Saints v Liverpool build up

Heisenberg

From klipperty Klopp:

“I don’t think anyone at Southampton will say we’ve stolen him,” he said. “It was a very public deal and the numbers, even if they are not 100%, are OK so maybe they are really happy and they say: ‘Thank you for all the money we have now.’ Or it could be the other way around. It’s not only the players we have. Since I’m here if you ask half the Premier League: ‘Where is he from?’ they say: ‘Southampton.’ Ox [Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain] is from there, although he took a different way, Theo Walcott. There are good players from this area. Maybe we should have a scouting department directly in Southampton?”

What a ignorant twät.

Read more of VvD return at: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/09/jurgen-klopp-talk-virgil-van-dijk-facing-southampton

From klipperty Klopp:

“I don’t think anyone at Southampton will say we’ve stolen him,” he said. “It was a very public deal and the numbers, even if they are not 100%, are OK so maybe they are really happy and they say: ‘Thank you for all the money we have now.’ Or it could be the other way around. It’s not only the players we have. Since I’m here if you ask half the Premier League: ‘Where is he from?’ they say: ‘Southampton.’ Ox [Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain] is from there, although he took a different way, Theo Walcott. There are good players from this area. Maybe we should have a scouting department directly in Southampton?”

What a ignorant twät.

Read more of VvD return at: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/09/jurgen-klopp-talk-virgil-van-dijk-facing-southampton

Nothing about his being caught with his hand in the til (as it were). Hope he gets loads of ****e on Sunday arrogant t.w.a.t

Start Long and lose. Start Guido and PERHAPS be a bit more of an attacking threat and have a chance in this game. Pointless spending 20m on a bloke who won’t be first choice for a team of our level.

Agree - Long's best use these days is as a sub around the hour mark when we need fresh legs to unsettle defenders and offer some speed. If he starts alone up front it will be a picnic for the ex-Saints defender(s).

Really? The team chosen to play Brighton was almost universally condemned here, and the team for WBA was almost universally agreed upon.

almost...

Some players are nailed on (Bertrand, Cedric and McCarthy) but the after that the formation, playing positions and players are easily up for debate. Do you go for a solid hard to break down midfield of Romeu, Lemina and Hoj or if so who gets dropped Tadic, Boufal or JWP? Does Stephens and Hodet carry on despite the defensive rickets or do you bring Yoshida back in for one of them (or go three at that back to try cut out the goals being conceded). If the best team was 100% nailed on we'd hardly have anything left to debate apart from Les Reed.

Klopp and Liverpool can gloat all they want..... Sure they've signed some of our best players and are competing in the champions league and top 4.

But we now have millions in the bank.

We. Win.

They aren't competing in the top 4 and CL because of players they've signed from us though.

Clyne - Has been ok if but unspectacular for them, also injured a lot.

Lallana - Always injured.

Lambert - Was a flop for them.

Lovren - :lol:

Mane - Inconsistent, but good on his day.

VVD - Will be their best buy from us by a long way imo.

We've done well out of Liverpool. That said, we really need to stop selling to them now.

Klopp and Liverpool can gloat all they want..... Sure they've signed some of our best players and are competing in the champions league and top 4.

But we now have millions in the bank.

We. Win.

agree

haven't Liverpool spent more on Southampton players than Saints have?

They aren't competing in the top 4 and CL because of players they've signed from us though.

We've done well out of Liverpool. That said, we really need to stop selling to them now.

Why? It's not like we're doing it as a favour to them, or that we turned down bigger offers from other clubs.

Make has been a bargain for them.

Mane is world class, and certainly not inconsistent. Let's hope he and Salah have "inconsistent" performances Sunday.

Mane is world class, and certainly not inconsistent. Let's hope he and Salah have "inconsistent" performances Sunday.

Well, all the scousers I know have said he's class on his day but is out of form and a bit inconsistent. Admittedly, I've not seen a huge amount of him since he joined.

He is the epitome of inconsistency, especially this season. His goals have dried up and he is being completely overshadowed by Mo Salah. He is still world class amd I would have him back in a flash, but to consider him as "not inconsistent" is laughable.

almost...

Some players are nailed on (Bertrand, Cedric and McCarthy) but the after that the formation, playing positions and players are easily up for debate. Do you go for a solid hard to break down midfield of Romeu, Lemina and Hoj or if so who gets dropped Tadic, Boufal or JWP? Does Stephens and Hodet carry on despite the defensive rickets or do you bring Yoshida back in for one of them (or go three at that back to try cut out the goals being conceded). If the best team was 100% nailed on we'd hardly have anything left to debate apart from Les Reed.

That's true, but most of us agree if a starting line up is decent or crap. For example against WBA I would've had PEH in ahead of Romeu, but overall I (like most of us) was happy with the line up. Let's hope MP The Lesser is now capable of the doing the same thing from now on.

Guessing that we will make a decent fist of it today but ultimately end up losing. Really hope we give it a go rather than play the normal damage limitation tactics.

I would go with this for a starting XI

McCarthy

Cedric hoedt yoshi Bertie

Romeu

Tadic lemina gabbi boufal

Carrillo

4 1 4 1

Never gonna happen I know but I reckon it would be damn exciting to watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m nervous.

I really, really don’t want a spanking and don’t want Virgil to score, both of which is a strong possibility.

Hope they play at 75% and we at 100%.

Incidentally, Pellegrino bashing seems to have settled a tad....a loss today and in the cup and does he need to be sacked??

our recent record against them is not that bad. Apart from the last game we've only taken a beating ay the hands of Suarez and Coutinho. I think on this occasion we need to sit back for a bit and contain them. If we can stay level at half time then we can win it. Difficult call but I'm gonna go for a 1-1 draw. We need to ignore how much we hate Liverpool and look ay this as an important game where we really need to pick up at least a point.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Really got to win this today I think.

Swansea/Borunemouth have managed to beat the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool in recent weeks, which has turned around both fo their seasons. We cannot have a 'brave' defeat today. Minimum a draw, win is needed though. Defeat disasterous.

Swansea/Borunemouth have managed to beat the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool in recent weeks, which has turned around both fo their seasons. We cannot have a 'brave' defeat today. Minimum a draw, win is needed though. Defeat disasterous.

We blew it against spurs.

Should have won the game

Liverpool will be too much for us

A loss today is not disasterous but certainly a set-back as it would break the unbeaten run which is developing.

This is almost a freebie.....our survival is not reliant on winning today, although that obviously helps but the next 5 are the ones that really matter. With 4 of them Away I would think 10 points would be a very useful return, placing us on 36 (or more depending on today!), which would suggest a minimum of 4 points to reach the magical 40 from the remaining other 6.

Burnley Away WIN

Stoke City Home WIN

Newcastle United Away WIN

Swansea City Away DRAW

West Ham United Away LOSS

Arsenal Away LOSS

Chelsea Home LOSS

Leicester City Away DRAW

Bournemouth Home WIN

Everton Away DRAW

Manchester City Home WIN!!!!

The thing is they did it by putting everyone behind the ball and not giving pool any space to work in but people on here want us to attack them (no doubt pushing our full backs up nice and high), much as I'm no fan of negative football, in this case I can't see anything but a spanking if we try to play like that.

A loss today is not disasterous but certainly a set-back as it would break the unbeaten run which is developing.

This is almost a freebie.....our survival is not reliant on winning today, although that obviously helps but the next 5 are the ones that really matter. With 4 of them Away I would think 10 points would be a very useful return, placing us on 36 (or more depending on today!), which would suggest a minimum of 4 points to reach the magical 40 from the remaining other 6.

Burnley Away WIN

Stoke City Home WIN

Newcastle United Away WIN

Swansea City Away DRAW

West Ham United Away LOSS

Arsenal Away LOSS

Chelsea Home LOSS

Leicester City Away DRAW

Bournemouth Home WIN

Everton Away DRAW

Manchester City Home WIN!!!!

Haha