Saints v Liverpool - Match Thread

St Chalet

I havnt been able to watch for long, but looks like we are still in this to me

As long as we don’t concede another before HT we are. WTF did Pellegrino say to cause such a ‘I don’t give a toss’ start? Newcastle rode their luck but they worked their socks off for Rafa. Swansea beat this long lot at home so can be done but the players have to be hungry enough and be prepared to ignore Pellegrino if need be

Lemina is far too good for us.

No, I can't allow that to go unchallenged. Lemina is the standard of player we should have.

What about Bertrand, Hojbjerg? These are also fantastic international standard players.

Cedric's excellent on his day - nobody gets a regular spot for Portugal without being pretty good.

We're in the Premier League - we deserve to have players of that standard and we should be looking to sign more. Especially if we want to challenge for Europe... as we seem to think we should.

The performance hasn’t been too bad so far. Hoedt’s lack of skill for the Liverpool goal was unfortunate.

Decent chance for Hoj.

I think we've done alright apart from obviously Hoedt's **** up. It's the gash performances against weak teams that'll ultimately cost us, not games like this.