Transfer Deadline Day thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Giroud in a Chelsea shirt looks weird.

It's weird how much Conte wanted rid of Batshuayi when he kept scoring goals.

not really. He has looked pretty terrible this season, all be it he never gets a good run in the side. A few tap ins recently after teams mates did all the hard work doesn't get past the fact he struggled. Touch not good enough and not physical enough. When I went to see Forrest at Chelsea before Xmas he was a total non entity.

I'd fcking love to see some tap ins after teammates do the hard work.

Positioning and timing of runs is not a skill to take lightly.

he wouldn't have team mates creating taps in here.

He might be a decent player, but he really hasn't shown it this season. I can totally understand why he has been farmed out on loan.

I heard Sims - but surely that was dependant on us getting a wide player, can't see that happening now. Hesketh maybe.

Loaning out Sims at this stage would be *mental*. Hesketh, not so much, although I would prefer to see him near the first team (bench) on occasion.

I heard Sims - but surely that was dependant on us getting a wide player, can't see that happening now. Hesketh maybe.

Jake should def go out. I'd keep Sims in-house. Especially if Redmond's got the sulk on.

Ollie Cook to Barrow was mentioned

Saw that. Would hope for at least a club in the football league!

Anyone who liked the idea of Lamela...

Clutching at straws perhaps, but Leitch was the only person out of the 3 usual mouthpieces that has said we’re in for a quiet day today. The fact he hasn’t reinforced it here, and we’ve not heard the same from Blackmore / Wilson could maybe (maybe!) mean we’re working on something? It will have to be a rabbit out the hat moment though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an interesting discussion on this weeks James Richardson Totally Football podcast about super agents, and how clubs like Man U are aligned with specific agents, paying big agent fees, driving the big deals.

They talked about how Arsenal have been particularly poor in building these relationships and have missed out on major targets.

It's an interesting, as well as a depressing listen.

While we aren't shopping for the Pogba's of this world, with our lack of success on inbound transfers, it makes you wonder whether we are worse than our rivals at building these relationships with agents who manage the players we target...

There was an interesting discussion on this weeks James Richardson Totally Football podcast about super agents, and how clubs like Man U are aligned with specific agents, paying big agent fees, driving the big deals.

They talked about how Arsenal have been particularly poor in building these relationships and have missed out on major targets.

It's an interesting, as well as a depressing listen.

While we aren't shopping for the Pogba's of this world, with our lack of success on inbound transfers, it makes you wonder whether we are worse than our rivals at building these relationships with agents who manage the players we target...

Good. Listen to the piece by Billic on The Debate about how difficult it is when one Agent has 5 or 6 players in your squad. Frickin scourge of the earth.

ManU is one of the few clubs where player power isn't dominant.

Good. Listen to the piece by Billic on The Debate about how difficult it is when one Agent has 5 or 6 players in your squad. Frickin scourge of the earth.

ManU is one of the few clubs where player power isn't dominant.

Speaking of interesting football related pieces. There was one on Canal+ Sport yesterday which claimed some African players have suceeded in falsifying their age. So when you think they're really cracking players for 16 or 17 they're actually about 21 or 22.

Oh man, I would love to see him sat on our bench with Carrillo, Promes, Gabbiadini, Lemina and Boufal.

That would be amazing.

Best net spend AND the highest number of club record signings sat on the bench.

More important than points or league positions.

That particular shirt is having a paddy, having not secured the move it wanted during the window. Expect a club announcement stating it's not for sale, before a further announcement just before the summer window opens that we have agreed to sell it for a record fee.

With the money being reinvested in socks.

FFS!

Bloody typical, spend the money on Socks. When everyone knows what area of the kit we are Shorts in.

Victor???

Obafemi martins, taribo west, roger miller it's much harder these days as bone samples can be tested to prove ages and clubs are wise to that old trick!

Back on topic shocking transfer window if we don't get a last minute surprise then it must be the worst window since league one days!

Pretty shrewd for sight by Les Reed. He knows we are going back to the championship and wants to avoid us having an out of control wage bill.

Even Rupert put up an attampt to avoid the drop.

Pretty shrewd for sight by Les Reed. He knows we are going back to the championship and wants to avoid us having an out of control wage bill.

No.

He gets commission from every sale and he is retiring next season.

Pretty shrewd on that basis.

Obafemi martins, taribo west, roger miller it's much harder these days as bone samples can be tested to prove ages and clubs are wise to that old trick!

Back on topic shocking transfer window if we don't get a last minute surprise then it must be the worst window since league one days!

Who was that American "wonder kid"? Always thought he was dodgy.