Saints v Liverpool - Match Thread

St Chalet

The performance is actually quite encouraging until we need to defend.

Oh well. We were never going to win this one and have some decent fixtures coming up. Can't let this become embarrassing and negate the improvement of the last few games.

I do remember us being 2-0 down at HT to Liverpool not long ago..

The performance is actually quite encouraging until we need to defend.

Oh well. We were never going to win this one and have some decent fixtures coming up. Can't let this become embarrassing and negate the improvement of the last few games.

I do remember us being 2-0 down at HT to Liverpool not long ago..

Looking forward to Mane swapping shirts second half and Wanyama making a 45 minute loan appearance....

Liverpool offer an example of composure & finishing in the final third. That is basically the difference.

This for me as well. We've dominated the match but Liverpool have had the better quality in the final third. Liverpool have such a great collection of attacking options compared to us, for Firminio, Salah, and Mane - we've got Carillo, Hojberg and Tadic.

Too easy to break through our defence, and too easy to defend against our attacks. The WBA result bought MoPe time he shouldn't have been given.

Because our players are mostly ****e. The difference between their attack and ours is light years the have have pace and power we have one dimensional pace and powder puff goal threat.

Can't just blame the manager. The squad simply isn't good enough to compete with Liverpool. Everyone has been sold.

We competed just fine with them last season and we didn’t lose anyone in the summer. Van Dijk didn’t play in 3 of the clean sheets against them. We’ve also gained a very good CM in Lemina and a pretty good CB in Hoedt. It’s the manager, he’s just ****.

The lack of speed and guile in our attack today - Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Carillo and Hojbjerg v Mane, Salah, Firminio and AOC is the clear mismatch. Given there's no Sims, our esteemed Manager must take a chance by putting Long and Boufal on the wings to put some pressure on their defence. The limitations of our CBs, particularly Hoedt is alarming. Lemina is our bright spot today and you just know Klopp will be noting his class. Another thing, you can't expect Cedric and Bertrand to provide the only width and run when neither Tadic or Ward-Prowse are fast enough to provide defensive cover.

Well, at least we're not going to lose Hoedt to Liverpool.

Three basic errors by him in that half, punished twice.

We've played relatively okay. But this is a hopeless cause.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I thought we’d given Fraser a go at no.6 but realised it was Hoedt afterall.

Can't just blame the manager. The squad simply isn't good enough to compete with Liverpool. Everyone has been sold.
you can blame the manager. this team (minus the likes of lemina) finished 8th and got to a cup final. granted 8th and 17th were fairly close but we still got what, 46 points and had loads of extra fixtures

so yes, you absolutely blame the manager.

you can blame the manager. this team (minus the likes of lemina) finished 8th and got to a cup final. granted 8th and 17th were fairly close but we still got what, 46 points and had loads of extra fixtures

so yes, you absolutely blame the manager.

I said that I wouldn’t judge the manager on this game and I stand by that.

Get knocked out if the cup and then lose at Burnley... then it’s a different story.

Because our players are mostly ****e. The difference between their attack and ours is light years the have have pace and power we have one dimensional pace and powder puff goal threat.

Swansea beat them. Fire in the bellies and sheer determination can overcome percieved deficiencies in quality, MoPe simply doesn't inspire the team.

Andreas Jakobsson > Wesley Hoedt

He's been thrown to the wolves though. No way a senior centre back at this stage of his career but that's the role he's being asked to play. W@nker Les at fault again, never even a hint of us looking for another cb in the window despite the obvious need.

We competed just fine with them last season and we didn’t lose anyone in the summer. Van Dijk didn’t play in 3 of the clean sheets against them. We’ve also gained a very good CM in Lemina and a pretty good CB in Hoedt. It’s the manager, he’s just ****.

Really not sure about this statement. So far today he has cost us both goals with some awful schoolboy defending.

I said that I wouldn’t judge the manager on this game and I stand by that.

Get knocked out if the cup and then lose at Burnley... then it’s a different story.

you have plenty to judge him on.

we are bottom 3 and not won at home since November

Why didn't we try something different. Could have gone 3 CBs at the back to stop them outnumbering us. Or a sweeper. Or anything except the same failed formation!
The teams that have beaten them have gone on the attack, and you wanted us to go MORE defensive?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Why didn't we try something different. Could have gone 3 CBs at the back to stop them outnumbering us. Or a sweeper. Or anything except the same failed formation!

Our esteemed tactical genius of a manager only knows one formation. The guy is clueless and he really is in the wrong job.

Was hoping that we’d come out utterly pumped up and have a real go them, fire up the crowd and just go balls to the wall. Instead we stroll out without a care in the world looking like we are getting ready to discuss cardigan patterns at a church fete.

This. Can you imagine MP firing anything up? He’s like a vape out of juice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk