WBA Build Up

ALWAYS_SFC

If MoPe doesn't want to play Lemina go for

.................McCarthy

Cedric. Stephens. Hoedt. Bertrand

....................Romeu..................

............JWP.........Höjbjerg..........

Long............Boufal............Tadic

.....................Guido...................

Think i will throw up if Davis plays. If Gabbiadini's fit he will take Longs place.

What is the point of suggesting our lineups? The Clown will play his own chaotic negative way, destroying the confidence of good players and plunging us closer and closer to the abyss that is the Championship. I have not felt so apathetic since the days of Branfoot.

^ this

If MoPe doesn't want to play Lemina go for

.................McCarthy

Cedric. Stephens. Hoedt. Bertrand

....................Romeu..................

............JWP.........Höjbjerg..........

Long............Boufal............Tadic

.....................Guido...................

Think i will throw up if Davis plays. If Gabbiadini's fit he will take Longs place.

playing 12 might just be the answer

From The Guardian:

"There is a time and place for stability and Southampton right now is not it. Saints are the only club in the bottom half, apart from the promoted trio, who have not changed their manager since the start of the season and nor have they altered much else despite their chronic dreariness. Mauricio Pellegrino has persisted with pretty much the same blunt tactics and the club did little to improve his squad during the transfer window. In fairness, their only new signing, Guido Carrillo, might just give Southampton the forward fulcrum that they have lacked since the departure of Graziano Pellè in 2016. For too long Southampton’s attack has lacked variety and sharpness. If Pellegrino figures out how to address those failings at last and can also inspire more moxie from his team, then they may begin their climb towards safety by winning at West Brom on Saturday. But Alan Pardew’s side, for whom Daniel Sturridge could make his first start, look the more likely victors. They could push Southampton to the bottom and Pellegrino towards the exit. PD"

A pretty fair assessment.

1. Carrillo has to start

2. Because of 1, Tadic has to start

3. Because of 1 and 2 there has to be a player with a vague amount of pace on the other side (return for Redmond perhaps?)

I have no issue with JWP on the right. He's been our best player for over a month and he has the delivery that a striker with the right instincts will feast on. The issue is that the supporting midfielder from the middle three needs to add an extra body in the box for the crosses so the striker isn't marked by three people when the ball comes in. If its one of our attacking midfielders (Boufal) then we need two very mobile players behind him to cover the ground - any two from Lemina, Romeu or Hojbjerg. Davis is well out of form and needs to be dropped so the above is doable if we want to go for it a bit.

James, I rarely find reason to disagree with you but JWP still has all the flaws that he has always had. Cannot tackle, cannot head and never does anything adventurous only ever passing sideways or backwards to a maximum of 10 yards. Sorry, I don't rate him as a starter and the now well past its 'sell by date' trademark dead ball speciality rarely produces anything of note. At best he is an energetic well intentioned clubman. He is no more worth his place than the much maligned and unfairly so Steven Davis.

My heart sinks when these name are announced as starters these days.

I have been to many away games this season and am off to wba Saturday and really regret buying the ticket now, just so frustrated with the boring and torrid tactics on offer.It saddens me to feel this way but feel the heart and sole has been ripped apart by mismanagement,I really don't mind losing if it's done with passion sadly currently not evident .

Surely at some point the fans need to start chanting against Pellegrino. At the moment we’re just going through the motions. I appreciate some see it as counter productive during the game but if it’s not going our way tomorrow it’s about time everyone in the away end started making it clear, and not through jeering misplaced passes.

Surely at some point the fans need to start chanting against Pellegrino. At the moment we’re just going through the motions. I appreciate some see it as counter productive during the game but if it’s not going our way tomorrow it’s about time everyone in the away end started making it clear, and not through jeering misplaced passes.
It will happen there just needs to be a point where we have no hope of recovery in a game. If the spurs away or Leicester home results had happened in the past two weeks for example then we would have seen it. Unfortunately during our latest run results haven't been quite terrible enough to prompt more decisive action.

Tadic must play on the left if he starts. Agree that Carrillo should and probably will start. Thought JWP was excellent against Brighton so would have him on the right but our attack would be extremely slow.

Definitely. I found it really bizarre that he took Tadic off at half time on Wednesday.

I don't think many people would disagree with this lineup. You can bet your granny that MP won't pick it to start though.
Absolutely paceless lineup though. Thats the problem.

Redmond or Long might neither be excellent but I think one has to play otherwise there is zero threat in behind.

Perhaps he’ll consider playing Carillo in the lone striker position with Long playing on one of the wings. Sims is the only other decent option for pace.

Merrington was doing his nut in during the Brighton game that Long went out wide 2nd half instead of partnering Carrillo & getting close to him.

Despite how ****e we have been this year, we are somehow still in with a shot of staying up (ooh, the height of our ambitions - champions league anyone?)

Given 6 of our next 7 league games are West Brom, Burnley, Stoke, Swansea, Newcastle and West Ham, we will surely know our fate by then. Time to turn those draws into wins. Win 3 or 4 of those, life looks a lot better.

For that, get a new manager in who will give the players the confidence that they need. This muppet seems to have sucked the confidence out of all of them. Watching Shane Long cross across the 6 yard box to no-one, when he was free 8 yards out last week, was almost painful. But this is a confidence sport. Win this, by hook or by crook, and we will get out of this hole that we have dug ourselves into.

Despite how ****e we have been this year, we are somehow still in with a shot of staying up (ooh, the height of our ambitions - champions league anyone?)

Given 6 of our next 7 league games are West Brom, Burnley, Stoke, Swansea, Newcastle and West Ham, we will surely know our fate by then. Time to turn those draws into wins. Win 3 or 4 of those, life looks a lot better.

For that, get a new manager in who will give the players the confidence that they need. This muppet seems to have sucked the confidence out of all of them. Watching Shane Long cross across the 6 yard box to no-one, when he was free 8 yards out last week, was almost painful. But this is a confidence sport. Win this, by hook or by crook, and we will get out of this hole that we have dug ourselves into.

Wish I had your confidence but to me, nothing we have done suggests that we will somehow come good against those you mention. We've shown no improvement at all, for the whole season.

So far we've blamed Black. He's gone, nothing changed,

Then it was VVD. Gone, nothing changed.

Fraser. On bench, McC in, nothing changed.

Redmond. Not even in squad, nothing changed.

Next up? Pellegrino? Will his departure change anything or is it something else that has left this black cloud over the club?

Les?

Just musing here, I want MoPe gone, but what if he goes and we are still ****?

Next up? Pellegrino? Will his departure change anything or is it something else that has left this black cloud over the club?

Les?

Some things have changed. I'm no longer terrified whenever the opposition put in a tame shot from outside the area. We're actually unbeaten in five, conceding only four goals.

Yes, sure, it should still be way better. It's just as frustrating as hell that we've got the players to do the job, but a manager who's doing nothing to help.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Les?

Then at least we’ve tried to change it.