WIFI or decent phone signal at St Marys

manina-pub

Few questions if anyone knows the answer...

1. Are we likely to have (or do we already have) a wifi system at SMS that can cope with numbers of people trying to access it ?

2. Phone signal - same as above really - sub question, which is the best provider at the moment for providing a signal at SMS ?

My ability to cash-out is being seriously impaired !

Thanks in advance and apologies if posted elsewhere.

I don’t think you could ever expect a decent signal on free or paid WiFi or your phone with the quantity of people accessing it at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ve been to Lyon's stadium for the Euros. It had wifi there and it was working perfectly

There are a few big stadiums with public WiFi, so it's entirely possible to do well. What's in it for the club though? It's a big infrastructure investment for what return?

A similar point can be made about mobile networks. They all struggled, there isn't a 'good' one to go for, as dealing with tens-of-thousands of potential devices requires a huge investment, which will be used once a fortnight on average. Why would any company bother?

There are a few big stadiums with public WiFi, so it's entirely possible to do well. What's in it for the club though? It's a big infrastructure investment for what return?

A similar point can be made about mobile networks. They all struggled, there isn't a 'good' one to go for, as dealing with tens-of-thousands of potential devices requires a huge investment, which will be used once a fortnight on average. Why would any company bother?

They can earn sponsorship from companies (eg betting sites etc). A decent WiFI solution can control where users are pointed when they access the internet.

At half time I switch my phone to 3G and can always get reception because 4G is normally slow. Presumably because so many other people are using it.

There is wi-fi but you have to know someone who works at the club and can give you the code. Although when I've tried it the signal doesn't carry far enough to work very well anywhere but the Itchen.