Bassett Avenue Roadworks

Golactico

I'm off this week but my commute normally involves coming in to Southampton on Bassett Avenue. Just wondering how bad the delays are. Anyone got any experience of this morning to share? How long did it take to get through in rush hour? I may look at working from home next week if it's really bad.

I'm off this week but my commute normally involves coming in to Southampton on Bassett Avenue. Just wondering how bad the delays are. Anyone got any experience of this morning to share? How long did it take to get through in rush hour? I may look at working from home next week if it's really bad.
I believe that these works are on-going for around 12 weeks....also the same at the Eastleigh end of Stoneham Lane...and schools not back yet!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have a look at the traffic map on the Romanse site. it gives a pretty good indication of live traffic conditions. You can also use Google maps if you turn the traffic option on.

Sign says for one month. There is no access to the southern direction of the avenue.

I'm not certain, but I think the echo report said one month for the drainage work then another three weeks for resurfacing. Beautifully timed to coincide with the chestnut avenue roadworks, plus they're about to close romsey road at the motorway bridge. I live in upton crescent, so can't put into words how much I'm looking forward to that.