Daniel Fox

Dusic

Was one of my favourite players from that Championship year. He was quality at that level and I was relatively confident he’d be fine in the PL. All those saying they knew he was sh*t in the Championship are revisionists that clearly didn’t post on here when we went up. Don’t remember anyone calling for him to be replaced in the summer before the Prem. He wasn’t good enough in the end, so what? Plenty aren’t and he was still very good for us.

Not me I said I didn't rate him even back then. He was OK going forward, in a team with a wealth of attacking talent for the level we were at, but he was an awful defender who struggled against anyone with even a hint of pace. I guess in the end peoples view of him will be coloured by what they think the main job of a full back is if its bombing on and putting in crosses then you probably rated him if on the other hand you think a full back is part of the defence and as such requires a modicum of defensive ability you probably didn't rate him that highly.

Liked him. He gave us a bit of a nasty streak which is vital to any promotion campaign. West Ham away springs to mind when we were right under the cosh and he played a big part in getting one of theirs sent off, ended up getting a decent point. Sweet left foot too.

patrick colleter was the worst for me subbed before half time against newcastle when we were 3-0 down and all the goals were his fault!

No one beats the woeful ineptitude of Lee Todd, a player who i think isn't just our worst left back, but probably the worst player i've ever seen wearing a Saints shirt. Also the only player i've ever seen another top flight footballer take pity on, away at Highbury, Henry had skinned him so many times and pretty much shown him up to be a park player, at one point after going by him again and shooting just wide he actually put his arm around him and seemed to apologise.

Was one of my favourite players from that Championship year. He was quality at that level and I was relatively confident he’d be fine in the PL. All those saying they knew he was sh*t in the Championship are revisionists that clearly didn’t post on here when we went up. Don’t remember anyone calling for him to be replaced in the summer before the Prem. He wasn’t good enough in the end, so what? Plenty aren’t and he was still very good for us.

I did. He was limited, even in the Championship. Burnley fans were saying when he signed that he wasn't all that, decent delivery but suspect defensively.

I still think Hooiveld would have done a decent enough job as a back up CB in this league but Fox didn't half leave him exposed. The highlight for me was Newcastle away when Fox gave away a penalty, then smacked the ball at Jos for an o.g.

Aren't Saints fans great! No sooner a player leaves us than the slagging off begins.

Danny did a very good job for us when we needed him and never let us down. We are the sum of the parts and he was more than a spare part in our fight back from the wilderness. I was there for every damn game then so will not accept this cheap-shot criticism from johnny-come-lately's and armchair critics. If you have nothing good to say about an ex-player then keep your bloody traps shut!

Aren't Saints fans great! No sooner a player leaves us than the slagging off begins.

Danny did a very good job for us when we needed him and never let us down. We are the sum of the parts and he was more than a spare part in our fight back from the wilderness. I was there for every damn game then so will not accept this cheap-shot criticism from johnny-come-lately's and armchair critics. If you have nothing good to say about an ex-player then keep your bloody traps shut!

yep poor old Danny no sooner is he out the door (give or take 4 years) than the slagging begins..

Much as I agree with you, I think you'd have to shut up most of the traps on here to achieve that, as nearly every player we sell gets slagged off nowadays, and the Club does seem to encourage it.