Weekend’s other games

whelk

What are the Pool fans booing the ref for exactly? He missed the pen, but the linesman showed great balls to pull that back. You don't see that enough, fair play to him. Bang on decision as well, Klopp and the Liverpool fans can play the victims but they probably should have lost it anyway based on that 2nd half.

Classic Liverpool really, if they don't put a team out of sight after the first 30 or so mins then you always have a chance. The amount of energy and press they exert at the start of tha game is probably too great, so in the 2nd half they're out on the legs for 45mins. But they only know how to play one way. That way wont' win them anything though.

What are the Pool fans booing the ref for exactly? He missed the pen, but the linesman showed great balls to pull that back. You don't see that enough, fair play to him. Bang on decision as well, Klopp and the Liverpool fans can play the victims but they probably should have lost it anyway based on that 2nd half.

I disagree. Both penalties were very harsh (if you leave emotions out of it) and should not have been given in my opinion.

First one maybe more than the 2nd, but the 2nd pen was one all day long. He just kicked him.

Looked to me like he was going to go for the ball then when he saw that Lamela was going to get to it before him, he tried to back out of it. But he still impeded him all the same.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

Klopp making himself look a **** as usual in post match interview. Both pens were right, get over it!

all laughing and big smiles when it’s going his way, a snarling sulky bastard when it goes against him. I don’t know what his problem is, they were lucky to get a point at the end of the day.

Klopp making himself look a **** as usual in post match interview. Both pens were right, get over it!

Bottle job from the sky interviewer. When Klopp says “clearly offside” & “I don’t know why they were discussing it”, he should have told him replay shows Lovren touched the ball, therefore he’s not offside. Would have shut the twt right up. No doubt the bloke knew but bottled telling Klopp.

How anyone thinks either weren’t pens beggars belief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liverpool have now conceded more Prem goals at Anfield in the games VVD has played (5) than they did all season before he joined (4).

No idea if that is accurate but it's on Twitter and seems effing hilarious to me.

he didn't play in the City game where they gave up 3

It's a stonewall pen, even Carragher agreed with that. Lamela was clever, went blindside, got to the ball first and got his body in the way, Van Dijk volleys him in the leg. If that is not a pen I don't know what is.

First one is a mess all round but technically is correct by the letter of the law, Kane is offside, but Lovren has ample opportunity to clear it, spoons it, essentially bring Kane back into play, keeper clearly touches him, Kane does what any striker does and goes down. Pen.

Klopp and the Liverpool fans are playing the victim yet again. I used to like Klopp at Dortmund, but Liverpool have infected him, those whiny scousers have got to him and he is more whiney that Wenger and Mourinho combined these days.

I like Klopp doesn't mention anything about Spurs battering them second half, they have no plan B when their first half rush doesn't work and they are all dead on their arses. Spurs played them perfectly to be honest, aside the unlucky first goal they kept moving the ball wearing them out and then last 30 minutes it was a matter of time.

I hope VVD makes another error against us next week, that would be great, and hopefully Real Madrid will come in the summer to poach Salah, that would be hilarious.

Edited by tajjuk

It's a stonewall pen, even Carragher agreed with that. Lamela was clever, went blindside, got to the ball first and got his body in the way, Van Dijk volleys him in the leg. If that is not a pen I don't know what is.

First one is a mess all round but technically is correct by the letter of the law, Kane is offside, but Lovren has ample opportunity to clear it, spoons it, essentially bring Kane back into play, keeper clearly touches him, Kane does what any striker does and goes down. Pen.

Klopp and the Liverpool fans are playing the victim yet again. I used to like Klopp at Dortmund, but Liverpool have infected him, those whiny scousers have got to him and he is more whiney that Wenger and Mourinho combined these days.

I like Klopp doesn't mention anything about Spurs battering them second half, they have no plan B when their first half rush doesn't work and they are all dead on their arses. Spurs played them perfectly to be honest, aside the unlucky first goal they kept moving the ball wearing them out and then last 30 minutes it was a matter of time.

I hope VVD makes another error against us next week, that would be great, and hopefully Real Madrid will come in the summer to poach Salah, that would be hilarious.

All of this is spot on, although Kane should be at the Olympics for diving for that first one and his pen was atrocious. Still, lovely to see Liverpool not win, and Klopp is super-detestable

All of this is spot on, although Kane should be at the Olympics for diving for that first one and his pen was atrocious. Still, lovely to see Liverpool not win, and Klopp is super-detestable

If the ref deemed it a penalty then should'nt the Gk have been booked at least, or sent off as he appeared the last man between Kane and goal ?

If the ref deemed it a penalty then should'nt the Gk have been booked at least, or sent off as he appeared the last man between Kane and goal ?

Probably should have been a yellow but they changed the rules about straight reds if it's an 'accidental' foul:

"When a denial of a goalscoring opportunity offence is committed by a defender in the penalty area, the penalty kick effectively restores the goalscoring opportunity so the punishment for the player should be less strong (e.g. a yellow card) than when the offence is committed outside the penalty area. However, when the offence is handball or clearly not a genuine attempt to play or challenge for the ball, the player will be sent off."[/Quote]

That Bakayoko guy is absolutley dog ****. How many times has his touch given it away? Shocking.

He'll be shipped off in the summer. That's what £40m gets you.

Has a lot of talent. Surprised because he absolutely balled itfor Monaco in Ligue 1 and champions league last season.

Has a lot of talent. Surprised because he absolutely balled itfor Monaco in Ligue 1 and champions league last season.

He may have, but that Monaco side was a 'team'. As we saw when we were picked off, the players don't always look as good without the 'team' around them.

He's been diabolical all season to be honest, looks half a yard short for this level.

why don't we every get this sort of luck against the big teams? Wouldn't mind Mane and VVD getting sent off at SMS followed by a couple of spurs like penalties..

Have thought similar, we do seem devoid of luck against the top 6, especially at home.