what a sh1t week they have had. Need to absolutely pile into them from the start. However been saying that every game and never happens.