Season ticket renewals

harriesss

Nothing but stomping up £700 in May is tougher for some than others. The club should allow interest free monthly payments at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They should do something like the Voice where if sing passionately your are granted discount. Round two could be boast about your aways and bemoan the current state of football.

I’m torn always want a great atmosphere but buggered if I contribute to it for much more than a couple of mins. And my idea of hell would be to be watching amongst the Crystal Palace flag waving oiks but can’t argue that they make the atmosphere at Selhurst Park.

....I’m torn always want a great atmosphere but buggered if I contribute to it for much more than a couple of mins. And my idea of hell would be to be watching amongst the Crystal Palace flag waving oiks but can’t argue that they make the atmosphere at Selhurst Park.

Passion comes as a reaction to what's on the pitch end of.

We all know it and the current ghastly anaemic football we are watching just kills it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your ****in' armchair ****in' off to X Factor? Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage? Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses? **** that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Southampton at home, love it!

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your ****in' armchair ****in' off to X Factor? Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage? Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses? **** that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Southampton at home, love it!

**** off Dorian..

When was this wonderful mythical time when people enjoyed football? Don't you know that football is to be suffered not enjoyed? and it is only after you go through the most intense pain and humilation that you gain just a brief glimpse of satisfaction during the good days before it is on to the anxiety of the next game or season. Who is injured? who is off form? who isn't being picked that should be picked? oh no our best player is suspended.Who are we selling/ buying? What if we don't beat the opposition who are not fit to lick our boots or how can we hope to compete against this side of multi talanted super stars, but we never quite give up hope.

And then during the game unless you are more than 3 goals up at half time there is always the expectation that the opposition have to improve in the second half and most games are stomach churningly close until the final whistle.

You can't stop going because you don't enjoy it any more, you never did and you shouldn't have started in the first place so why stop now?

Good grief. Is it even a question. I've supported Saints through thick and thin for over 50 years. Not stopping now!

The irony is that this is the attitude that allows boards like ours to exist.

Fan's are suckers who will just keep coming back for more. They are the only shred of loyalty in a business that just farms money for everyone else involved.

Do on a Saturday? Wait until the game actually kicks off on the following Sunday or Monday?

Do on a Saturday? Wait until the game actually kicks off on the following Sunday or Monday?

yeah he is quoting a movie monologue it wouldn't really work with.. "What else are you gonna do on a Saturday or errr on a Sunday... or perhaps a Monday depending on the TV scheduling of a money grabbing Premier League ? " ;)

Not really sure why people are thinking that those that are feeling done with the game in the top flight has anything to do with us losing? Nearly everyone i've read here has said they've been there through the sh*t, Branfoot, the relegation battles in the 90s, relegation to the championship and league one, yet didn't leave.

As far as i'm concerned the malaise is down to Premier League football, the absolute corruption of our game at the top level, the destruction of terrace culture, the sanitising of sport, the insidious money that corrupts everything, the constant changing in times for TV, the hype, the Americanisation of the sport and the "branding and sale" of it to an overseas market only interested in the big clubs.

Yeah Saints are sh*t at the moment, but lets be honest it's hardly the first time and won't be the last, and whilst i want us to win i don't want to walk away because they're sh*t, i feel like walking away because i despise what top flight football has become.

Oh and for what it's worth it's not just the English league that makes me hate it, just look across the continent. Bayern 18 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga, PSG 11 points clear at the top of ligue one. Both oil backed teams making a joke of their leagues.

Then add in Celtic, Barcelona, Real, Juventus, the Milan Clubs etc. the gap in competition in almost every league is huge, the days of clubs competing is virtually over thanks to the Champions League money. Even in minor leagues like the Cypriot league the cancer that is the Champions League has destroyed their competition.

As far as i can figure the only thing that's going to save football is going to be a European "Super" League, with no promotion or relegation. Let the greedy b*stards and plastic fans f*ck off to that, it'll give our leagues time to re-invent and give us real competition and soul again. I'm in no doubts that a European Super League would ultimately fail and i think that's what would have to happen to give us our game back.

Not really sure why people are thinking that those that are feeling done with the game in the top flight has anything to do with us losing? Nearly everyone i've read here has said they've been there through the sh*t, Branfoot, the relegation battles in the 90s, relegation to the championship and league one, yet didn't leave.

As far as i'm concerned the malaise is down to Premier League football, the absolute corruption of our game at the top level, the destruction of terrace culture, the sanitising of sport, the insidious money that corrupts everything, the constant changing in times for TV, the hype, the Americanisation of the sport and the "branding and sale" of it to an overseas market only interested in the big clubs.

Yeah Saints are sh*t at the moment, but lets be honest it's hardly the first time and won't be the last, and whilst i want us to win i don't want to walk away because they're sh*t, i feel like walking away because i despise what top flight football has become.

Oh and for what it's worth it's not just the English league that makes me hate it, just look across the continent. Bayern 18 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga, PSG 11 points clear at the top of ligue one. Both oil backed teams making a joke of their leagues.

Then add in Celtic, Barcelona, Real, Juventus, the Milan Clubs etc. the gap in competition in almost every league is huge, the days of clubs competing is virtually over thanks to the Champions League money. Even in minor leagues like the Cypriot league the cancer that is the Champions League has destroyed their competition.

As far as i can figure the only thing that's going to save football is going to be a European "Super" League, with no promotion or relegation. Let the greedy b*stards and plastic fans f*ck off to that, it'll give our leagues time to re-invent and give us real competition and soul again. I'm in no doubts that a European Super League would ultimately fail and i think that's what would have to happen to give us our game back.

I am with you on this Ericb,

• 3 weeks later...

An increasing number of long standing season ticket holders I know are saying they will not be renewing next season

Whilst appreciating Gate Money is not that important these days, it must be an objective of the club management to fill the stadium each week.

Hopefully some sort of incentive can be provided to maintain spectator interest.

However it is interesting to learn that some Bradford City supporters are complaining that their season tickets have increased by £20 to £169 ie £7.30 per game next season.

Seniors/Students are £149, Juniors £99 and Under 11's £19.

Top price for new season ticket holders is £299

Supporters can opt for a £75 Flexi Ticket which includes half price admission.

Sounds a great scheme and wonder how many of our supporters would sign up if the same scheme was offered here.

I would actually pay for someones season ticket (as well as my own) at these prices

For me it's not what division we are in but the fact we're owned by people who's intentions seem somewhat dubious.

Are we a vehicle for money laundering or some other questionable financial gain? This is a chap who would fail any tests if he wanted to buy the club now. It just doesn't sit easily with me at all.

I'd rather give my money and support to Sholing than towards paying off some random foreign owners loans.

^ ^ ^ What Ericb says, top post mate couldn't agree more. That said, I don't actually have a season ticket and nor will I be looking to get one next season. I simply go to the games that I can get to, and that won't change no matter what league we find ourselves in.

The game has been ruined purely by money and greed, as you rightly point out most leagues have a few elite clubs, the rest make up the numbers. As far as I'm concerned, the sooner the bottom falls out of world football the better, but that's not going to happen in my lifetime unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

For me it's not what division we are in but the fact we're owned by people who's intentions seem somewhat dubious.

Are we a vehicle for money laundering or some other questionable financial gain? This is a chap who would fail any tests if he wanted to buy the club now. It just doesn't sit easily with me at all.

I'd rather give my money and support to Sholing than towards paying off some random foreign owners loans.

This.

Bradford City supporters are complaining that their season tickets have increased by £20 to £169 ie £7.30 per game next season. Seniors/Students are £149, Juniors £99 and Under 11's £19. Top price for new season ticket holders is £299

Of course lower league prices are always going to be cheaper (the skates pay similar low prices) but when I had a nose around Stoke sites last week I noticed they're offering Adult Season Tickets for next season ranging from just under £300 to around £350. They also provide free coach travel to every away game and buses to the stadium for home games.

And they're not the cheapest. If Ralph still insists we're now a "small club" he should be charging the same as other "small" Premier League sides. Burnley fans pay £21 for an adult seat.

Very good post eric...

In a nutshell!

ericb has summed it very nicely for a lot of us, particularly of a certain age that know a different era but, fans have always moaned about the haves and have-nots. Everyone was berating Man Utd in the 80s/90s because they could buy who they wanted and pay what they wanted, and it was massively above most other top-flight clubs. Then Chelsea came along and blew them out of the water for a bit and the mancs were then all whinging about it not being fair on them.

There's no doubt it's now obscene and many of us have fallen out of love with the game because of it and the soul-less, atmosphere-free stadiums that are now the norm around the country. Going to football is just not the same anymore.

Me too.

Nothing but stomping up £700 in May is tougher for some than others. The club should allow interest free monthly payments at the very least.

And they do. If you don't mind a £35 admin fee.

Of course we have new ownership since the last ST renewal...

Just for the record, if we'd scored one more goal in each of this season's draws we'd be 5th and above Chelsea. Margins and all that.

Makes me laugh when people claim they're chucking it in because of "the Premier League", when we've been in it for 5 years. Wasn't a problem when we were winning lots more.

I've had mine since the first Championship season after relegation, and if I don't renew it's because I'm fed up of not being able to get sh*tfaced on Saturdays due to games moving, and because I've been to every away ground in the top two divisions at least once already. I am vaguely bored at matches at the moment, but that's probably because most of what I've enjoyed about football recently has absolutely nothing to do with anything that's happened on the pitch, far more about people I've met.

Oh, and Champions League money is an absolute pittance compared to the Premier League tv deal, so it really isn't anything to do with that across Europe.

https://talksport.com/football/every-premier-league-clubs-cheapest-season-ticket-revealed-and-ranked-180313275348?p=16

Maybe I should look at Championship ST prices but being optimistic. Man City looks good value at £299, though I suspect they’re in the gods. Huddersfield an incredible £100. Arsenal and Tottenham ridiculous. Bournemouth marginally higher than ours but most are probably paying concessionary rates for the elderly.