Relegation Chances

Saint86

Looks like our name is written on the wooden spoon. Every ****ty team down there is getting results (and some of them against the big boys) meanwhile we can't even score against Stoke.

We are not good enough to achieve a big scalp anymore because we set the team up to play causesly.

MoPe and the squad should be forced to watch the full matches of Swansea vs Arsenal, Brighton vs Arsenal, Newcastle vs Man U and Palace vs Man U. After that they should watch one of our tepid encounters (many to choose from) and just ****ing see what a bit of attacking intent and guts will do vs cagey negative plodding.

I often watch the 5:30p[m game after suffering through the 3pm Saints game and it's as if they've speeded up the playback or something. Other games look like a Benny hill chase compared to ours.

People are clearly watching this and taking note of the attacking intent & set up of the palace side. I hope they’re also noting the atmosphere & support the team are getting from the Palace fans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chicken and egg pal. And not a pony in sight.

The intensity of the palace team is impressive. They seem to want it and have made Man U look average!

I am starting to get very concerned.

Starting? It's been obvious since before November that keeping the clown would lead to our relegation.

The intensity of the palace team is impressive. They seem to want it and have made Man U look average!

I am starting to get very concerned.

This is the reason we will go down. We have no intensity whatsoever. Even with crap tactics it would be great to see the players busting a gut (like Hojbjerg does every game) to take the game by the scruff of the neck. But I think we lack leaders who can inspire a performance on the pitch too.

People are clearly watching this and taking note of the attacking intent & set up of the palace side. I hope they’re also noting the atmosphere & support the team are getting from the Palace fans.

I was waiting for someone to mention the fans. They are loud because they have something to cheer about

Ah, it’s the fans fault.

I was waiting for someone to mention the fans. They are loud because they have something to cheer about

Exactly, hard to get excited about the tepid backwards, sideways cr*p we served up in the first half on Saturday. The fans will respond if the players give us something to get behind. When we were putting Stoke under pressure in the second half the fans were good and loud but to expect raucous support for slow, backwards football is a bit much. Palace fans are responding to their team putting in a huge shift, our lads haven't done that for far far too long unfortunately.

This is the reason we will go down. We have no intensity whatsoever. Even with crap tactics it would be great to see the players busting a gut (like Hojbjerg does every game) to take the game by the scruff of the neck. But I think we lack leaders who can inspire a performance on the pitch too.

60bd9f37050574f6032127339bd9fce9.jpg

Palace have some really kind fixtures to come. Win this and they will be fine.

The pool of teams who realistically might go down is shortening.

I think its between the current bottom 3, Newcastle and Hudds but if they beat us then Newcastle will be fine.

Not looking good and won't be 7/2 after tonight.

Knew palace would win tonight. Knew brighton would (put bet on that one). Looking very bad for us now. Those clubs playing games as teams are benefiting. Those with no guts other inspiring managers are not. We will get what we deserve

I'm guessing that was a joke right?

Or are you being serious and you roar the team on as we have a corner and pass it all the way back to our keeper?

Like I say I think you were joking.

And as I've already pointed out to you... Newcastle have the 18th worst home record this season in the Premier League! :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

So Newcastle's home atmosphere isn't helping them get home points from a significant sample of 14 out of 19 home games!

Wouldn't that make it third best then?

It's so frustrating when you see that Newcastle, Huddersfield, West Ham, Swansea, Palace, Bournemouth have all managed a win against a 'big' team this year.

We can't even do that. Sod the plucky draws against Utd away or Spurs/Arsenal at home, those should have been wins.

Will we do Chelsea at home? No, because we'll be more worried about them and that will be the game done. Teams have beaten the 'big boys' this year by showing no fear and playing on the front foot. Where on earth has this conservative/fear of losing approach got us? Adrift in 18th place. Surely that answers the question in terms of the approach and if it's actually working.

Someone wake this club the **** up.

You are sometimes deliberately provocative just for the sake of it. At the game on Saturday the fans started off right behind the team but after 20 mins of mind numbing passionless football they understandably lost the will to live. 4 wins at home in the League in 13 months and you are still blaming the fans.

It's so frustrating when you see that Newcastle, Huddersfield, West Ham, Swansea, Palace, Bournemouth have all managed a win against a 'big' team this year.

We can't even do that. Sod the plucky draws against Utd away or Spurs/Arsenal at home, those should have been wins.

Will we do Chelsea at home? No, because we'll be more worried about them and that will be the game done. Teams have beaten the 'big boys' this year by showing no fear and playing on the front foot. Where on earth has this conservative/fear of losing approach got us? Adrift in 18th place. Surely that answers the question in terms of the approach and if it's actually working.

Someone wake this club the **** up.

A reminder, we haven't beaten a top six side since Spurs away 2016

You are sometimes deliberately provocative just for the sake of it. At the game on Saturday the fans started off right behind the team but after 20 mins of mind numbing passionless football they understandably lost the will to live. 4 wins at home in the League in 13 months and you are still blaming the fans.

They lost their first seven games, without scoring a goal and I doubt they just sat their waiting to be entertained.

The way I look at it, we have 3 home games left. Should we

A) Get behind the side as Palace fans have tonight

Or

B) Wait until we’re served up decent football and then get behind the team.

Which do you think will help the cause more, A or B?

They lost their first seven games, without scoring a goal and I doubt they just sat their waiting to be entertained.

Or

were you at the game Saturday? The fans are not the problem

Or

Neither will make the slightest bit of difference I doubt - awful football will be served up irrespective by this fraud of a manager.

Seriously Duckhunter, why are the fans the problem? I was there on Saturday and the 2nd half the atmosphere was decent, it's never been what I'd call a toxic atmosphere. I'd say it's been more of a ''WTF'' atmosphere as we seem to be blindly walking into oblivion.

I think as fans who go to home games we need to be given a bloody trophy. It has been almost 2 seasons at home of complete and utter bilge. That's thousands of pounds of our hard earned money to watch very, very, very little entertainment over 35 home games. As of now, we have won just 9 out of 35 home games over 2 seasons, and I'd only really count 3 games that have been nice entertaining games out of those. I mean, seriously come on, the fact we still get 29k+ is a miracle in itself.