Your Most Hated Scouse Ex Saint ?

DJ_TOAST

I'm a little surprised at the stick Lallana gets tbh. Yes he left in bad circumstances but he was with us for several years. People here seem to forget he could have left on a free transfer when we were in League One, and had Premier League clubs in for him then (though not as big as Liverpool). He was instrumental in helping us up the leagues and staying up the first couple of years in the Premier League. Yes he said one thing and did the other, but all players are conditioned to say how much the love their club / fans. More fool us if we believe it!

Lovern & Van Dyjk on the other hand - bellends!

I'm a little surprised at the stick Lallana gets tbh. Yes he left in bad circumstances but he was with us for several years. People here seem to forget he could have left on a free transfer when we were in League One, and had Premier League clubs in for him then (though not as big as Liverpool). He was instrumental in helping us up the leagues and staying up the first couple of years in the Premier League. Yes he said one thing and did the other, but all players are conditioned to say how much the love their club / fans. More fool us if we believe it!

If you're surprised at the stick the rat faced c*nt gets you don't know the whole story. The little bellend went on strike twice whilst at our club (once to move to Wolves but didn't get it) the other time to move to Liverpool.

He signed a Liverpool shirt whilst still Saints captain (and knowing we didn't want him to leave) and said that he was hoping to play for them soon.

He screamed down the phone at Les Reed about being "set free".

He told the club that had helped him through his heart op and just given him a new, expensive contract that "he'd never play for them again".

After all this when he finally got his move he took out a full page advert in the press which was a picture of himself and a line or two of absolute rubbish.

Then once he left and got dogs ear abuse at games (wilting like a little flower during them) he went out of his way to talk about how we meant nothing to him and he was Bournemouth through and through.

His ego was worse than both lovren and VVD and his actions behind the season absolutely appalling, and this was whilst he was club captain and had just one the players and fans player of the year.

Fonte acted a ****, but he did actually love the club, he was just advised incredibly badly and has come to regret that.

Lallana out of all them was by far and away the worst, and i can't think of many players we've ever had that acted worse than him to get a move.

Lovren top of the list for me.

Absolutely, by a mile. He couldn't wait to jump ship after just one season. At least Lallana gave us a number of good years (helping us up from L1), and we got about 2.5 seasons out of VVD, followed by £75m.

Edited by Dark Munster

Absolutely, by a mile. He couldn't wait to jump ship after just one season. At least Lallana gave us a number of good years (helping us up from L1), and we got about 2.5 seasons out of VVD, followed by £75m.

Actually, we got 1.5 seasons out of vvd. Second half last year he was injured, first half this year he was behaving like a d1ck.

All three acted very poorly IMHO but because of the impact it's had on this season, I think vvd is probably the most damaging. But as others have said, I can't hate them, life's too short, just enjoy it when it goes wrong for them.

If you're surprised at the stick the rat faced c*nt gets you don't know the whole story. The little bellend went on strike twice whilst at our club (once to move to Wolves but didn't get it) the other time to move to Liverpool.

He signed a Liverpool shirt whilst still Saints captain (and knowing we didn't want him to leave) and said that he was hoping to play for them soon.

He told the club that had helped him through his heart op and just given him a new, expensive contract that "he'd never play for them again".

After all this when he finally got his move he took out a full page advert in the press which was a picture of himself and a line or two of absolute rubbish.

Then once he left and got dogs ear abuse at games (wilting like a little flower during them) he went out of his way to talk about how we meant nothing to him and he was Bournemouth through and through.

His ego was worse than both lovren and VVD and his actions behind the season absolutely appalling, and this was whilst he was club captain and had just one the players and fans player of the year.

Fonte acted a ****, but he did actually love the club, he was just advised incredibly badly and has come to regret that.

Lallana out of all them was by far and away the worst, and i can't think of many players we've ever had that acted worse than him to get a move.

I'm aware of all of it. I'm also aware none of it is confirmed. It's basically what people from the club has said against what he has said, and none of us will never know what that truth is, just what we choose to believe. Wolves was allegedly one of the clubs he could have left on a free for when we were in League One, but he signed a new contract before we were even confirmed for promotion

At the end of the day we got many good years out of Lallana. If he was sometimes a tw*t, or even often is a tw*t, that makes him no different from 90% of people in the world.

They were good for us and I believe that a few of them who would have happily stayed a year or two longer, like Wanyama, Mane, Fonte and Koeman, were sold far too soon, because that was what Les Reed and Kat Liebherr wanted to do. Of course, they nearly all get tainted by the negative PR 'leaks' to the media and internet, which many fans choose to believe. I'm not saying that most players aren't happy to go along with being sold to a big club but the club has been very happy to cash in on them too. There was a 'leak' from West Ham not long ago that a certain DOF had been letting other clubs know he was available but it seems none of them wanted him. That 'leak' probably has as much validity as the 'leaks' about our players and managers.

You are joking right? You can go on about club PR all you like but Victor made no attempt to disguise his desire to leave, even going as far as doing public interviews saying how he would like to move to Arsenal, and had a very public sulk because we made him stay another season. Koeman very clearly didn't want to stay when he found how much Everton would pay him even going as far as sacking his agent to force the move. Fonte did a public interview admitting he left for WHU because they would pay him more. Mane is the only one you could speculate about as he didn't say anything in the press but I'm willing to bet, based on things I heard from someone who had dealings with him, that he was keen on a move to Liverpool for some time before it happened. None of that is evil club PR.

There was a story on here a time back, I think it was just before we luckily got rid of Burley to Scotland and we were playing sh*t. Some Saints fans spotted Lallana in a Bournemouth nightclub and gave him grief about how bad he was playing. Apparently Lallana sobbed like a scolded toddler...

Fugging tw*t...

There was a story on here a time back, I think it was just before we luckily got rid of Burley to Scotland and we were playing sh*t. Some Saints fans spotted Lallana in a Bournemouth nightclub and gave him grief about how bad he was playing. Apparently Lallana sobbed like a scolded toddler...

Fugging tw*t...

That story is true,I think it was when Wotte and Portlevet were here, a cried like a little girl.

Also true is the story about how he screamed down the phone at Les Reed that he'd never play for us again if we didn't let him leave. I posted that at the time and was given all sorts of abuse for it.

He's a proper little ****, snivelling, horrible, whiny little Bellend.

Agree about Lallana, everyone p*sses their pants about him, but I think they just can't admit that it shows how much they loved him. I also think his leaving was the final sign that the break into the top four fantasy was over.

That story is true,I think it was when Wotte and Portlevet were here, a cried like a little girl.

Also true is the story about how he screamed down the phone at Les Reed that he'd never play for us again if we didn't let him leave. I posted that at the time and was given all sorts of abuse for it.

He's a proper little ****, snivelling, horrible, whiny little Bellend.

Lol where you in the same room with Les, or Adam?

You must have been incredibly close to him to witness all that.

What people forget are the circumstances which led up to Lallana's sale. At the very beginning of the summer transfer window, before the World Cup finals, Les Reed announced very publicly that Rickie Lambert had been rewarded for his 5 years service to the club with a 'dream move' to Liverpool. So, Lallana thought, after 8 years service to this club, that sounds great, I'll get a 'dream move' too. But, he found out that was not the exact moment when Reed planned to sell him to Liverpool. And, yes, then Lallana got stroppy and Reed made sure that the fans got to hear about it. It was all very unsavoury but unfortunately that is the way our club does its business nowadays, washing its dirty linen as publicly as possible. You could argue that they 'both threw a strop", which seems to happen far too often when Reed is involved in negotiations with our players and managers, and that if Les Reed had been wanted by Liverpool he'd have been off like a flash and wouldn't have let anyone stop him.

Agree about Lallana, everyone p*sses their pants about him, but I think they just can't admit that it shows how much they loved him. I also think his leaving was the final sign that the break into the top four fantasy was over.

The what? Who the hell had this fantasy? :lol:

There is probably some truth to the first part though he was the academy boy, who professed a great love for the club, was our captain, had come up through the lower leagues with the fans and a lot of fans had him down as the one club man in the MLT mould. So the way he shat upon the club to get his move hurt the fan base a lot more than one season wonder like Lovern.

The way some of you talk about AL nearly 4 years after he left us just shows how much he meant to us and therefore it hurt the most. No one really knows the truth that went on in the summer of 2014 - what is obvious is the club lied to players and fans alike and didn’t back the manger and look to push on. The goal posts changed over night and the vision for the club was not what was possibly sold to the players who recently signed new deals.

I love football banter as much as anyone and love seeing AL and others **** themselves at SM’s and long may it continue. BUT the abuse I’ve heard towards him regarding family members is utter disgraceful and has no place in any walk of life. So I hope the banter can continue but keep the low life abuse away - hopefully one day we can get over his move and celebrate one of the clubs most important and influential players in the last 10+ years (probably a lot longer). You can’t watch highlights on the clubs twitter or Facebook feeds without a goal scored or created by AL.

Yet we give hero welcomes to players like Theo who jumped ship at the first time of asking after less than a season of loyalty.

I used to love clapping Shearer on to the pitch at The Dell for warm

Ups, booing him for 90mins and clapping him off!

Helmet on for the abuse I will get for this post but had to be said. We are quick to hail players hero’s and legends for just a couple of above average appearances recently but can’t treat club legends with the respect they deserve (despite a poor departure).

Think it may upset them more if we just supported the team like they never even played for us!

Lallana and Lovren have both crumbled under the pressure of the abuse they receive.

My view, maybe a bit childish, but if you’re going to give them grief, don’t boo go in really hard on them.

I want to hear the whole stadium singing about lallana and Lovren’s cheating partners, Clynes drug problem and VvD weight issue.

The way some of you talk about AL nearly 4 years after he left us just shows how much he meant to us and therefore it hurt the most. No one really knows the truth that went on in the summer of 2014 - what is obvious is the club lied to players and fans alike and didn’t back the manger and look to push on. The goal posts changed over night and the vision for the club was not what was possibly sold to the players who recently signed new deals.

I love football banter as much as anyone and love seeing AL and others **** themselves at SM’s and long may it continue. BUT the abuse I’ve heard towards him regarding family members is utter disgraceful and has no place in any walk of life. So I hope the banter can continue but keep the low life abuse away - hopefully one day we can get over his move and celebrate one of the clubs most important and influential players in the last 10+ years (probably a lot longer). You can’t watch highlights on the clubs twitter or Facebook feeds without a goal scored or created by AL.

Yet we give hero welcomes to players like Theo who jumped ship at the first time of asking after less than a season of loyalty.

Helmet on for the abuse I will get for this post but had to be said. We are quick to hail players hero’s and legends for just a couple of above average appearances recently but can’t treat club legends with the respect they deserve (despite a poor departure).

Legend? Do leave it out.

Hi Adam. Glad to see you still haven't won a trophy yet. I hope you get copious amount of abuse every time you play saints and that it makes you cry harder than when you got confronted in a nightclub. I wish you nothing bit misery xxx

Look at his hair though.

Hi Ben mate :D:D:D;);)

Lallana and Lovren have both crumbled under the pressure of the abuse they receive.

My view, maybe a bit childish, but if you’re going to give them grief, don’t boo go in really hard on them.

I want to hear the whole stadium singing about lallana and Lovren’s cheating partners, Clynes drug problem and VvD weight issue.

Definitely agree with this. They can't handle it at all.

None.

If I was ever really. really pid off with one it was SRL (hold the bloke in high esteem). It could have all waited until the end of the WC. Totally extinguished my football dream fireworks with urine. It was plain fng obvious that others would follow.

At the time I was angry because all l,f,c wanted was the story and the hype plus a few other players. I completely understand SRL moving there but feel that Brenda and l.f.c made a bit of a ct of both him and us.

If I remember it took the heat away from a slight slip by l,f,c.

lost any respect for Scousehampton (couldn't resist a childish insult and it's way better than the cringe worthy "liverhampton" (it doesn't even scan ffs)) that year.

As for giving any of the grief I say go for it LF. Will you do my nivea, it's so soft but we're men ****s. There is enough meat to chew on without bringing family into it.

Back when Lallana was still here, I was well acquainted with his sister so got some ITK information every now and then. I also got some dirt on him which will likely make Saints fans hate him more. He, as well as other Saints players here at the time, upon finding out about Nigel Adkins sacking, placed bets on his departure. Great form for a captain right there.

Back when Lallana was still here, I was well acquainted with his sister so got some ITK information every now and then. I also got some dirt on him which will likely make Saints fans hate him more. He, as well as other Saints players here at the time, upon finding out about Nigel Adkins sacking, placed bets on his departure. Great form for a captain right there.

They placed bets on Adkins' departure when he'd already been sacked? Or they were betting on the announcement date? I don't follow.

They placed bets on Adkins' departure when he'd already been sacked? Or they were betting on the announcement date? I don't follow.

They found out about his sacking before it was made public. So a group of players (including Adam - she didn't name the others) asked friends to place their bets to get a hefty payout.

Edited by Disco Stu

Agree with this, the more abuse the better.

Unfortunately football today is too sanitised - full of tourists and happy clappy morons. So I expect they will all get an easy ride.

Is this thread designed to see who is going to get the most stick when Liverpool visit next ?

Personally,I would reserve my abuse for Klopp,that would "hurt" them a lot more than targeting any of their players.

I know tapping up happens all the time but the way that *** conducted himself and then comes across as everyone's mate makes me sick. Yes modern players are mercenaries,but there are plenty of others behind the scenes,greasing the wheels.

Aside from what we think about the players, this thread also shows how badly the club handle stuff like this. There don't seem to be many departures that don't end in acrimony so you have to wonder how the likes of reed et al conduct themselves. Perhaps this is also why it takes us longer to make signings.

VVD for me, arrogant dutch pr1k. Deeply unprofessional behaviour, especially after the big contract he was given and the rehabilitation for his Achilles. Compare him to how coutinho handled himself in identical circumstances.

Are you f*cking serious? Name me any player in the world who wouldn't jump at the chance to finish their career at their boyhood club. SRL is the only one I hoped would do well. Sadly he was royally shafted by that ***t Rodgers who just used him as a foil to get Lallana to follow.

I think that’s his point - and, fwiw, I agree with him. Lambert was a pawn, but successfully used to lure others. He left for understandable reasons but he was a catalyst. Not worthy of hate but disappointment.

Is this thread designed to see who is going to get the most stick when Liverpool visit next ?

Personally,I would reserve my abuse for Klopp,that would "hurt" them a lot more than targeting any of their players.

I know tapping up happens all the time but the way that *** conducted himself and then comes across as everyone's mate makes me sick. Yes modern players are mercenaries,but there are plenty of others behind the scenes,greasing the wheels.

Good point well made.

Aside from what we think about the players, this thread also shows how badly the club handle stuff like this. There don't seem to be many departures that don't end in acrimony so you have to wonder how the likes of reed et al conduct themselves..

At the time the club made out like we weren't keen to sell, but I think that was all lies. We needed the money. Ralph admitted as much last summer.

I'm not saying the players aren't cunts. They probably are. But the club used the players ambition/greed as a bit of a smokescreen imo.

Look at his hair though.

Theo left a club that was relegated for a second time, and bankrupt. There was no future here for a youngster at that time and the club was desperate for the money. In fact you could say Theo's move saved us, though we went into administration later. AL left when we were in the Premier league and rising. that's the difference

Theo left a club that was relegated for a second time, and bankrupt. There was no future here for a youngster at that time and the club was desperate for the money. In fact you could say Theo's move saved us, though we went into administration later. AL left when we were in the Premier league and rising. that's the difference

You seem to be getting Theo mixed up with Andrew Surman... not an easy mistake to make. Theo left us in our first season after being relegated from the premier league, after 6 months in the first team. Given his talent, you could definitely argue that has turned out to be a mistake. We were still unfortunate enough to be managed by c**tknap at that time. Now there’s someone who’s almost worth hating! Still can’t do it though. I’m too nice

Lallana by an country mile. To say he was two faced would be a compliment, given the amount of spin and stories he told to all the different parties to make himself look 'good'. Did he not imagine that people would speak to each other and realise that he had been saying completely different things to different people?

In addition to everything else, demanding a transfer but refusing to put in a transfer request, and breaking his word and then demanding a loyalty bonus, was the icing on the cake.

No wait, that was after he realised he was burning all his bridges here, so he went to the press and said he wanted the move so he could help plucky Bournemouth get a sell on fee. What a gent!

And lol at the apologists on here. From the board to the OS, from the Press to the stewards, everyone associated with the club gave him by far the worst send off any high profile player has had. And then did nothing to mollify fans before he came back. There are many, many good reasons for that.

Lallana by an country mile. To say he was two faced would be a compliment, given the amount of spin and stories he told to all the different parties to make himself look 'good'. Did he not imagine that people would speak to each other and realise that he had been saying completely different things to different people?

In addition to everything else, demanding a transfer but refusing to put in a transfer request, and breaking his word and then demanding a loyalty bonus, was the icing on the cake.

No wait, that was after he realised he was burning all his bridges here, so he went to the press and said he wanted the move so he could help plucky Bournemouth get a sell on fee. What a gent!

And lol at the apologists on here. From the board to the OS, from the Press to the stewards, everyone associated with the club gave him by far the worst send off any high profile player has had. And then did nothing to mollify fans before he came back. There are many, many good reasons for that.

Yeah but Guan it's all made up isn't it and none of us can know because we weren't there right? Does make me laugh all the people on here that don't want to hear anything bad about the club/players because it doesn't fit their world view so dismiss this stuff as being "made up", even though anyone remotely close to the club keeps repeating it.

And then you get the ones that level abuse at Fonte when he actually wasn't that bad other than a short period towards the end, and he did actually have the club at heart (and in my opinion he'd have been on his way to a management role right now and possibly even on the bench with Kelvin if he'd stayed).

Couldn't care less about any of them to be honest I live in the present they are the past. Way I look at it they have moved onwards to teams with bigger ambition.......

Krueger has come out stated we are a "small club"

Dress it up all you want it Liverpool came in for a silly bid for Boufal he would be next... This is our modus operandi....

Why attack former players..... Lallana was class on the pitch for us.