How much is Stephens worth ?

eurosaint

At this summers prices, probably not that much, maybe 30-40m. If he continues to score, goes to the World Cup, we can maybe get 50m.

I like how you say not that much, then give a figure pretty much double what he's worth. World Cup?! £50m?!

He's a pretty limited bottom half player, in the £15-20m bracket I'd say. £20m just for being English.

'goes to the world cup'

:lol:

What do some of you see in him? He's an ok defender but he has massive flaws and has cost us quite a few goals this season. He's absolute pony in the air and at marking a man. Pretty bad when you're a CB!

Agree both him and Hoedt are very dodgey at defending to be honest.They dont inspire fans alike with too much confidence but there is room much room for improvement given the right defensive coaching. There is a post earlier somewhere saying hed be quite good as a defensive midfielder just sitting in a holding pattern.

Hes scored some vital goals just recently ,but gave WBA a gift when non marking from zonal areas need to be addressed.

Stephens defensively gets bullied in aerial duels. He has to overcome his height deficiencies if he gonna become a top defender.

And he gets caught flat footed at times, like he’s struggling to read the game. He often reacts to what’s happening rather than anticipating it.

£10-15m atm. Probably wouldn’t get in any other prem teams right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If he was playing for someone else would we be excited about the prospect of buying him? Did I see that Yoshi was valued at around £6m? Probably not much more.

I read something the other day where they calculated that the average transfer fee of a premier league player is now £19m. I dunno how they figured it, I imagine it was i.e. mean rather than median or whatever. I thought it was Quite Interest tho, considering £19m is coincidentally our Record transfer fee.

I read something the other day where they calculated that the average transfer fee of a premier league player is now £19m. I dunno how they figured it, I imagine it was i.e. mean rather than median or whatever. I thought it was Quite Interest tho, considering £19m is coincidentally our Record transfer fee.

Was that the average fee or the fee for an average player? These figures can get skewed by the extreme high prices for a few.

Whatever, we all get skewed. ;)

Harry Maguire has been excellent for Leicester and only cost £12m, rising to £17m.

I was gutted we didn't go for him as I actually think he has everything from leadership, determination and British grit but he also has a touch of class when on the ball too. 12 million is very good business from Leicester.

Stephens defensively gets bullied in aerial duels. He has to overcome his height deficiencies if he gonna become a top defender.
He's 6' 1". That's not height deficient for a centre back. Phil Jones is the same height, but forging an okay career for himself.

Stephens just lacks upper body strength and isn't aggressive enough in aerial challenges at times. The same is true of Hoedt who, despite being taller, actually wins less headers than Stephens.

It's an area they both need to improve in, and you'd like to think having a former international centre back as manager would be a help on the training pitch, but we're just going to have to live with it for the rest of the season because there's no aerially dominant alternative waiting in the squad.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk