Lawro MOTD 2

9-3

He’s a ****ing plum.

Even when the rules are read out, he’s still saying the decision was wrong. “Bring on VAR” he insisted, it would have shown the decision was right, you ignoramus.

Then he claims “foreign “ keepers don’t catch the ball these days, neither do English ones you plank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talking of d*ckhead BBC pundits, just read this in Garth Crook's team of the week:

This lad is playing for the wrong team. Seriously. Mario Lemina is an Arsenal player if ever I have seen one.

For far too long in my opinion, Arsene Wenger has faffed around with the likes of Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin. Wenger should have invested in Lemina during the summer and got in there well before Southampton did.

Lemina is wasted at St Mary's. Sorry, Southampton fans, but you just do not have the class of player to bring the best out of this lad.

His performance against West Brom was immense. Admittedly, we have not seen enough performances like this - but you would if you put him in a proper outfit.[/Quote]

Thought Lawro was really funny, read the rule book to prove it was a penalty, but then disagreed and said it shouldn't have been, same with Genus as well. And these are 'expert ' pundits, hilarious.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Talking of d*ckhead BBC pundits, just read this in Garth Crook's team of the week:

This lad is playing for the wrong team. Seriously. Mario Lemina is an Arsenal player if ever I have seen one.

For far too long in my opinion, Arsene Wenger has faffed around with the likes of Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin. Wenger should have invested in Lemina during the summer and got in there well before Southampton did.

Lemina is wasted at St Mary's. Sorry, Southampton fans, but you just do not have the class of player to bring the best out of this lad.

His performance against West Brom was immense. Admittedly, we have not seen enough performances like this - but you would if you put him in a proper outfit.

Surely that is tapping up. Authorities should look at remarks like that.

Surely that is tapping up. Authorities should look at remarks like that.

Are you being serious? :rolleyes:

He isn't an employee of Arsenal, he is an ex-Spurs player who is now working for the BBC. He can't be charged with tapping up for writing that in an article.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Are you being serious? :rolleyes:

He isn't an employee of Arsenal, he is an ex-Spurs player who is now working for the BBC. He can't be charged with tapping up for writing that in an article.

Within the North American market there are rules against talking about players under contract with teams in any league. Drake was fined a hefty amount for suggesting a basketball player should come to Toronto whilst contracted to another side.

Something should be done about it, having ‘pundits’ spout **** like that in a national media outlet is bang out of order and only perpetuates the relentless drift of any talented player to the big 6.

It’s ironic as well that Crooks says we need to decide if we’re a selling club whilst talking about Jack Stephens but 3 paragraphs later says we’re not good enough to hold onto another player.

We all know why Crooks keeps his job. He’s far away the worst pundit, even worse than Lawro or Savage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why don't you just man up and say what you mean.

I'm assuming you mean because he is black, so what is the reason they are keeping the equally **** Lawrenson?

So Sky have Carragah and Souness in the studio, and Redknapp helping with the commentary on a Liverpool match. Brilliant impartiality.

BBC have old dinosaurs - Lawrenson and Crooks - who cling on to trying to be relevant. They're not. They should have been put out to pasture, especially the one with the MASSIVE chip on his shoulder. They are just like all other journalists writing about PL - they are blinded by the Big 6 and **** everyone else. Actually the one that seems sometimes to break the mould (even then, not too often) is Samuels who does write about the danger of the league becoming very uncompetitive. Bit late for that!! I guess he writes it that it might be uncompetitive for the Big 6, not the 20.

BBC does have some good younger people. Martin Keown is quite good. Danny Murphy is OK. I like Jermain Jenas and Kevin Kilbane

I know what Crooks writes is meant to be an opinion piece, but FFS, he goes way over the line sometimes. And like has been pointed out, it isn't even a consistent opinion. In the Jack Stephens piece in the team of the week, he was talking about Saints constantly flirting with relegation. That must be the "constantly" flirting that has seen us finish in Ralph's lovely single digit finishing positions for the last however many years. If that is flirting with relegation, we must have been nuts deep in the champions league.

And saying one of our players is a cut above the others, too good for our team, is one thing. To highlight who should be signing him, too far. If he had his way, the rest of the league should donate all of our best players to the top 6 and have done with it.

Bloke is a total tool.

And I am off to take my pills.

So Sky have Carragah and Souness in the studio, and Redknapp helping with the commentary on a Liverpool match. Brilliant impartiality.

BBC have old dinosaurs - Lawrenson and Crooks - who cling on to trying to be relevant. They're not. They should have been put out to pasture, especially the one with the MASSIVE chip on his shoulder. They are just like all other journalists writing about PL - they are blinded by the Big 6 and **** everyone else. Actually the one that seems sometimes to break the mould (even then, not too often) is Samuels who does write about the danger of the league becoming very uncompetitive. Bit late for that!! I guess he writes it that it might be uncompetitive for the Big 6, not the 20.

BBC does have some good younger people. Martin Keown is quite good. Danny Murphy is OK. I like Jermain Jenas and Kevin Kilbane

The one thing I really dislike about Sky is choice of pundit for particular matches. Bloody hell they have shed loads they wheel out regularly so why the hell when Liverpool are playing are they top heavy on ex Liverpool players. They would argue yesterday that Redknapp played for both, so expect to see him next week too with a "former Liverpool and Southampton" caption. Same with Souness I expect.

Yesterday could easily have seen Henry as an impartial expert.

The only good thing is Niall Quinn seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

why does it have to be ex players giving their nuggets of info.?

Both Crooks and Lawro set the bar pretty low for punditry. Amateur experts on bankers wages. Garth Crooks who backed James Morrison, a player with 20 something Scottish caps, to play for England and Lawro who announces that Southampton will not go down - clearly Lawro has not even bothered to check the fixture list. What sort of research does that demonstrate.

why does it have to be ex players giving their nuggets of info.?

could not agree more.

They all see the exact same thing. Every time Redknapp and Carragher gave a comment yesterday it started with "I agree with Jamie...". MOTD is the same with Gary, Alan and whoever all agreeing time after time. What's required is a journalist or someone other than a player, that can speak well, that offers an alternative view or angle. It's got to the point now that I don't bother listening to anything they say before, during or after, nor in between highlights on MOTD. They offer next to nothing.

As annoying as they can be, some of the top journalists provide much better insight. Henry Winter, Sam Wallace, Sam Cunningham, Daniel Storey and Daniel Taylor among some good ones. The last two are particularly excellent and should be on TV more.