Resident ITK’s

Raging Bull

Told anything other than a win on Saturday and he’s gone.

Apparently he was summoned to the board meeting and told.

Just giving what I’ve been told.

I genuinely hope you’re right but what worries me is that the club probably haven’t got anyone lined up if this happens (judging by our transfer dealings), and even if we have is it too late already?

I agree. You can't keep or sack a manager on the basis of one game at a time.

I'm pretty sure they know he's gotta go,but when is the tricky bit. Are we better off with no manager right now? Could Davis step up? Who could come in? All has to be considered I suppose. If we get someone in would it be the person we want long term, if not how do we get rid of them.

We are perilously close to the time when it won't make any difference though. Our only saving grace is that we are not adrift. A win or two and the pressure is on someone else.

I do wonder why a win would signal any sort of tactical shift in the boardroom either way. If they've got to the stage where they say win the next game or you're sacked then really they just have to bite the bullet and go for it. What if we beat West brom but then lost the next three? Either it's massive indecision and lack of leadership at the top or it's a dogged determination not to look like all those inferior clubs that go around sacking managers in the middle of the season. Probably a bit from both columns.

Would be totally pointless to say "win the next or you're out"

You either have faith in the manager or you don't - sounds completely amateurish and although my opinion of the board is very low, i think even this is below there stupidity.

Yep - very weak leadership.

"Oh, you lost, sorry - we gave you a chance. You lost, so now we have to let you go" = slopey-shoulder, it wasn't my decision, it was you not winning at WBA.

Vs.

"You've had long enough, the results are **** and that is down to you. Thanks for your efforts. I have decided it's time for you to move on. Clear your desk." = I make decisions.

Surely the board don't have to look any further than, "we sacked Puel cause he was apparently boring and not entertaining the fans. So we appointed Pellegrino apparently for his attacking easy on the eye football, but turns out he has no idea of what attacking football is. How many games have we scored more than 1 goal???" Doesn't play our most attacking players, and defends once we have scored 1 goal"

Sack

Regardless of what happens tomorrow I think I would actually keep him until the Liverpool game and then sack him regardless.

All in all we've done alright against the top 6 (probably because we are so defensive) and it would give us enough time to sort out and get in a replacement of the quality we would want. A bit like Adkins / Poch where it was announced at the same time.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow I think I would actually keep him until the Liverpool game and then sack him regardless.

All in all we've done alright against the top 6 (probably because we are so defensive) and it would give us enough time to sort out and get in a replacement of the quality we would want. A bit like Adkins / Poch where it was announced at the same time.

OK but effectively he will have been sacked after tomorrow if that were the case it just wouldn't have been announced until we can get someone else in. I'd like to think we coukd be a bit quicker than that and I wouldn't want to keep him longer than is absolutely necessary but who knows what the club will end up doing, it's hard to predict nowadays.

Ideal scenario now is a draw tomorrow- because they won't sack him otherwise- followed by an immediate sacking and replacement with any of the names banded about. Put a little run together and survive and then sack the lot of them in the summer.

The ideal scenario is to win tomorrow and win as many games as possible afterwards, to get as many points as early as possible, to remain in the Premier League, as there are no guarantees of points in any game. If we're winning, who gives a **** who the manager is? If we're not winning and that doesn't appear to change, sack them and replace them, but don't hope to not pick up the points we desperately need, at a stage in the season where the opportunities to win points are running out.

The ideal scenario is to win tomorrow and win as many games as possible afterwards, to get as many points as early as possible, to remain in the Premier League, as there are no guarantees of points in any game. If we're winning, who gives a **** who the manager is? If we're not winning and that doesn't appear to change, sack them and replace them, but don't hope to not pick up the points we desperately need, at a stage in the season where the opportunities to win points are running out.
Yawn. You knew exactly what I meant.

Told anything other than a win on Saturday and he’s gone.

Apparently he was summoned to the board meeting and told.

Just giving what I’ve been told.

Sorry mate, I don’t buy this. Not saying you’re bull****ting because you were on the money regarding VvD, but your source could be or his source etc. Etc.

I don’t believe for one minute a manager is summoned to the meeting and told he’s got to win Sat or he’s out. I believe the board could have decided this in his absence and I also believe he could have been invited to discuss his performances. I just don’t believe they spell it out to him in such harsh terms as it could be counter productive. They may have Hughes or Silva or somebody lined up, but not wanting/able to start till the cup week. It may suit the club to keep things on an even keel for a few days. Him knowing he’s gone on Saturday at 5pm because we’ve lost, helps nobody. He clearly knows deep down a defeat Sat and he’s probably toast, I just don’t buy that he’s been summoned to the board meeting and told. I don’t think it works like that even in the mad world of football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We’re not winning, and it does not appear to be changing. The manager has not won once in 12 PL games. It seems incredibly, naively optimistic to expect him to win four or five of the next 13 PL games.

Sorry mate, I don’t buy this. Not saying you’re bull****ting because you were on the money regarding VvD, but your source could be or his source etc. Etc.

I don’t believe for one minute a manager is summoned to the meeting and told he’s got to win Sat or he’s out. I believe the board could have decided this in his absence and I also believe he could have been invited to discuss his performances. I just don’t believe they spell it out to him in such harsh terms as it could be counter productive. They may have Hughes or Silva or somebody lined up, but not wanting/able to start till the cup week. It may suit the club to keep things on an even keel for a few days. Him knowing he’s gone on Saturday at 5pm because we’ve lost, helps nobody. He clearly knows deep down a defeat Sat and he’s probably toast, I just don’t buy that he’s been summoned to the board meeting and told. I don’t think it works like that even in the mad world of football.

Don't forget a couple of weeks ago the mirror was peddling that he had to get 4 points from Brighton and WBA, if he doesn't win Saturday then he won't have reached the target. Just hope the other part of the story aint true about Hughes coming in.

Don't forget a couple of weeks ago the mirror was peddling that he had to get 4 points from Brighton and WBA, if he doesn't win Saturday then he won't have reached the target. Just hope the other part of the story aint true about Hughes coming in.

Hughes is far better than the clown we have at the moment.

we will not win.

we rarely trouble the ****-test teams and no longer able to keep them out

it is like 1 point is as good as it gets

Sorry mate, I don’t buy this. Not saying you’re bull****ting because you were on the money regarding VvD

Sort of.... although I wonder what happened between Christmas Eve and St Stephen's Day...?

Own10rVAaHxbRQkyFsq9yVtGv0Lf9_90gVJcj3gVhyBTnWntSaDc7S1F6BkkGQPkYbo6aF-I5iHJOndORR6TPCf_ir_SAhcW5BCx0jXWbQSd9ySWbogbGWrRomYnMDdQ6H_ndakQ1cz0EkBiXFHN--Cof9Rsv80a7c4XNQ025PstSe4hRxN0gTLVdAAOFE8uXCjr9FokrJJPoXR5fgZX6KZrYPgSG9bqy4-SV7wbRMDTbcUrxT6h-HnkgWX7UrGRClAVU2V1nek46D8aZUWW1r5VPvFzGO31eLgVKF0cNqxC1d2hEYFhqpRBlIHyqbItGaDg8EHc2AwbpqnbNuS3R1J2HN2xUABYBB4UI6Beo05az0dXwZWk67i6C3AMklraYCzWSa0gQOjLWyn3b972OZ2X84IhmGl8nNPkLQx5GtoXc2aMjHhlwmHnLywiIGXhpiEurA07QQhRsMOTe56MGv9NClQp6RHtRxGyJDCATbWEycHYr0_okOpRnsh25nmHHesuZNeTwA3k3y4M_m6pDeES9P-6-Rzxr1GZKRYSoOYvRFK0ry57I5CR8VWHAUCqCykrswSBtxSF-6Ad0wdpdYSwRvJ-OpM5iqU_IdQA=w708-h183-no

s9s7NrQFurCl1r0hS3ezTwaQl65ElNF5csctiJEqWEgaiMoIGr-FVXsqPztQP514CdSrzOpINwImTUtao180-ArrQ7cHITbBSEWmFfG6DJpVWv_7DiiHSOrxRY1GeBVQNVEE2U1vW09PDTDYRVLtyUmbgHO3AmPs2xZIkmPOP-28P4wgtpyhZsJOFHs6ASeDmBY3sTHJ44Fm6-I6nhWbjDKGLQfPaHeVNjh8s_4B0YPOOjkc2H3IQCUF1hMBIkwiCaKevd4iH1149WcYASao5Iltyq89SIGn692yj4_OPEixYeaCyW1fFvi5I7M0wmLK_HKJxJecVQvRMi_P2ace-8rOT1TKS6eWNT7tqqCkBUc1FU_mrZIxJ7IMXreOeN-n4Ql1IbUtFCm6j_JVFVjXb-6jsjmrJ9p0ifXg6A1oVhFgF6QK2RFj0pne9q3SUhfWPscGA48FVHituScEze27O9J85jRjJO6cmht-R69sM6izpTKi00GlH72ggrZ4KJjB7ucubF6OqJPAZOuNPTpJXCQmrnLSXvm7n3uZp1JrYFghh7jWNRyxgsoYsdvdB8U0ey2JsA3JZkNwo26r4m3-u3bHOdfnDeuk_-q3ibfI=w693-h184-no

-QBhmZI47sq3Rkp58wqPkbUCeEWsncrEDu15IzT4l7VL5yYKG7ddQuy0UREX5hIGbpGXZ9utQga3Dt64QQy_15aBdwcQ_WIfmhb174q2lJzYk45Y7GOlZ2KslpQDWJQ1T_c1aiJlBGbhGp-ABHLG4y-PUU22TT8g5gdFzfmCT6IDcqcLaixaOdle2O0_NAK6Jcd3R4spXLruR682laaR9S-UlgxdoQIYPp-dRsS8Ac9j9sLe3C-rZFmHSRB2K8VcfQuBq9d98_rGIA_ibOrkGdf_qeKuYndc_tdPXsKhmPOZqMk7yuNhZIrMHcnJuduAQziTnQQi-ys94NcP8DJmGO5rKVDnQv7Kcg9W7zVWhuiol5Am9LqzAUVnqTiovAnzePNwcGaXxJfMTwwEODGk9B41znxgPNo0GdLdZYqVrkXnePNANk7aRpB90IkAH91TJIdkLgt6Qyo63DUOYhMm9mZjCkyaGn0uvo4A-H0wAUIigt-2EVfOGcBH1vRFZJZ9eB8vEaI38nl5Spv6s5nyAOLV57tA1VZm6-Hjj6gBTJYoJAeiYnL1bxFoH6H5ZKdQRO7vQA2dx_L5l_32p4ZkhUJ9mDj65Rf2ReyV9YrZ=w579-h177-no

There were also plenty of news articles on the 24th December saying that VvD was Liverpool bound....

QsXEvw1YO-wmt0toFXbuEfoYwzU4alpXqxxitT3KF1Z5hcr2TcmDGU8DBrjUNd4LguwOMHVHVcre2HSdllOZi8VyQEmdEY99eipM7u4WfexxpFvndNx515PQE6sJRpnzfF5Mb3AD-yVKaSZ5yMfNLhXc4DI05_XF-eM6j4_8ZbSBtMTk5alr6Xt6J2xoeAbkZXkHcSc67KTr2MMNDg-q3HNYvdzkfTaGoMbCcnmXW3Lq_jJSpTGrvUBC6fBeoZWEWFQt-ZB9_BCSD3IMnZF7FbUYzpVskx4qpZyrCj95cBq2YLu7pQJB8xFPbG6_v0LxeesEZiEZLQoQplspjYugjY7ADGCPhNwF2ckABn4Qkj1rTUWlStNlSKnl74ywn3IMaZnETUAJ4DHZmxSD54KOMh6dh82f1LVxTQnTveT_PPwkw_7NpSe4L70s28wn_KDJdpgIq5AcBPDVgTihNYR8ErgWTL_MUQYPTK_IMUO_htw5qxDPlSRnk2w5RX835GzLRxgVTReGVnEH2VMqd6UqZvHKJJEGhEuLRr33y0W7NB1afdHQdkeLfshPxsaG_76ATYF6wlqbMv-SCdvRuDpT-JL7OsKErs7dzvPqiQIS=w805-h465-no

Edited by trousers

Sort of.... although I wonder what happened between Christmas Eve and St Stephen's Day...?

Own10rVAaHxbRQkyFsq9yVtGv0Lf9_90gVJcj3gVhyBTnWntSaDc7S1F6BkkGQPkYbo6aF-I5iHJOndORR6TPCf_ir_SAhcW5BCx0jXWbQSd9ySWbogbGWrRomYnMDdQ6H_ndakQ1cz0EkBiXFHN--Cof9Rsv80a7c4XNQ025PstSe4hRxN0gTLVdAAOFE8uXCjr9FokrJJPoXR5fgZX6KZrYPgSG9bqy4-SV7wbRMDTbcUrxT6h-HnkgWX7UrGRClAVU2V1nek46D8aZUWW1r5VPvFzGO31eLgVKF0cNqxC1d2hEYFhqpRBlIHyqbItGaDg8EHc2AwbpqnbNuS3R1J2HN2xUABYBB4UI6Beo05az0dXwZWk67i6C3AMklraYCzWSa0gQOjLWyn3b972OZ2X84IhmGl8nNPkLQx5GtoXc2aMjHhlwmHnLywiIGXhpiEurA07QQhRsMOTe56MGv9NClQp6RHtRxGyJDCATbWEycHYr0_okOpRnsh25nmHHesuZNeTwA3k3y4M_m6pDeES9P-6-Rzxr1GZKRYSoOYvRFK0ry57I5CR8VWHAUCqCykrswSBtxSF-6Ad0wdpdYSwRvJ-OpM5iqU_IdQA=w708-h183-no

s9s7NrQFurCl1r0hS3ezTwaQl65ElNF5csctiJEqWEgaiMoIGr-FVXsqPztQP514CdSrzOpINwImTUtao180-ArrQ7cHITbBSEWmFfG6DJpVWv_7DiiHSOrxRY1GeBVQNVEE2U1vW09PDTDYRVLtyUmbgHO3AmPs2xZIkmPOP-28P4wgtpyhZsJOFHs6ASeDmBY3sTHJ44Fm6-I6nhWbjDKGLQfPaHeVNjh8s_4B0YPOOjkc2H3IQCUF1hMBIkwiCaKevd4iH1149WcYASao5Iltyq89SIGn692yj4_OPEixYeaCyW1fFvi5I7M0wmLK_HKJxJecVQvRMi_P2ace-8rOT1TKS6eWNT7tqqCkBUc1FU_mrZIxJ7IMXreOeN-n4Ql1IbUtFCm6j_JVFVjXb-6jsjmrJ9p0ifXg6A1oVhFgF6QK2RFj0pne9q3SUhfWPscGA48FVHituScEze27O9J85jRjJO6cmht-R69sM6izpTKi00GlH72ggrZ4KJjB7ucubF6OqJPAZOuNPTpJXCQmrnLSXvm7n3uZp1JrYFghh7jWNRyxgsoYsdvdB8U0ey2JsA3JZkNwo26r4m3-u3bHOdfnDeuk_-q3ibfI=w693-h184-no

-QBhmZI47sq3Rkp58wqPkbUCeEWsncrEDu15IzT4l7VL5yYKG7ddQuy0UREX5hIGbpGXZ9utQga3Dt64QQy_15aBdwcQ_WIfmhb174q2lJzYk45Y7GOlZ2KslpQDWJQ1T_c1aiJlBGbhGp-ABHLG4y-PUU22TT8g5gdFzfmCT6IDcqcLaixaOdle2O0_NAK6Jcd3R4spXLruR682laaR9S-UlgxdoQIYPp-dRsS8Ac9j9sLe3C-rZFmHSRB2K8VcfQuBq9d98_rGIA_ibOrkGdf_qeKuYndc_tdPXsKhmPOZqMk7yuNhZIrMHcnJuduAQziTnQQi-ys94NcP8DJmGO5rKVDnQv7Kcg9W7zVWhuiol5Am9LqzAUVnqTiovAnzePNwcGaXxJfMTwwEODGk9B41znxgPNo0GdLdZYqVrkXnePNANk7aRpB90IkAH91TJIdkLgt6Qyo63DUOYhMm9mZjCkyaGn0uvo4A-H0wAUIigt-2EVfOGcBH1vRFZJZ9eB8vEaI38nl5Spv6s5nyAOLV57tA1VZm6-Hjj6gBTJYoJAeiYnL1bxFoH6H5ZKdQRO7vQA2dx_L5l_32p4ZkhUJ9mDj65Rf2ReyV9YrZ=w579-h177-no

There were also plenty of news articles on the 24th December saying that VvD was Liverpool bound....

QsXEvw1YO-wmt0toFXbuEfoYwzU4alpXqxxitT3KF1Z5hcr2TcmDGU8DBrjUNd4LguwOMHVHVcre2HSdllOZi8VyQEmdEY99eipM7u4WfexxpFvndNx515PQE6sJRpnzfF5Mb3AD-yVKaSZ5yMfNLhXc4DI05_XF-eM6j4_8ZbSBtMTk5alr6Xt6J2xoeAbkZXkHcSc67KTr2MMNDg-q3HNYvdzkfTaGoMbCcnmXW3Lq_jJSpTGrvUBC6fBeoZWEWFQt-ZB9_BCSD3IMnZF7FbUYzpVskx4qpZyrCj95cBq2YLu7pQJB8xFPbG6_v0LxeesEZiEZLQoQplspjYugjY7ADGCPhNwF2ckABn4Qkj1rTUWlStNlSKnl74ywn3IMaZnETUAJ4DHZmxSD54KOMh6dh82f1LVxTQnTveT_PPwkw_7NpSe4L70s28wn_KDJdpgIq5AcBPDVgTihNYR8ErgWTL_MUQYPTK_IMUO_htw5qxDPlSRnk2w5RX835GzLRxgVTReGVnEH2VMqd6UqZvHKJJEGhEuLRr33y0W7NB1afdHQdkeLfshPxsaG_76ATYF6wlqbMv-SCdvRuDpT-JL7OsKErs7dzvPqiQIS=w805-h465-no

If I remember correctly in the summer, he was the first to say he wasn’t training the day before it came out.

p.s. I'm not making judgements here, as I know information can change overnight, but just highlighting possible inconsistencies. At the end of the day, its pretty impossible to tell the difference between someone making up stuff that turns out to be wrong and someone posting something that was right at the time but the situation then changes. Hey ho.... its only a game....

I remember him posting this....

egC7_bQkPxMlJV6ixeLEJzX4D2-XxVdQ4nSUilcGJ-wLbWI4E_a3Np_kIJEQxrSAlYzaYHLm8QUtd2BMUqEc8qp8YOmtIeiZ5HWlWqo_I--CH3WR9wCW8ycguuuf84wDl0fLBbIERAK8qkZqcCobHb5xEO_PD3rMQjfsc-Og0I2ZtCa19VI6A5IsWlGJJbTNg1Bp0AA6fvWAVtt5sDub3qURQxyIWRnGfVq-4o7Scj5rHfy0QnpRysLzvmtRzqkukR4USkkDyQTT2w8m-YOOWVFJlVziQ42Bdi0_DjM_nAHCA318cnDaVFAZfmQa-R_6cGF_aRKtyI3xUEfiKQAT-jDCSewNouRdbPqYgCTwwJUKWa4ZqX14cv4mGOpzjsB1CanjXejGYQYQH8oqh6cVlpxQ2cOm5ylJ3B8HJRxSIinvZOgxG8gN5TJ45QKe1EV17wS2qjnYew7Jf1DqhEW1g14_ynUrRZVIaS460Hcbm7eeLo_TkUj3qa1QGuoCFNTc0CWF2jR6bAFj5UM9XsvmMboQwatttv3n7-GS5dMTyVLxCcJDlgtBn0amQB7E9jHBUPETvKDNS9wtTZXceY75I219Pmvj8THd5Kc2px8Q=w735-h319-no

Just a few hours before the club posted this...

lmElHlPF77f4CraGjqog5vb3i_mZOkwXf9JzPKcW5B2JVbLpjPwBX0W111vXJ67PYQZfNh0Sn-kVozOryfd-VfZFfHOWvJR9QrE6pVNUQHpcqty5GGnM1w3_n13T97vDVdUFDZ-mGJRudcX3_3bqhy_NPS4-D5uwdsBNawO-U2xPas8315pwrWT2DGE6q9tGt700gKCoV20nf3sMQZOMMEQjkr__flEryJKpPrvR_bJKxlmODHIDzVN3ZZrlnywVFWxJ9_4r-4vU0n3RDEjdWWIJbPyibH4VkiHulVlS5bMhparF3-pLFDfQdmQ39tONlPBV8sdEp1uM38iZv9fip94nqLemXRgfTHc3SfNcVzmfkXUOEI6SnZPB751WivHN07H3zoFBK8M1rixt_G41PHWgDdp8c-fogbsLfSZO-GF5kTea2P7YdoXSYS-fXiQxZjZ-oskUd1SgBHBUg45V4gyV2_7a2thYdbC1DREYeEY7XiuqSOTo8pe8z-cKI9XR-8kZKO7fRQygk40uCYPly1cl0vL2w6XQFbo9UpFaxD9PnL7WrKDha6wxv9ZInaR8n3qwyAc7L59pgmtaX103rXoWU8ypwQ-7defEplWaPgkhhRuGBWKV8A=w1394-h852-no

I got that info from the new assistant coach, who also said he wasn’t munched liked but as we all know now, that situation changed Day on Day.

Look, unless it’s Reed or Kruger, all info is second hand.

I just post what I get told.

Have just seen Dennis Rofe, very worried about our status. Thinks tomorrow is going to be hard, they’ll be up for it as it’s the first home game after Regis.

Also said MP is done if they lose. Thinks Hughes would do a good job.

I got that info from the new assistant coach, who also said he wasn’t munched liked but as we all know now, that situation changed Day on Day.

Have just seen Dennis Rofe, very worried about our status. Thinks tomorrow is going to be hard, they’ll be up for it as it’s the first home game after Regis.

what if we draw.... again?

they will go at it with everything tomorrow. we will just be so passive, hoping to contain them for an hour and remain in the game

we all know it.

Don’t like Hughes as an individual however think he’d keep us up and keep us mid table next season where this clown will definitely take us down

If we lose he's definitely gone, if we draw it'll be touch and go (depends on the manner of defeat) if he wins he'll be here till the end of the season (or the next crisis).

Sounds like a successor has already been found if he does go.

If we lose he's definitely gone, if we draw it'll be touch and go (depends on the manner of defeat) if he wins he'll be here till the end of the season (or the next crisis).

Excellent news.

I mean, I want us to win, but at least there is someone lined up should things continue to go sour.

Are you able to give any clue as to whom the new guy is?

Excellent news.

I mean, I want us to win, but at least there is someone lined up should things continue to go sour.

Are you able to give any clue as to whom the new guy is?

Nope cause i don't know myself! Worth adding that it sounds like the board still don't actually want to get rid of him, this is more of a last chance salon business

Is this your opinion? or what you've heard, Eric?