Weekend’s other games

whelk

Let's be honest everyone from Burnley down in this league is crap at football at the moment, we just need to make sure we aren't as crap as at least 3 teams.

Burnley haven't won in 9 now I believe and they are sitting in 7th and Everton are shocking and sit in the top half.

Even if we stay up this year it's such a wasted opportunity to not be challenging for the top 6 because our team of like two years ago I'd fancy beating every single team that isn't the current top 6 with ease.

Also Arsenal could be quite threatening for the rest of the season, new contract Ozil, Aubeyang and a rejuvenated Mkhitaryan is a pretty scary forward line.

Sanchez is an upgrade though. Same age too.

Not if Mkhitaryan hits his old Dortmund form, that was a level above anything Sanchez has managed and Aubeyang is an upgrade on Sanchez anyway, 141 goals for Dortmund in 213 games, the last 3 seasons he has pretty much been a goal a game, goalscoring wise he is a level above anything Sanchez has ever managed in his career and has two of the most prolific assist machines in modern football behind him now.

If Arsenal can sort out their defence, Mkha hits his old form, then they could easily overtake Utd next year and challenge city IMO. But knowing Wenger he'll do nothing in the summer.

Bottom 3 of West Brom, Huddersfield and Stoke could be bottom 3 come the end of the season. The negative goal difference for Huddersfield and Stoke is so bad it's like having another point on them.
I think Huddersfield will go. They have been crap for a while

No Idea about WBA. They have a good team, better than many at the bottom.

Same as Stoke. Like us really

West ham are one to watch. They have an almighty injury list. Newcastle always seem to be in the mix.

As long as our GD does not fall away, I think 11-12 more points will do it.

3 wins, 2-3 draws from 12 games!

Edited by Batman

Bottom 3 of West Brom, Huddersfield and Stoke could be bottom 3 come the end of the season. The negative goal difference for Huddersfield and Stoke is so bad it's like having another point on them.

Stoke are 50-50. They've got the players to go on a run.

I think Huddersfield will go. They have been crap for a while

No Idea about WBA. They have a good team, better than many at the bottom.

Same as Stoke. Like us really

West ham are one to watch. They have an almighty injury list. Newcastle always seem to be in the mix.

As long as our GD does not fall away, I think 11-12 more points will do it.

3 wins, 2-3 draws from 12 games!

I think 10 points will do it. The entire bottom half is dogsh it. 36 points I think will be plenty.

All we need to stay up, sack him and hello Brendan in the summer.

I see Pep named only 6 subs in City's game today as his squad is so thin on the ground

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola defended his decision to name only six substitutes in Saturday's draw after TV pundit Gary Neville labelled the move a 'joke'.

Guardiola insisted he had no more available first-teamers left to fill the bench at Turf Moor with seven players — David Silva, Benjamin Mendy, Fabian Delph, John Stones, Gabriel Jesus, Leroy Sane and Phil Foden — all injured.

'We don't have any more players,' complained Guardiola. 'I would like to have 18 players but they are injured. I could have called one of the second team but they played their match on Friday and they wouldn't have got on the pitch ahead of Yaya [Toure] or [Oleksandr] Zinchenko so we decided not to use them.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-5348627/Man-City-boss-Pep-Guardiola-hits-Gary-Neville.html?ITO=1490

I guess he isn't a big fan of youth players then. Seems a bit weird having the Man city manager complaining about squad depth.

I see Pep named only 6 subs in City's game today as his squad is so thin on the ground

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola defended his decision to name only six substitutes in Saturday's draw after TV pundit Gary Neville labelled the move a 'joke'.

Guardiola insisted he had no more available first-teamers left to fill the bench at Turf Moor with seven players — David Silva, Benjamin Mendy, Fabian Delph, John Stones, Gabriel Jesus, Leroy Sane and Phil Foden — all injured.

'We don't have any more players,' complained Guardiola. 'I would like to have 18 players but they are injured. I could have called one of the second team but they played their match on Friday and they wouldn't have got on the pitch ahead of Yaya [Toure] or [Oleksandr] Zinchenko so we decided not to use them.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-5348627/Man-City-boss-Pep-Guardiola-hits-Gary-Neville.html?ITO=1490

I guess he isn't a big fan of youth players then. Seems a bit weird having the Man city manager complaining about squad depth.

it's total ******.

they have invested massive sums in their youth system. how can they not put one of them on the bench today.

Edited by Batman

As I've said before its a bun fight and luck will play a big part in who stays up and who goes down. Buckle up everyone, for a white knuckle ride !!!!!!!!!!!!

5 points to Bournemouth in 9th and 6 points to West brom in 20th. So many teams are taking points off each other. There could be some real shocks for relegation. Swansea were written off 5 games ago and now they've just taken 7 points when they probably predicted to get 1 at most. This is going to be a really interesting end to the season. Just a shame we're involved in it.

5 points to Bournemouth in 9th and 6 points to West brom in 20th. So many teams are taking points off each other. There could be some real shocks for relegation. Swansea were written off 5 games ago and now they've just taken 7 points when they probably predicted to get 1 at most. This is going to be a really interesting end to the season. Just a shame we're involved in it.

The top teams are all seriously good right now. Each has massive quality in attack. I struggle to think of non-top 6 team attackers that could be starters at any of these teams right now. Mahrez the only one with a chance? Vardy wouldn't be a starter. Rooney is past it. That's it I think? So when the bottom 14 teams don't have amazing attackers then they're bound to trade a lot of points amongst each other. When Everton had Lukaku they were ahead of the pack. When we had Mane/Pelle we were ahead of the pack.

Edited by Ultimatt

And if we go down by one point, what about the Watford handball?

It happened, we got jibbed but we can’t blame that one incident since we’ll have had many games to get the points needed. If we don’t get enough, we deserve it.

Say you are running a race and halfway through someone trips you, do you just give up and keep that incident as a ready made excuse or do you push on and try and make up for the time lost?

And if we go down by one point, what about the Watford handball?

Get over it. Just one incident in hundreds. Worry more about all the scuffed chances, feeble headers and shots blasted over the bar. Decisions over penalties given or not given for or against would be just as significant and there have been a lot more of those. It’s called football.

It will be interesting to see all the team's that have been in the relegation zone at the end of the season, I expect most of the bottom half will have been. Difficult to call relegation this year. I think huddersfield will stay in it though.

Edited by Saint_Ash

It will be interesting to see all the team's that have been in the relegation zone at the end of the season, e I expect moats most of the bottom half will have been. Difficult to call relegation this year. I think huddersfield will stay in it though.

Just goes to show how very average most of the PL is really.

Bony not such a miss, he was finished as a PL player before he joined Swansea, now he's probably finished as a top level player.

Fer is a big loss for them though, he gives them genuine physicality in midfield.

Will be interesting to see if it causes them problems or not.

Wins against Liverpool & Arsenal & the draw with Leicester have been remarkable really.

Bony not such a miss, he was finished as a PL player before he joined Swansea, now he's probably finished as a top level player.

Fer is a big loss for them though, he gives them genuine physicality in midfield.

Fair assessment, King is a decent player but not a direct replacement, Fer has been important to their recent upturn. Bony has been poor although sat on probably £100k a week or so. Ayew could be an upgrade IF he stays fit, hasn’t had a huge amount of football this term at WHam and big investment for Swansea

Watford, WHU and Everton are in free fall and will soon be joining Huddersfield in the fight for life. At least one of the three will b going down along with the Tykes so just one place left, Looked at that way life doesn't seem quite so bad this morning.

Wouldn't surprise me if they beat Chelsea on Monday.