Swansea City v Southampton

West Ham United v Southampton

Arsenal v Southampton

Southampton v Chelsea

Leicester City v Southampton

Southampton v AFC Bournemouth

Everton v Southampton

Southampton v Manchester City

My predos and I'm being overly positive after yesterday...

Southampton v Liverpool - we'll get beat but in an entertaining free scoring game - 4-2 loss

Burnley v Southampton - tight cagey affair against a well set up side - 1-1

Southampton v Stoke City - Another must win game. We will do just enough. - 2-1 Win

Newcastle United v Southampton - Coming off the back of a decent result, the wind will be in our sails - 2-0 win

Swansea City v Southampton - A two game winning streak for Saints? What madness is this! Pellegrino to panic and out a strange side out that only gets us a draw - 1-1

West Ham United v Southampton - West Ham will be up for this at home, and surely we can't get points from 5 fixtures in a row... can we? - 2-0 loss

Arsenal v Southampton - Attacking Arsenal too much for us - 3-0 loss

Southampton v Chelsea - Potentially could get a point here but I've overly optimistic so far given who our manager is, so we'll lose - 1-0 loss

Leicester City v Southampton - We'll stop the 3 game run of losses with a hard fought draw. - 0-0

Southampton v AFC Bournemouth - Lovely Bournemouth effectively save us from relegation by rolling over - 3-1 win.

Everton v Southampton - A final point to round off a poor season but with safety secured. 1-1.

Southampton v Manchester City - Will be well on the beach but this will still be a defeat as they 'Harlem Globetrotter' our arses. - 3-1 loss.

Ok, it's a bit Jekyll and Hyde but so has our season been. 13 points buys us safety and a lofty finish of 14th. Part of me still thinks we're going down under Pellegrino but he chose the right team yesterday and it paid off. We can only hope that continues. The Liverpool game is a free hit, there are 5 six-pointers and we need to win at least three of them IMO and nick the odd point from others.

It’s going to be tough to get enough points from that lot, we are going to have to get at least two more wins on the road.

One positive is that three of the last four games are against teams that will probably be safe in the mid-table comfort zone which is the sort of fixtures you want. That’s clutching at straws a bit though because that is a ***** of a run in.

Frankly, you can look at any of the teams, and their forums will be full of the same angst.

I was thinking that Huddersfield, now they're in the bottom three, won't escape. But, of their remaining 9 fixtures, only one is against a top 6 side. They've probably got the best run in. Everyone else is more or less on a par.

It feels like a very low standard down there.

"Low standard" compared to what?

Can you name...

a) another European league this season where the bottom 10 clubs have better players than the Premier League bottom 10 this year?

b) another Premier League season where the bottom 10 had better squads than this year's bottom 10?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Can you name...

a) another European league where the bottom 10 clubs have better players than the Premier League this year?

b) another Premier League season where the bottom 10 had better squads than this year's bottom 10?

why is nearly everyone in the bottom 10 or so playjng dogshyt football?

I think we should realistically be able to get 10-12 points from those fixtures (to end up on 36-38). I’d guess that will be enough to stay up this season (last day nerves though).

If we keep on playing like yesterday, I think we should break the 40 point barrier and be safe before the last day.

However, if we go back to playing as negatively as we did until a few weeks ago though, we’ll struggle to get 4 more points IMHO.

Looks a big task lets hope we have some luck

Southampton v Liverpool

Burnley v Southampton

Southampton v Stoke City

Newcastle United v Southampton

Arsenal v Southampton

Southampton v Chelsea

Everton v Southampton

If we can keep the momentum after yesterday I reckon we can get at least 15 points from those games. I'm feeling very positive after the last few games.

Can you name...

a) another European league this season where the bottom 10 clubs have better players than the Premier League bottom 10 this year?

Couldn't give a flying fu ck.

My post was "it feels like". To me. My opinion.

Going and play your computer game you tediously pointless dweeb.

Southampton v Liverpool

Burnley v Southampton

Southampton v Stoke City

Arsenal v Southampton

Southampton v Chelsea

Everton v Southampton

6 wins:

Burnley

Stoke

Newcastle

Swansea

West Ham

Bournemouth

I reckon we need 4 more wins tbh and it's a big ask from those fixtures. The bottoms teams start fighting towards the end of the season and let's be honest, we've been among the ****test in the league all season, so I struggle to see us miraculously smashing teams away from home.

There are 4-5 wins in there if we play like we did v Brom or Spurs, there are some teams in terrible form in that list. Burnley haven't won in 9, Stoke are awful, Everton are woeful at the back, West Ham are full of injuries. Swansea just lost Fer and Bony as well.

Even Liverpool and Chelsea on current form are beatable, neither team looks solid and aside Arsenal are probably the most out of form in the top 6 right now.

Austin is apparently on his way back, aside from that we barely have any injuries.

If we could only manage 5 wins in 26, we will not get 6 in 12!

People need to remember how terrible we are.

We'll be fine then as the teams below us, by your brilliant logic, will do exactly what their prior results this year suggest as well, which will be worse than us.

If we could only manage 5 wins in 26, we will not get 6 in 12!

People need to remember how terrible we are.

Tbf, never works like that. How often are teams largely **** then all of a sudden they put a run together and puts them comfortably safe.

Will be worried if we need a point or three from the last 2 ...!

Southampton v Liverpool

Burnley v Southampton

Southampton v Stoke City

Arsenal v Southampton

Southampton v Chelsea

Everton v Southampton

Win these and we stay up. They are the 6 pointers.

If we keep playing our strongest team consistently then there are 4/5 wins in there to stay up easily. One the one hand, haven't beaten any vaguely good sides this year, just dross at the bottom. But we should have beaten Spurs and Arsenal.

Every away game bar Arsenal is winnable. Stoke, Chelsea, Bournemouth at home. Even City last day when they are hopefully busy and nothing to play for, who knows.

I think it'll come down to the next 2 games, whether he's woken up and will let his best team attack, or whether he'll revert to type. If it's back to defensive, playing Davis, Long, endless changes, then I think we will go. There's really no excuses though. Our squad is better than 6 of the teams we're playing.

Like Utd in 2005. :scared:

I reckon we need 4 more wins tbh and it's a big ask from those fixtures. The bottoms teams start fighting towards the end of the season and let's be honest, we've been among the ****test in the league all season, so I struggle to see us miraculously smashing teams away from home.

Are we a bottom team? Either we are and we start fighting, or we’re not and we’ll be ok.

Southampton v Liverpool - 0

Burnley v Southampton - 1

Southampton v Stoke City - 1

Newcastle United v Southampton - 1

Swansea City v Southampton - 0

West Ham United v Southampton - 1

Arsenal v Southampton - 1

Southampton v Chelsea - 1

Leicester City v Southampton - 0

Southampton v AFC Bournemouth - 3

Everton v Southampton -1

Southampton v Manchester City -0

10 points for me, at a push. We won't beat Swansea at their place. Might be enough to stay up if Huddersfield continue to implode, West Brom don't get out it, and either Watford or Swansea drop (or Brighton). Squeaky bum

We'll stay up on goal difference on 35 points.

We'll be out of the bottom three for a few weeks before a poor run of form and our opponents having favourable fixtures means that we'll drop back in. Scraping a few hard-fought draws will mean that we'll clamber back out but will need other results to go our way in the last few games. Squeaky bum time - finishing mid-table is so boring!

Southampton v Liverpool - 1

Burnley v Southampton - 0

Southampton v Stoke City - 3

Newcastle United v Southampton - 1

Swansea City v Southampton - 3

West Ham United v Southampton - 1

Arsenal v Southampton - 0

Southampton v Chelsea - 0

Leicester City v Southampton - 3

Southampton v AFC Bournemouth - 3

Everton v Southampton -0

Southampton v Manchester City -0

We'll stay up on goal difference on 35 points.

We'll be out of the bottom three for a few weeks before a poor run of form and our opponents having favourable fixtures means that we'll drop back in. Scraping a few hard-fought draws will mean that we'll clamber back out but will need other results to go our way in the last few games. Squeaky bum time - finishing mid-table is so boring!

ooohhhh ! 17th then, by the closest of margins. Like 96 and us just above Man City.

Think a lot of it will come down to momentum, it feels like we are finally starting to build some with unbeaten run of 6 games (including 3 wins) in league and cup.

Keep that up and who knows we could find ourselves slowly moving up the table and in a FA cup 1/4 final.

Think a lot of it will come down to momentum, it feels like we are finally starting to build some with unbeaten run of 6 games (including 3 wins) in league and cup.

Keep that up and who knows we could find ourselves slowly moving up the table and in a FA cup 1/4 final.

I'll say one thing. We'll beat WBA in the cup.

Southampton v Liverpool

Burnley v Southampton

Southampton v Stoke City

Arsenal v Southampton

Southampton v Chelsea

Everton v Southampton

I think if we keep that same team for rest of the season barring injuries we can easily get 4 wins and 3 draws out of that at least. Trouble is, will he chop and change? Davis must be due a recall for Lemina.

So I am slightly basing this on us hitting a bit of confidence, and a little bit of 'these are the team we should be beating based on the last few years'

Southampton v Liverpool LOSS

Burnley v Southampton WIN

Southampton v Stoke City WIN

Newcastle United v Southampton WIN

Swansea City v Southampton WIN

West Ham United v Southampton WIN

Arsenal v Southampton LOSS

Southampton v Chelsea LOSS

Leicester City v Southampton DRAW

Southampton v AFC Bournemouth DRAW

Everton v Southampton DRAW

Southampton v Manchester City LOSS

18 points, with a very important three games after the Liverpool one. I can actually see a point coming from Chelsea at home but we will see!

Lets get behind the team and make sure we can reset for a better premier league season in the summer!