PL Winter break from 2019?

doddisalegend

Personally I think the best way to tackle this is to copy what the US have been doing. Add 1 or 2 extra fixtures to the season and have those games played abroad. They can be in January after the festive fixtures. That means 20 total PL games abroad.

Except that's not what the US are doing. Oversea's games, such as the London series & the Mexico City game in the NFL, and the London game in the NBA are regular season games where one team has to give up a home game. So Jacksonville, who have committed to the London series for a number of years, only play 7 home games a season in Florida. I believe that as the league operates a franchise system, they are compensated for the loss of gate revenue through the leag

My solution is to bring the League Cup forward so the final is before Christmas (they already get as far as the quarter finals before then anyway). That would mean all teams except the semi finalists would have 2 less December matches.

I think this would be a good idea anyway as it would mean the League Cup was over before the FA Cup 3rd Round games and it would be interesting to have a European place decided at the mid way point of the season.

I agree with bringing forward the League Cup and getting that done and dusted before Christmas. That's how it's been done in Scotland for a few years now, this year's final was before the end of November.