WBA Build Up

ALWAYS_SFC

McCarthy

Pied Cedric Stephens Yoshida Hoedt Bertrand Mcqueen

Davis Romeu

JWP

Reckon we'll go with this, although JWP may not be conservative enough as he does like to put the ball in the box which could result in us losing possession, and nobody wants that!

McCarthy

Davis Romeu

JWP

Reckon we'll go with this, although JWP may not be conservative enough as he does like to put the ball in the box which could result in us losing possession, and nobody wants that!

Good lad.

That will be pretty close to what we will go for, except I think (not want) Romeu will come in instead of PEH

I think it could be a pretty good front 4. If Guido really is decent with his head, then Bertrand, Tadic, and JWP could deliver some crosses that could cause problems. And if Pardew sets up lumps to deal with the Ariel threat, then Boufal could have a field day if he's played in the hole.

So expect a three men defensive midfield and Boufal on the left lol.

McCarthy

Davis Romeu

JWP

But you've got JWP playing as a lone striker. He's hardly going to be pinging balls in to himself now is he. No, he'll receive the ball with his back to goal and pass it straight back to the centre circle for the whole game.

I think it could be a pretty good front 4. If Guido really is decent with his head, then Bertrand, Tadic, and JWP could deliver some crosses that could cause problems. And if Pardew sets up lumps to deal with the Ariel threat, then Boufal could have a field day if he's played in the hole.

So expect a three men defensive midfield and Boufal on the left lol.

We need some Bold selections. Don't want to see anything airy-Fairy out on the pitch.

McCarthy

Cedric Hoedt Stephens Bertie

Lemina Hojberg

JWP Boufal Tadic

Guido

Don't put Bouf in the middle, he links up beautifully with Bertrand on the left.

Personally I'd not even include Tadic in the squad, I'm sick of seeing him sat on the floor slamming both his hands down like a child having a tantrum.

But you've got JWP playing as a lone striker. He's hardly going to be pinging balls in to himself now is he. No, he'll receive the ball with his back to goal and pass it straight back to the centre circle for the whole game.

Well yeah duh, hence why Pellegrino will play him there. Minimise the risk of him being tempted to do anything reckless like playing a ball that doesn't have a 100% chance of reaching a teammate. We can't afford to carry luxury players like JWP who try and attack, it's too risky in our current predicament.

Another one of these "if we win and take 4 pts from those 2 games....blah blah blah".

We won't win. We'll want to believe it, get all nervous and then slowly bit by bit, as we see the team sheet, "hmm not a line up I'd have played, maybe they'll be alright..." to "jesus this is turgid, have we had a shot yet?" to "get player x, y, or z on!!!" to "finally player x is on" to "you took WHO off? ****!" to "come on attack, why so slow, shooooot" to "5 mins plus stoppage time left, maybe we can nick it!" to "**** off".

MP just said we had to allow clubs to bring in replacements before we could buy their players. also, that having a go at the manager, the players and the board is no good.

WTF!

I'm sure the part about teams getting replacements is twisted in his use of English. but why does that not work for us when we ship out our star players?

he also says that just changing the manager or a player does not change the "context of the club" or something

also, the team will have to adjust to accommodate Carrillo.

He believes everything can change in the next few weeks and we can get out of it

lastly, he said WBA have improved under pardew. MP hope to treat every game as a cup final and leave no regrets. we are focused for the game and Saturday and we grow

he really does not believe the tripe he comes out with, does he?!

Edited by Batman

This is the thing, we have the manager, the players and probably the club behind the scenes with this attitude. ''Oh well, we've still got plenty of time left. Everything can change in a few weeks!" - yeah, it can, if you don't have the same person making the same ****ing mistakes every.flaming.week.

If he mentions that we're 'growing' one more time I will scream.

Looking at the table reinforces what a chance we missed last night. We could have been 14th above four teams who all have tough games this weekend.

With our spirits up from a win, and a game against the bottom club to come, things would have felt very different.

But we are just brilliant at doing disappointment this season.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Do any of the journos in these pressers actually try to put him on the spot ?

Was he asked why we had 70m of talent and 4 of our best players sat on the bench last night ?

Because hardly anyone goes to our pressers and the ones that do are just fed questions.

Feels just like 2005. Each game a new level of disappointment, finding a way to **** away points. Get over it, look to the next one, same ****. Look at the remaining fixtures, get some hope, Saints destroy that hope. Then it's a case of looking at the table, looking at other teams, realizing that each week we drift away, slowly dying, a death by 38 **** ups...

------------------------ McCarthy -----------------------

-------- Stephens ----- Yoshida ----- Hoedt -----------

Cedric ----------------------------------------- Bertrand

------------------ Lemina ----- Hojbjerg ----------------

------- Tadic ------------------------------ Boufal -------

------------------------- Carrillo -------------------------

subs: Forster, Pied, Romeu, JWP, Sims, Gabbi, Long

------------------------ McCarthy -----------------------

-------- Stephens ----- Yoshida ----- Hoedt -----------

Cedric ----------------------------------------- Bertrand

------------------ Lemina ----- Hojbjerg ----------------

------- Tadic ------------------------------ Boufal -------

------------------------- Carrillo -------------------------

subs: Forster, Pied, Romeu, JWP, Sims, Gabbi, Long

Probably this. If we play 2 CBs, then JWP for Yoshida. Tough on Romeu, but unless there's something wrong with Lemina, have to give him a start.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'd like 2 up front :lol: maybe Guido and Long but we all know he'll stick 1 up front (no goals Long) and go balls out for the goalless draw.

West Brom will smell our capitulation and come at us, they'll huff and puff and eventually score.

He'll put on a 2nd striker with 2 minutes to go and claim we won the possession stats and are showing continual improvement.

He's pathologically wedded to defence, literally cannot envisage actually going for another team's throat.

Oh, and he won't be removed.

All aboard the kamikaze express, choo choo......:spaz:

Have started a separate thread but will post here as well.

HELP - Need someone to pick up my tickets from SMS

I have just bought tickets for me and my son for the game this weekend, not realizing that they have to picked up from SMS ticket office...!!

I assumed (wrongly) that they could be produced at the Hawthorns.

I should point out that I live in Shropshire and it's a 7 - 8 hour round trip for me to SMS. Therefore I urgently need somebody who can pick them up for me from the ticket office and meet me at the ground.

I know this is very short notice, but if anybody can help, I would be eternally grateful, please PM me if you can assist.

I'd like 2 up front [emoji38] maybe Guido and Long but we all know he'll stick 1 up front (no goals Long) and go balls out for the goalless draw.

West Brom will smell our capitulation and come at us, they'll huff and puff and eventually score.

He'll put on a 2nd striker with 2 minutes to go and claim we won the possession stats and are showing continual improvement.

He's pathologically wedded to defence, literally cannot envisage actually going for another team's throat.

Oh, and he won't be removed.

All aboard the kamikaze express, choo choo......:spaz:

Yup. He has no concept of all-out English football.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Will take anything but a loss on Saturday which will see us out of the Bottom 3.

Huddersfield have Man Utd away so wont get anything, Newcastle don't play until Sunday so we'd leap frog them both out the bottom three regardless of Swanseas result at Leicester.

Best we can hope for.

West Brom look lively though so can see us beaten 2/3-0

MP just said we had to allow clubs to bring in replacements before we could buy their players

That works both ways right?

VVD - no replacement

Fonte - no replacement

Mane - no replacement

Pelle - no replacement

Blimey we really do get walked over as I can’t remember the last time we held a club to ransom regarding us getting a replacement first.

Have started a separate thread but will post here as well.

HELP - Need someone to pick up my tickets from SMS

I have just bought tickets for me and my son for the game this weekend, not realizing that they have to picked up from SMS ticket office...!!

I assumed (wrongly) that they could be produced at the Hawthorns.

I should point out that I live in Shropshire and it's a 7 - 8 hour round trip for me to SMS. Therefore I urgently need somebody who can pick them up for me from the ticket office and meet me at the ground.

I know this is very short notice, but if anybody can help, I would be eternally grateful, please PM me if you can assist.

Surely they can arrange for duplicates to be picked up at the Hawthorns using ID as authorisation?!?!

That works both ways right?

VVD - no replacement

Fonte - no replacement

Mane - no replacement

Pelle - no replacement

Blimey we really do get walked over as I can’t remember the last time we held a club to ransom regarding us getting a replacement first.

Boufal, Austin. If they were banging them in, nobody would talking about Pelle and Mané.

You're right on the other two though. How we've gone from a European champion to Jack Stephens being a regular starter I'll never know.