Definition Of Insanity

Gemmel

He's a terrible manager, the worst Saints manager in my lifetime (40 years of support) but scarily he's probably the least of our problems as he can be removed pretty easily when the powers that be bother to actually manage things.

No, the bigger issue is that the whole club seems to be rotting from the inside with no leadership whatsoever. The owner stays in China and doesn't seem to give a monkeys whilst the house burns - and he cannot be sacked. Confusion and despondency has seeped all the way down to the players and fans.

It really looks like a sharp downwards trajectory just like the blue few down the road unless the owner gets a grip and starts managing. However the signs so far are not good atall.

Kat has sold us down the river on this one. Shame as she did such a good job when she was incharge.

Utter madness tempered with varying degrees of vanity and cowardice. Felt a definite down turn in player/fan despondency yesterday, an acceptance that we are gone and nowt to do with the opposition. The ineptitude of the Board in this matter is incredible and highlights that Reed and Krueger have been riding the Marcus Liebherr / Cortese wave to a greater extent than even cynics like me anticipated.

I can honestly say that sub with 10 minutes to go taking Romeu off and bringing Davis on, was the stupidest decision I have ever seen in football. In that, I'm including the Tyro league...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Spot on.

I can honestly say that sub with 10 minutes to go taking Romeu off and bringing Davis on, was the stupidest decision I have ever seen in football. In that, I'm including the Tyro league...

When you have Gabbiadani and Redmond on the bench it was truly dumb. I like Gabbi, feel sorry for him as I think he's a clever player. But sadly this manager has killed his career here.

Yep, I said that when it happened, 40 years I've been watching Saints and I have never seen such a pointless, stupid, worthless change and it summed this idiot up for me.

Quote from their meeting:

'Pellegrino looks like he has a won ton weight on his shoulders and dumpling needs to change quickly. Soy state of affairs we have put ourselves in. I hear that Wenger and Pat (fried) Rice may be available? I don't think we can afford the get out clause though? It's a dim sum.'47d80f41d8dde74210929f3a24b24a4a.jpg

Plenty of managers have "lost the dressing room" but has there ever been a case of a team getting together and collectively ignoring a manager's instructions once out on the pitch? I am coming to the conclusion that that approach by the players is our only hope,of survival.

Plenty of managers have "lost the dressing room" but has there ever been a case of a team getting together and collectively ignoring a manager's instructions once out on the pitch? I am coming to the conclusion that that approach by the players is our only hope,of survival.

But there are no leaders in that team and certainly no one who can grab the rest of the team by the scruff of the neck and get them going.

Austin would be the only one, as he did last year when Puel was playing for draw against Man Utd, but he’s not around. Plus I can’t think of anyone else who would back him up.

One (of many) deficiencies in recent recruitment is the lack of leaders on the pitch. I’d almost forego some talent at the moment if we had a blood and guts player in the squad.

He’s lost the dressing room and most of the players don’t give a fcck, they’ve already got an eye on where they will be parking their Rangeys next season!

But there are no leaders in that team and certainly no one who can grab the rest of the team by the scruff of the neck and get them going.

Austin would be the only one, as he did last year when Puel was playing for draw against Man Utd, but he’s not around. Plus I can’t think of anyone else who would back him up.

One (of many) deficiencies in recent recruitment is the lack of leaders on the pitch. I’d almost forego some talent at the moment if we had a blood and guts player in the squad.

He’s lost the dressing room and most of the players don’t give a fcck, they’ve already got an eye on where they will be parking their Rangeys next season!

This, massively. Inexplicable that Yoshida has been dropped really as he's no worse than the people being picked ahead of him (arguably better) and he's one of the few with a bit of mettle about him.

Agree with above 2 posts, at a time when we are desperate for some on pitch leadership we seem to have a squad full of introverts playing (personality, not tactically) in their own little bubble.

I agree, Yoshida is probably the only one who springs to mind that cares enough to instill some fight in those around him. He should be first choice for the rest of the season - who he replaces, you may as well toss a coin.

What seems to work is a settled team who have a chance to work together and achieve an understanding that transcends mangers instructions . Coupled with a bit of rotation to spread the load / counter opposition strengths and a bit of attacking urgency when required . Man City , despite highly paid players , are confident enough to put players on the bench until they get the message and end up scoring 4 goals in one game !

We need a manager who could be insane to get the players playing , managers at work who we all thought were bonkers actually got us doing the right things although we never admitted it at the time .

Quote from their meeting:

'Pellegrino looks like he has a won ton weight on his shoulders and dumpling needs to change quickly. Soy state of affairs we have put ourselves in. I hear that Wenger and Pat (fried) Rice may be available? I don't think we can afford the get out clause though? It's a dim sum.'47d80f41d8dde74210929f3a24b24a4a.jpg

What I'd like to know is what is that gormless **** grinning at.:mcinnes:

• 3 weeks later...