R.I.P Liam Miller

Bad Wolf

Passed away after a short battle with cancer.

Not strictly Saints related but puts things into perspective.

To refresh everyone's memory; scored the equalising goal against us in THAT game.

Very sad.

No it doesn’t, why does somebody always come out with this daft cliché whenever someone dies. Nobody has ever thought that Saints, Les, MoPe or any other football matters were worse than a 36 year old dying of cancer.

I read a BBC article only a couple of weeks back about a blood test for some of the biggest cancer killers. If trials are successful, it can’t come soon enough. R.I.P. Liam and all the others taken far too soon.

No it doesn’t, why does somebody always come out with this daft cliché whenever someone dies. Nobody has ever thought that Saints, Les, MoPe or any other football matters were worse than a 36 year old dying of cancer.

I read a BBC article only a couple of weeks back about a blood test for some of the biggest cancer killers. If trials are successful, it can’t come soon enough. R.I.P. Liam and all the others taken far too soon.

That's HOW it puts things into perspective. When Saints lose, sometimes it feels like the worst thing in the world. Then you see something like this.

That's HOW it puts things into perspective. When Saints lose, sometimes it feels like the worst thing in the world. Then you see something like this.

No, it really doesn't. Yes, there are times in the heat of the moment when you feel absolutely gutted but if you genuinely thought it was the worst thing in the world after you'd calmed down, you've lead a sheltered existence.

You must be pretty bloody simple then if you need news like this to remind yourself that football isn't important.

Really? Not for me. I'll feel empathy for people going through cancer battles but I'll also feel bloody annoyed when we get well beaten. Tragedies like early deaths from cancer don't change that.

I think if anyone can't separate feelings about football abd feelings about cancer sufferers they know then they need to get some therapy or something like that.

Edited by hypochondriac

You must be pretty bloody simple then if you need news like this to remind yourself that football isn't important.

Bloody hell why do people on here just love ripping into each other for no reason?! Fine. Cliche withdrawn.

**** me. Are all football forums this hostile or is it just this one?