Garth Crooks' team of the week

iansums

No idea how he can put Stephens in the team of the week, he was entirely at fault for their first goal. But of course, Crooks only watches match of the day and chooses defenders based on whether or not they scored a goal. Also he can f.uck right off after what he writes about Lemina.

Not just about Lemina, either....

"How tragic then that Leicester's love affair with Mahrez has come to such a dramatic impasse. With a little bit of common sense, everyone would have won. Mahrez gets his move to Manchester City, Manchester City get the player and Leicester get a vast sum of money well in excess of what they paid for him.

Now they have a distraction that will dominate their every press conference until it is resolved. Well done, Leicester."

Crooks is a thick, grade-A c*nt. Why is he still employed? ....oh, hang on....

So in Garth's considered opinion, Southampton are 'not a proper outfit'. Interesting - what have we done to offend him?

Haven't many posters being saying the same thing, though? I seem to remember seeing many posts complaining that we have become a "player trading club" being "asset stripped" by the owner and so forth...........

No idea how he can put Stephens in the team of the week, he was entirely at fault for their first goal. But of course, Crooks only watches match of the day and chooses defenders based on whether or not they scored a goal. Also he can f.uck right off after what he writes about Lemina.

Stephens was fouled for the goal, he didn’t lose his man.

Haven't many posters being saying the same thing, though? I seem to remember seeing many posts complaining that we have become a "player trading club" being "asset stripped" by the owner and so forth...........

Whether you agree with other posters or not, that's not what Crooks is saying. He's saying Lemina shouldn't have gone to Saints in the first place because we're 'not a proper outfit'.

I think with the BBC meaning to be 'relatively' impartial some of his comments are a bit below the belt. I think the bit that really annoyed me was the relegation mention - this is the first year since we have been back up 'we have flirted' with relegation.

You do get the impression sometimes that the established media want Saints to fail, and that we are an insult to them that a 'small seaside club' can actually do well!

Clearly he doesn't do any research and there is no editorial input so it's a bit of a shambles really. He appears to bang it out in half an hour based on watching Match of the Day.

I would be genuinely interested to know what sort of fee is involved.

I think with the BBC meaning to be 'relatively' impartial some of his comments are a bit below the belt. I think the bit that really annoyed me was the relegation mention - this is the first year since we have been back up 'we have flirted' with relegation.

You do get the impression sometimes that the established media want Saints to fail, and that we are an insult to them that a 'small seaside club' can actually do well!

Bournemouth or Brighton?

Bournemouth or Brighton?

Yes, but neither (Bournemouth 'maybe' this season) are pushing the top 6, and are still regarding as plucky under-dogs making up the numbers. I get the impression that the fact we nearly broke the glass season, managed to bonce back a few times after a summer sale despite pundits predicting otherwise really irks then. It's almost as if they are now looking at us and thinking 'HA - we told you so!'

His comment about Lemina is silly, if you can only produce every so often you are not a top class player and should not be at a top club.

If he produces it consistently then fair enough but at the moment he is a gamble for the big clubs and we'd be expecting upwards of £35 million for him.

Yes, but neither (Bournemouth 'maybe' this season) are pushing the top 6, and are still regarding as plucky under-dogs making up the numbers. I get the impression that the fact we nearly broke the glass season, managed to bonce back a few times after a summer sale despite pundits predicting otherwise really irks then. It's almost as if they are now looking at us and thinking 'HA - we told you so!'

I think your describing half the posters on here with that one :lol:

I think many are just waiting to say "I told you so". That we haven't gone down in the past 3 seasons or so must irk them some.