Have we just helped to end the career of our ex-manager?

SaintJackoInHurworth

Alan Pardew has been working hard to turn it around at West Brom, but our win against them today makes it even harder for him. I feel a little bit sorry for him as I always thought our sacking of him several years ago seemed a bit harsh at the time (putting aside claims made on here that there were other significant contributory factors).

Pardew's career seems to have been on a downwards trajectory ever since we sacked him and you have got to think that if he fails to keep West Brom up he will be sacked again and he will find it very hard to find another club to manage.

Pardew's career seems to have been on a downwards trajectory ever since we sacked him

Behave yourself man. Have you been drinking? Since leaving League 1 Southampton he's managed one of the biggest clubs in the country, the club where he made his name as a player and is now at a similar sized club to us. He's managed numerous seasons 2 steps above where he left us. If that's a downwards trajectory, what's an upwards one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behave yourself man. Have you been drinking? Since leaving League 1 Southampton he's managed one of the biggest clubs in the country, the club where he made his name as a player and is now at a similar sized club to us. He's managed numerous seasons 2 steps above where he left us. If that's a downwards trajectory, what's an upwards one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newcastle one of the biggest clubs in the country?! Have YOU been drinking?!

They're bigger than us but we're a small club. Newcastle are not even in the top ten in the country.

Alan Pardew has been working hard to turn it around at West Brom, but our win against them today makes it even harder for him. I feel a little bit sorry for him as I always thought our sacking of him several years ago seemed a bit harsh at the time (putting aside claims made on here that there were other significant contributory factors).

Pardew's career seems to have been on a downwards trajectory ever since we sacked him and you have got to think that if he fails to keep West Brom up he will be sacked again and he will find it very hard to find another club to manage.

After we sacked him he almost guided Newcastle to a champions league place?

I have to say I like Pards. He always speaks of the Saints with fondness and He helped stop the rot in the great decline. But Now is now and I am glad we took the 3 points from him.

Yep, me too. Another like Adkins who got a rough deal by Cortese. We seem only to sack successful managers! I hope he keeps WBA up they've been part of our history since the last war and used to be a bit of a bogey team for us.

What exactly is it you think makes Newcastle so huge?

their stadium.

tbf this is a whole new debate itself- is it trophies, fan following, PL status, money, the general history of the club such as how long they've been in top flight- lots of variable factors that will affect what ppl think is the biggest 10 clubs in the country.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10881263/ultimate-league-reveals-liverpool-are-englands-top-team-followed-by-man-utd-and-arsenal

this would suggest us as 11th for example

their stadium.

tbf this is a whole new debate itself- is it trophies, fan following, PL status, money, the general history of the club such as how long they've been in top flight- lots of variable factors that will affect what ppl think is the biggest 10 clubs in the country.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10881263/ultimate-league-reveals-liverpool-are-englands-top-team-followed-by-man-utd-and-arsenal

this would suggest us as 11th for example

What about West Ham's stadium?

I agree. It's a matter of opinion.

West Brom was fooked before he took over, plus I reckon they’d keep him if they got relegated. Definitely good enough to challenge for promotion

They were 1pt above the relegation zone when Pardew took over they are now bottom and 4pts off 17th so I wouldn't say they were fooked before he took over but (despite the cup game against pool) he hasn't improved them.

Edited by doddisalegend

They were 1pt above the relegation zone when Pardew took over they are now bottom and 4pts off 17th so I wouldn't say they were fooked before he took over but (despite the cup game against pool) he hasn't in improved them.
They had not won in 20. I believe that has changed despite the rest down there also picking up points