Rate our Transfer Window

Heisenberg

2/10 - pathetic.

Sold our best player, hinted through favoured Journalists at various targets and got nowhere near any of them.

Delusional leadership.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/28/southampton-keen-daniel-sturridge-ready-make-audacious-move/

"After selling Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool for £75 million on Wednesday, Southampton want to reinvest quickly and add quality to their squad, with the attacking positions and centre-back their two priorities.

A list of targets are being considered or actively worked upon and, with manager Mauricio Pellegrino desperate to add pace, power and goals to his team, one of the most intriguing names is Liverpool’s Sturridge."

End result: Sturridge went to a relegation rival and we didn'!t really address the other bits.

If we get relegated, the club deserve it. Shambolic management in various forms over the last 2 years.

Fed more bull**** from Les Reed and Ross Wilson.

5/10

We needed a striker and a CB. So Les has done half his job.

Promes no better than Tadic or Boufal- despite what the bedwetters say on here- so not end of the world he hasn't joined.

I think we'll stay up with the squad we have but only because there are worse teams in the division like Huddersfield, Newcastle and Watford.

Very poor window.....not convinced by Carillo who appears to be made of glass and is a clown Pellegrino signing. We need an injection of pace - not having had this since Mane was sold - and the recruitment team have done a very poor job of sourcing players who were realistic targets. The fabled 'black box' appears to have become a case of the Emperors New Clothes.

As others have said - right now we are not an attractive proposition for players to consider. A very real possibility of relegation and 4 wins all season will do that.......

You know them all? Meet them on match days? Support the team with them at SMS?

Or are you just spewing bile again?

I know a load of saints fans and was there when we were relegated before. Lots of talk and chest puffing but zero actions.

Tbh you pretty much sum up the average saints fan.

I know a load of saints fans and was there when we were relegated before. Lots of talk and chest puffing but zero actions.

Tbh you pretty much sum up the average saints fan.

Thank fu ck for that. So long as they are nothing like you.

It this one more of a cock up than last January?

The sale of Fonte, without a replacement..the last minute effort to loan a Swansea reserve..

Have we gone forwards or backwards since then?

#calmandconfident

#doourbusinessearly

Awful, considering this is what was fed to the press after VVD sale:

"The structure and timing of the transfer reflects Southampton’s desire to now make major signings of their own and they are committed to reinvesting the entire fee. They hope to add an attacking player next week and are also lining up other deals."

Awful, considering this is what was fed to the press after VVD sale:

"The structure and timing of the transfer reflects Southampton’s desire to now make major signings of their own and they are committed to reinvesting the entire fee. They hope to add an attacking player next week and are also lining up other deals."

Sits nicely with the "best midfield in the league" statement

This has to be he worst transfer window yet. We really needed at least a couple of good signings to lift the morale of everyone, we have a striker (with a goal record just marginally better than longs) and that`s it. No CD to replace VVD, no fast threat up front (we still have not replaced Mane FFS!) and no threat from midfield. Mind you with the current manager it doesn`t matter anyway as he would only play any decent player out of position or in an unsuitable formation. The real problem lies with the DOF and the Board, they are clueless. This transfer window could really signal the end of our premier status. SO a big fat 0/10

Remember when Everton won the last window with all those amazing signings to challenge for the top 4.

6 months on, trying to loan out Klassen and Sandro, and managed by Sam Allardyce saying he needs to make them more boring :lol:

Meanwhile we sit laughing at them second from last in the table.....lol @ Everton!

Maybe I am deluded (I guess I must be) but our squad isn't as bad as some seem to make it out to be. Sure the table doesn't lie, so that comes down to the manager then. There have been a few sparks to show that we are picking up of late, but are they enough, and is there enough time. I still think there is, obviously others don't.

Maybe I am deluded (I guess I must be) but our squad isn't as bad as some seem to make it out to be. Sure the table doesn't lie, so that comes down to the manager then. There have been a few sparks to show that we are picking up of late, but are they enough, and is there enough time. I still think there is, obviously others don't.

The squad isn't bad ..the manager is, but its not at optimum level we have no pace going forward - how many times on Saturday did we have 1 v 1 and not get by Tadic, Hojberg and Davis...JWP doesnt ever go past anyone. So in the whole world there is no-one apart from Promes we could sign?

There is not one centre-half we could get that is strong in the air?

Nearly every fan can see it yet here we are 31/01 with one forward...with no pace

2/10 - pathetic.

Sold our best player, hinted through favoured Journalists at various targets and got nowhere near any of them.

Delusional leadership.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/28/southampton-keen-daniel-sturridge-ready-make-audacious-move/

"After selling Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool for £75 million on Wednesday, Southampton want to reinvest quickly and add quality to their squad, with the attacking positions and centre-back their two priorities.

A list of targets are being considered or actively worked upon and, with manager Mauricio Pellegrino desperate to add pace, power and goals to his team, one of the most intriguing names is Liverpool’s Sturridge."

End result: Sturridge went to a relegation rival and we didn'!t really address the other bits.

If we get relegated, the club deserve it. Shambolic management in various forms over the last 2 years.

The board need to be held accountable for their shambolic actions

2/10.

I've just woken up after sleeping after a night shift and I'm not in the littlest bit surprised that we've had no incomings and the Promes deal is seemingly dead, leaving us scrabbling around for someone half decent who might actually want to join us. (Which will be nobody, if we do I'll name my first born after them!) Reed and Krueger et al will make out like it's a successful window because we broke our transfer record signing a striker to score the goals we've been missing all season, while bathing in a pile of cash they got for VVD.

Utter ****ing ****.

You can see for most of the season we've been heading for the drop, our manager is terrible, he doesn't know what our strongest team is, he's left talent on the bench for workhorses, makes subs too late, goes ultra defensive after going a goal up, and now it seems he's brought in a striker almost nobody thinks Is very good, and overlooked areas we really need strengthening in.

It's demoralising being a Saints fan right now, not just because we're in a relegation battle, but because we can all see WHY we're in a relegation battle without anything being done to correct it, whilst the board are seemingly blind to it. Pellegrino should have gone in December (or even November after losing to Burnley), a new manager should have been brought in, and players should have been signed to give that manager a chance of giving us survival.

We are going down, I don't think even a win tonight and against WBA will be enough judging our fixtures later in the season. It will not make pleasant viewing watching bigger teams pick and mix our better players. I really hope a miracle will happen and we stay up, but I can't see it.

The squad isn't bad ..the manager is, but its not at optimum level we have no pace going forward - how many times on Saturday did we have 1 v 1 and not get by Tadic, Hojberg and Davis...JWP doesnt ever go past anyone. So in the whole world there is no-one apart from Promes we could sign?

There is not one centre-half we could get that is strong in the air?

Nearly every fan can see it yet here we are 31/01 with one forward...with no pace

I suspect that is why Long is still here and picked quite frequently. Anyway, looking forward to seeing our record signing.

1/10 - the worst window since we were relegated to league 1. Milked the PR about Liverpool dancing to our tune when we sold VvD, but the only tune Les has been dancing to is the Benny Hill theme. We overpaid for a Monaco reserve but bizarrely couldn't fork out the VvD money for any actual quality and have missed out on every primary target leaked to the press. Think Les needs to be put out to pasture as he seems to lack the energy levels to deal with the pressure of a PL transfer window and can't manage more than one transaction a month. Hope that the rumours of retirement are true as think we need a younger more dynamic executive at the helm to drive the club forward. From owner to board to manager we seem to be affected by a weird malaise and sense of self - satisfied complacency. It was up to Les to shift that perception this window but he has failed big time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's been a stunning thing to watch unfold:

- Got the Virgil deal agreed before January started. Excellent business assuming we have irons in the fire already....

- Leak to the press how clever we were at demanding what we wanted and getting it without negotiation.

- Leak to the press how we will spend ALL of the money back into the squad. (All of it).

- Leak to the press some fancy names: Sturridge / Benteke / Cenk Tosun / Theo Walcott / Luke Shaw / Sessegnon / Alfie Mawson

- Wheel Ralph out. "Small club etc. Last season fabulous. MP is a nice man."

- Leak to the press how we will spend SOME of the money back into the squad. (SOME of it).

- Overpay for Carrillo (Might be good, might not be as good as Austin).

- Quincy Promes (Can't even be arsed to type all the sh*t that went on with that).

- Seemingly no back up options.

Utterly awful, clearly. And that's without even factoring in the lack of manager transfer.

There is a huge leadership vacuum at the club, it seems.

That's the key point here. Huge lack of purpose and direction at the top and no decisive action has been taken at all. Seemingly Gao having minimal influence and so I assume Reed et al have carte blanche to do what they like.

That's the key point here. Huge lack of purpose and direction at the top and no decisive action has been taken at all. Seemingly Gao having minimal influence and so I assume Reed et al have carte blanche to do what they like.

Everyone too busy selling the 'brand' as a premier league club whilst forgetting we've been a shower of sh*te this season.

It's been a stunning thing to watch unfold:

- Got the Virgil deal agreed before January started. Excellent business assuming we have irons in the fire already....

- Leak to the press how clever we were at demanding what we wanted and getting it without negotiation.

- Leak to the press how we will spend ALL of the money back into the squad. (All of it).

- Leak to the press some fancy names: Sturridge / Benteke / Cenk Tosun / Theo Walcott / Luke Shaw / Sessegnon / Alfie Mawson

- Wheel Ralph out. "Small club etc. Last season fabulous. MP is a nice man."

- Leak to the press how we will spend SOME of the money back into the squad. (SOME of it).

- Overpay for Carrillo (Might be good, might not be as good as Austin).

- Quincy Promes (Can't even be arsed to type all the sh*t that went on with that).

- Seemingly no back up options.

That's a decent summary :lol: :uhoh: :scared: