Transfer Deadline Day thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

So its on or its off then........................

I guess some want to believe its off, some want to believe its on

and the rest of us will wait and see :smug:

Well so far we have sports journalists saying it's off versus and anonymous Web poster telling us it's on. You can't really blame people for trusting the words of journalists in that scenario- even if we end up signing him later.

If we get no one else in then I will turn from one of the most optimistic of supporters to one of the most annoyed, we're two points off the bottom, we've been in or close to relegation for most of the transfer window so the club knew we needed new faces.

Be a farce if nothing happens.

We needed one new face, but they chose to stick with him.

Swansea turned it round without signings. Everton turned it round without signings. Palace turned it round without signings. West Brom seem to have improved before theirs even play.

Huddersfield, Brighton, Burnley all continue to get the most out of their squads due to good management, without huge signings.

Saints stick with an embarrassment of a manager and fans just demand money is thrown at the problem.

Only because calls for the managers head have fallen on deaf ears. The only other thing the fans can call for is better players.

Schurrle would have been nice. Odd one not to go for, would get goals. Be annoying if he ends up at west ham, west brom etc.

But I've no idea how you sell a club to good players when you're 19th, have awful fixtures left and pellegrino as manager.

You give them a big bonus if we stay up and an easy way to leave if we go down...

So we're 6th highest spenders this window then (so far).

I guess that's not the point you were trying to make though.

Everyone knows that all previous transfers completed in a window are forgotten once they have occurred.

My Spuds supporting colleague is saying they are hearing from their side, Lemina for Lamela, straight swap.

Argentina connection in play again ?

Also heard this. But given the usual BS that surrounds Spuds i'm almost certain it isn't happening!

Better get in a loan winger in the meantime then...

What for ? We have wingers, they just need to play a bit more constantly. There is no guarantee that anyone we might turf up at this stage will be of any value to us. Look at a couple of blokes that Spurs signed a while back NKoudou...crap and that other bloke from Lyon who lasted about 5 minutes Clinton NGie or something or other. The PL is a very difficult league, fast pace, good defenders, hard midfielders etc and you have to be above average to be anywhere near good enough.

Excellent spin...

So you could have used exactly the same set of figures to show us

a) 6th in money spent this window.

b) 2nd in money received this window

but you chose

c) 20th in the net spend this window.

I think we all know which direction your "spin" spins

but you chose

I don't think you can really praise the club for getting money in given the lack of replacements!

but you chose

This argument makes you look a tad silly Wurzel! We are in the relegation zone, and therefore need to improve!!!! Why in gods name are we therefore bottom of the net spend table. Every single season, teams spend their way out of trouble.

So is there anything in the club tweeting a picture ahead of the game tonight with a space in the dressing room or am I desperately clutching at straws?

That particular shirt is having a paddy, having not secured the move it wanted during the window. Expect a club announcement stating it's not for sale, before a further announcement just before the summer window opens that we have agreed to sell it for a record fee.

With the money being reinvested in socks.