Rate our Transfer Window

Heisenberg

Appreciate the window hasn't "slammed shut" but given my confidence of the management im fairly confident it will be another cluster **** and disappointment.

If we do somehow deliver Promes id go with a cheeky 5/10.

Without you'd have to go 1/10 absolute disaster (again)

Tick tock Leslie

So much can happen in the last 12 hours that my rating would go from 0 to potentially 10.

As much as I admire your optimisim, I don't see a huge deal happening for us!

0.5-1 for me. Would go to a 5 if we signed Quincy, but we do still need a CB with power. We've basically sold our best CB for £75m and haven't replaced him.

We won't know the impact of a 'quiet' window until March/April time. So I'll wait until then rather than making an arbitrary "glad to have been proven wrong in hindsight" or "told you so" guess now. Call me old fashioned.

Edited by trousers

With a few hours to go, my assessment would be a 3/10. Positives were selling Van Dyk, keeping everyone else, and buying a striker that on paper fits the mould of a target man/finisher. Negatives were not having a Plan B for signing Promes and not replacing Van Dyk in the squad with a commanding CB.

As we stand now, I’d say 2/10.

We’ve sold our best player, who despite not wanting to be here is world-class, and we haven’t replaced him. I still think Hoedt was the Fonte replacement.

We have managed to fill a gap with Carrillo but we’ve put all our eggs in the Promes basket and have been left short again.

Second January window in succession the board’s naïvety and ignorance has made our squad weaker.

Reed simply has to go.

Personally i rate Stephens, always thought Hoedt was the Van Dijk replacement, so i'm pretty ok with no centre back additions.

up front. Hard to rate until we see Carrillo in action.

I've got a bad feeling he's going to be a highly expensive flop. So if he is & we don't address the pace issue at the top of the pitch a 0.

Personally i rate Stephens, always thought Hoedt was the Van Dijk replacement, so i'm pretty ok with no centre back additions.

I've got a bad feeling he's going to be a highly expensive flop. So if he is & we don't address the pace issue at the top of the pitch a 0.

you watch Stephens (if he plays) get bullied in their air tonight

He's a good ball playing CB, but needs strength and power alongside him. He is bullied by powerful strikers because he lacks the strength and phyisical attributes. No one is saying he's a bad player, but the problem is we have CB's all in the same mould.

1/10. Carillo is our single transfer in, and hes a totally unknown quantity.

4/10 if Promes comes. Finally compensating for the awful Mane....er.....Redmond.

8/10 if a CB suddenly pops up.

Imagine if we sign Promes, a CB, a GK and we win tonight. 10/10?

He's a good ball playing CB, but needs strength and power alongside him. He is bullied by powerful strikers because he lacks the strength and phyisical attributes. No one is saying he's a bad player, but the problem is we have CB's all in the same mould.

I would say Hoedt is very different in mould and i'm much happier with Stephens/Hoedt pairing than Stephens/Yoshida one.

Appreciate the window hasn't "slammed shut" but given my confidence of the management im fairly confident it will be another cluster **** and disappointment.

If we do somehow deliver Promes id go with a cheeky 5/10.

Without you'd have to go 1/10 absolute disaster (again)

Tick tock Leslie

I'm still waiting Heisenberg...

giphy.gif

27 days and counting! 7 days since you claimed the payment went in!

Did you photoshop this image and spell Matthew incorrectly?

Mods should be doing the honours soon buddy. Welcome to team Heisenberg. c669004f62c201be5e967f7ad665c716.jpg

I'm still waiting Heisenberg...

giphy.gif

27 days and counting! 7 days since you claimed the payment went in!

Did you photoshop this image and spell Matthew incorrectly?

Save your posts and appeal on here. Seems SWF are into taking people's money.....

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?58807-Paid-full-membership-subs-totally-ignored#.WnHTZnOnzqA

Just seen a long black vehicle going into staplewood.

The driver was all suited and booted and had a couple of passengers who looked very smartly dressed.

If only this was happening in the days where everyone had a camera on their phone which enabled them to take quick snapshots for posting on internet football forums... ;)

2/10 - pathetic.

Sold our best player, hinted through favoured Journalists at various targets and got nowhere near any of them.

Delusional leadership.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/28/southampton-keen-daniel-sturridge-ready-make-audacious-move/

"After selling Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool for £75 million on Wednesday, Southampton want to reinvest quickly and add quality to their squad, with the attacking positions and centre-back their two priorities.

A list of targets are being considered or actively worked upon and, with manager Mauricio Pellegrino desperate to add pace, power and goals to his team, one of the most intriguing names is Liverpool’s Sturridge."

End result: Sturridge went to a relegation rival and we didn'!t really address the other bits.

If we get relegated, the club deserve it. Shambolic management in various forms over the last 2 years.