Southampton FC phone app

stevy777_x

Bit surprised that you’re bothered- what would it give you that the mobile version of the website doesn’t? Just place a link on your home screen

I wish this site had a phone app. I've tried tapatalk half a dozen times now, always ended up uninstalling it.

Bit surprised that you’re bothered- what would it give you that the mobile version of the website doesn’t? Just place a link on your home screen

With your logic, you could say that for any given phone app that has a website! So what is the use of those as well?

With your logic, you could say that for any given phone app that has a website! So what is the use of those as well?

Seriously though, what would an 'app' give you that the mobile website does not? Many, many mobile apps are just wrapped up versions of a vendors mobile site.

Wouldn't rule it out, from my understanding the engagement with their current digital provider is a long term one and tiered. First tier was the re-design and build of the website (that's obviously done), second was the booking system (that's mostly done), so could well be on a longer term roadmap.

To be honest i'm not sure what the point of a phone app would be, integrated ticket payment through Apple/Android pay and push notifications for tickets being released maybe? But i can't really see any other benefits of doing it, and traditionally phone apps are extortionately expensive to make in comparison to their user base (would be upwards of £800k at a rough guess, maybe more).

Wouldn't rule it out, from my understanding the engagement with their current digital provider is a long term one and tiered. First tier was the re-design and build of the website (that's obviously done), second was the booking system (that's mostly done), so could well be on a longer term roadmap.

To be honest i'm not sure what the point of a phone app would be, integrated ticket payment through Apple/Android pay and push notifications for tickets being released maybe? But i can't really see any other benefits of doing it, and traditionally phone apps are extortionately expensive to make in comparison to their user base (would be upwards of £800k at a rough guess, maybe more).

I met a app provider that creates stadium apps last year. As you say ericb, those are the only features I can think of that were worthwhile, though this app provider offers an AR thing where you can hold your phone up and get a better experience e.g. for Arianna Grande's O2 show you would have got additional digital content - so for football you could potentially get live player stats that sort of thing.

Not sure how much anybody would use it, the yout probably would but then again I'm getting too old, one of the reasons I stepped down from running DLBi Commerce ;-)

However, our in stadium wifi is ****e anyway so it's all pointless :)

Seriously though, what would an 'app' give you that the mobile website does not? Many, many mobile apps are just wrapped up versions of a vendors mobile site.

An app could give loads of extra features. Votes on Supporters Man of the Match, much easier ticket purchasing, easier user journeys for the SaintsShop etc.

Tapatalk used to be good but it went bad a long time ago. I guess you know the site has settings for a mobile view?

I’ve been struggling with the rubbish Tappatalk for years - I’d never spotted the mobile view option at the bottom of the web version.

Miles better - thanks!

Neither had I :D :thumbup:

And a thank you from me as well. :D 100% improvement on both the standard web version and Tapatalk. We can't be the only 3 unaware of that setting, someone make this info a sticky.

Bit surprised that in this day and age, we still don't have a phone app.

I thought our media team were one of the best in the Premier League?

Wouldn t this also help strengthen our image to a wider fanbase?

Not sure why we would want/need an App when we have a responsive website? Apps are useful for some businesses, but for us it would likely just replicate the website.