Koeman named manager of the Netherlands

Spitz

# trivia klaxon #

So, how many ex-Saints managers is that now who have managed a national side (either before or after managing Saints)?

Off the top of my head I can think of.... Laurie Mac (Northern Ireland), Burley (Scotland), Hoddle (England), Redknapp (Jordan), Strachan (Scotland), Koeman (Netherlands)

Any others?

# trivia klaxon #

So, how many ex-Saints managers is that now who have managed a national side (either before or after managing Saints)?

Off the top of my head I can think of.... Laurie Mac (Northern Ireland), Burley (Scotland), Hoddle (England), Redknapp (Jordan), Strachan (Scotland), Koeman (Netherlands)

Any others?

Marian if we include players too !?

# trivia klaxon #

Any others?

Mark Wotte was Netherlands U21 coach in the early 00s. And is 'performance director' at Morocco and did the same role at Scotland.

# trivia klaxon #

Any others?

Wasn't Lawrie also assistant for England ?

Blimey the KNVB must have gone into super grovel mode after the stink between them and Ronald, when Koeman was ignored when Van Gaal stepped down.

I’d imagine it’s the combination of a cushy part-time job subsidised by Everton to his Everton rate that swung it.