Saints v Liverpool build up

Heisenberg

Can’t see us suddenly changing system. It’ll be something like...

McCarthy; Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand; Hojbjerg Romeu Lemina; JWP Davis Tadic; Carrillo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Having 12 players on the pitch would certainly help us! :D

Yep - will be a soft pen against us at some point.

Won't be a low scoring game this, we can't sit back and let them get their tails up. Liverpool like to pressure the back line so we can't play out nicely from the back as much this game. Carrillo will have to earn his money as the target man if he starts as we will need to go a bit longer than usual.

Centre midfield they are quite slow and can be got at.

I wouldn't want to suggest a 'slightly' harder than usual tackle on VVD, early doors. Nope. Not at all. That would be childish.

Would be fun seeing Boufal nutmeg him a few times though

Me neither. In fact, I'd be really sad if Lallana, Lovren or Van Dijk got a bad injury.

Can’t see us suddenly changing system. It’ll be something like...

McCarthy; Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand; Hojbjerg Romeu Lemina; JWP Davis Tadic; Carrillo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’ll be this (excluding Davis as we can’t play with 12). He might start Long though (which I don’t think would be a bad idea against their high-line and pretty suspect CB’s.

I wouldn't want to suggest a 'slightly' harder than usual tackle on VVD, early doors. Nope. Not at all. That would be childish.

Would be fun seeing Boufal nutmeg him a few times though

Well the medical team should know exactly where his weak spot is on the ankle...

Clyne won't be playing any time soon has a serious back problem, also doubt Lallana will as he is struggling with injury & fitness recently and behind now behind Salah in the pecking order and also Lovren who usually is the main target for our fans taunting when playing them will also miss out if VVD and Matip are fit to play, expect much of our attention will be directed at VVD anyway after the way he behaved

If Lovren plays he will host us a penalty, then crock Carrillo.

Liverpool will be a real test to see if we really have improved in any way my guess is no, can't see anything other than a Liverpool win but you never know!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If we only lose 2-0 it will be an improvement on our last meeting. In the end though its an improvement against the other bottom half teams that we need to stay up.

Yep - will be a soft pen against us at some point.

Won't be a low scoring game this, we can't sit back and let them get their tails up. Liverpool like to pressure the back line so we can't play out nicely from the back as much this game. Carrillo will have to earn his money as the target man if he starts as we will need to go a bit longer than usual.

Centre midfield they are quite slow and can be got at.

Agree, we have to go at them and they can be flaky when this happens, but against them attack is the best form of defence as Spurs showed. The risk is of course that as they are lighting quick on the break we are vulnerable if we let Salah and Saido have too much space so Romeu needs to be alert.

I'm back for this one. My little wish is that vvd scores an own goal. Normally the announcer discreetly avoids mentioning the name of the opposition player, but in this case imagine the roar if he should mention it.. with a bit of relish.

We can all dream, can't we?

From the Red and White Kop, some of these comments about Lallana could have come from us lot;

He needs a shave, a haircut, a shower and to get himself fit. He looks like an angry homeless person at the minute. No one who looks like that is going to play well.

Should have got a red for the hair, beard and general scruffiness alone. ::)

Looking back through Klopp's time at Dortmund you will see many first choice players getting phased out at 29/30 and then gone from the squad completely by about 32. Ralf Rangnick at Hoffenheim was doing this even earlier at around 25/26/27.

It seems high intensity pressing relies heavily on fast-twitch muscle fibres and once a player peaks at 27 you need to start planning to replace them in the squad over the next few years if not sooner.

Based on that and Lallana's struggles with injuries and fitness this season, I would be surprised to see him nail down a starting XI place in our side again. Which is a shame as he is one of my favourite players and perhaps the best (only) proper needle players we have now Coutinho is gone.

From the Red and White Kop, some of these comments about Lallana could have come from us lot;

He needs a shave, a haircut, a shower and to get himself fit. He looks like an angry homeless person at the minute. No one who looks like that is going to play well.

Should have got a red for the hair, beard and general scruffiness alone. ::)

Looking back through Klopp's time at Dortmund you will see many first choice players getting phased out at 29/30 and then gone from the squad completely by about 32. Ralf Rangnick at Hoffenheim was doing this even earlier at around 25/26/27.

It seems high intensity pressing relies heavily on fast-twitch muscle fibres and once a player peaks at 27 you need to start planning to replace them in the squad over the next few years if not sooner.

Based on that and Lallana's struggles with injuries and fitness this season, I would be surprised to see him nail down a starting XI place in our side again. Which is a shame as he is one of my favourite players and perhaps the best (only) proper needle players we have now Coutinho is gone.

I think that’s a very good point about players approaching 30 not suiting the high press style.

I always think the fascinating thing about Lallana is that he came through the Academy and was older than Walcott, Bale and The Ox and saw them become first team regulars and then get big money moves before him. I suspect that jealousy has affected his attitude.

He’s still a great player though, but needs to swallow his pride and move to a smaller club now.

If he gets the right attitude, I’d imagine the fact he was a late developer (and doesn’t rely on pace either) will mean he can physically cope with playing at a high standard longer than most, to 35 or so.

I won’t hold my breath on him improving his attitude though!

Capable of giving them a very uncomfortable day on and off the pitch. I hope the away dressing room is clean and the showers not too cold. Hope the away end doesn't run out of pies. Hope VVD gets a nice welcome from our players. Who wants to be Jamie Vardy for a couple of hours? Denying them another 2 points would be great.

Capable of giving them a very uncomfortable day on and off the pitch. I hope the away dressing room is clean and the showers not too cold. Hope the away end doesn't run out of pies. Hope VVD gets a nice welcome from our players. Who wants to be Jamie Vardy for a couple of hours? Denying them another 2 points would be great.

The amount of money Liverpool having given us in the last few years makes me think we should roll out the red carpet.

I’m sure The Board will welcome their mates from Liverpool with open arms and wonder whether there will be a menu of players for sale on the Directors dinner table?

Can’t see anything other than a loss, but largely depends whether Salah can be restrained. Would put either PEH or Lemina on direct marking him out the game as best possible....limit his opportunities and we may scrape a draw. If we attempt to play defensively we’ll be beaten soundly. I’m predicting 0-3 and a return to the Manager out cries.