Last Chance Saloon

St Chalet

MoPe, what should the board do?  

475 members have voted

1. 1. MoPe, what should the board do?

Ergo, the number of active SWF members who currently aren't in the "desperate for him to leave" camp = 69%.

Decent post that trousers. There is a lot of noise on here and social media, but its not necessarily reflective of all Saints opinions

Decent post that trousers. There is a lot of noise on here and social media, but its not necessarily reflective of all Saints opinions
I suspect there is circumstantial / anecdotal evidence to back up Hypo's declaration, but it's not always as black and white as polls such as this might lead one to believe.

As it happens, I'm inclined to believe that 'most' Saints fans *would* be happy to see the back of Pellegrino but that's not quite the same as saying that the vast majority are "desperate" to see him go.

IMO of course

Edited by trousers

He said they weren't all replaced. But they clearly were.

Lovren was replaced by Alderweireld on loan, Alderweireld was replaced by van Dijk and van Dijk was replaced by Hoedt. The only one who arguably hasn't been replaced is Fonte. I'd say Stephens isn't at the level Fonte was at his peak, but he is currently better than Fonte as things stand today.

Stephens is about where Fonte was when we first came up. Making goal costing errors regularly. Stephens is getting away with it though because he can actually pass the ball and bring it out. Never seen a CB so poor at marking and heading.

I suspect there is circumstantial / anecdotal evidence to back up Hypo's declaration, but it's not always as black and white as polls such as this might lead one to believe.

As it happens, I'm inclined to believe that 'most' Saints fans *would* be happy to see the back of Pellegrino but that's not quite the same as saying that the vast majority are "desperate" to see him go.

IMO of course

Well, I don't know one person outside this forum who wants him to stay. I live in So'ton am partial to a beer so I meet and mix with quite a lot of fans and to a man/woman they want him gone. All those on Facebook I am acquaintanted with (with the exception of one) want him gone, everyone who follows me on Twitter (except one) want him gone. My Dad, brother, uncle and son want him gone. Are you getting the picture Trousers? And who is my lone Facebook friend who won't commit? Who is my lone follower on Twitter who dithers still? I think you know him.

Edited by Fitzhugh Fella

Well, I don't know one person outside off this forum who wants him to stay. I live in So'ton am partial to a beer so I meet and mix with quite a lot of fans and to a man/woman they want him gone. All those on Facebook I am acquaintanted with (with the exception of one) want him gone, everyone who follows me on Twitter (except one) want him gone. My Dad, brother, uncle and son want him gone. Are you getting the picture Trousers? And who is my lone Facebook friend who won't commit? Who is my lone follower on Twitter who dithers still? I think you know him.

Fully agree everyone I know wants him gone

Unbelievable, the most cowardly, timid and deluded manager we've ever had in my lifetime, is saying that the players have got to be brave and show more courage. You couldn't make it up.

The only one who has to be brave is Les, by admitting his appointment of Pellegrino has been a disaster and getting rid.

# Statistic spinning klaxon #

Number of forum members = 10,895

Number of active forum members = 1,394

Active members voting 'Back Him' = 35 = 2.5%

Active members voting 'Sack Him' = 431 = 31%

Active members not voted = 928 = 66.5%

Ergo, the number of active SWF members who currently aren't in the "desperate for him to leave" camp = 69%.

(Yes.... (a) I really was sad enough to expend some brain cells on coming up with those figures, and yes.... (b) I aIready know what the response to this post will be, but feel free to mention it anyway... ;) )

ff413349dcc883075835e0f6e9491ffb.jpg292a423211ca77bcd3f213d76bc578d2.jpg

You already know I'm going to tell you that not bothering to vote in a meaningless poll gives zero insight into their feelings about the manager...

I voted sack him, but could easily have been back him. The only reason I would back him is because I can’t think of a coach/manager that would want to step in at this point in the season. We should have relieved him from his duties back in December.

All we can hope for now is that Pellegrino manages to keep us up and he gets the sack shortly after our last game. Then it’s time for a clear out and build a new team with a manager that actually improves players and has some kind of tactical knowledge.

At 64, I thought I'd seen it all with Saints,thought I'd heard it all, but never ever did I think that we would have a regime in place, who seem to want us relegated. There are good reasons to want to stay up, but I suspect, there are good reasons to see us relegated. Just think about it. Will he get his money back, you bet your life on it. This manager will get us relegated!

You already know I'm going to tell you that not bothering to vote in a meaningless poll gives zero insight into their feelings about the manager...
Precisely. Doesn't that work both ways though...?

All I'm suggesting is, that if I was "desperate" for something to happen, I'm more likely to vote for it than not vote at all. That just seems logical to me. (Yes, I'm fully aware that there's no place for logic on the internet... :) )

Edited by trousers

To all those who appear to hope that Saints stay up because of M.P. may I remind them of the saying

"It's the hope that kills you/them"

It is the hope that kills you! I check the internet all day long hoping, really HOPING that the club have finally seen sense and sacked the ****! I fear it’s too late now. All this about the Championship being fun is ********! It’s the hardest league to get out of and when you come down like Hull and Sunderland you continue to struggle!

Back to praying for the demise of Pellegrino-he doesn’t have to die but if he could have a little accident, break a leg or something, anything to give the club an excuse to relieve of his duties!

All I'm suggesting is, that if I was "desperate" for something to happen, I'm more likely to vote for it than not vote at all. That just seems logical to me. (Yes, I'm fully aware that there's no place for logic on the internet... :) )

Depends how many of those that haven't voted have actually logged in since the vote started I guess !?

Depends how many of those that haven't voted have actually logged in since the vote started I guess !?
Indeed. (I've no idea what the forum's software deems "active users" to be. Maybe it means people who login on a daily basis or maybe once a year. Who knows?)

Anyway, just to clarify my position (which may or may not be representative of the 69% of those 'active members' that haven't voted to sack Pellegrino)... I'm undecided if sacking Pellegrino at this point in time would work out for the best BUT if he was sacked today I wouldn't be unhappy about it. (If the poll question was: "would you be unhappy if the board sacked Pellegrino now?" I'd vote 'no' in a flash)

(Yes, I know the self appointed forum intelligentsia can't abide such fence sitting pragmatism, but hey ho.... :) )

Edited by trousers

Unbelievable, the most cowardly, timid and deluded manager we've ever had in my lifetime, is saying that the players have got to be brave and show more courage. You couldn't make it up.

Indeed. Where was his anger at watfords handball goal? Any other manager would have been in the refs face demanding it be disallowed. Totally spineless. It's rubbed off on our players aswell. "Oh look he scored with a handball, oh well" *shrugs*

Defies belief

Not if I thought that voting in a poll on a web forum made no actual difference. I realise we are now arguing over semantics, I'm happy to accept that your definition of desperate differs from mine, every fan I have spoken to and encountered in real life are absolutely amazed that he hasn't been sacked. As I said the other day, I can't think of a less successful manager in the premier league that has survived this long.

The only reason I can think as to why he hasn’t been fired having the boards support is that les sees this as the perfect opportunity to finally shake off his tag as the worst manager of all time.

If he keeps Pellegrino long enough eventually his win percentage will drop below his own, the minute this happens Les will immediately fire him, this handing the title over to Pellegrino. This opportunity rarely happens so you can hardly blame Les for wanting to take advantage of it whilst he’s in control of his own destiny.

The only reason I can think as to why he hasn’t been fired having the boards support is that les sees this as the perfect opportunity to finally shake off his tag as the worst manager of all time.

If he keeps Pellegrino long enough eventually his win percentage will drop below his own, the minute this happens Les will immediately fire him, this handing the title over to Pellegrino. This opportunity rarely happens so you can hardly blame Les for wanting to take advantage of it whilst he’s in control of his own destiny.

This is more plausible than any theory I've concocted, ergo it must be the truth.

f69f9a73b823393c13ba5a39021aab05.jpg

Not for fans of aforementioned club, when you are so tactically inept that you are actually involved in a relegation dogfight.

It’s sodding torture you tool.

Get him as far away from this club please.

And take the rest of the hierarchy with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for fans of aforementioned club, when you are so tactically inept that you are actually involved in a relegation dogfight.

The Emperor Dalek has been revealed. All Daleks to sector 17th immediately!

I wanted him sacked about 4 weeks before Christmas when there was already more than enough evidence of incompetence but also time for a new manager to recover the position. I still want him sacked but I can see there is an alternative view if you believe that relegation is already inevitable. If LR and the Board have already decided relegation is inevitable it may be in the club's interests to leave Pellegrino in post until the end of the season. There will then be a wider choice of potential successors and financially the club should be in a position to retain the best players in the squad, and to strengthen, in order to bounce straight back.

Surely that's out of context or something?

I don't do this twitter malarkey, so may I ask; is this actually a wind up? Some joker playing around on the internet making up amusing tweets on fake accounts? Because if it isn't, I'm more concerned than ever.

From here....usually quite well informed.

11b70129bb484aab79619d321a9a612e.jpg

MP did say in his Press Conference that there was plenty of time left as far as avoiding relegation.....so we will be alright! You just know that Reed and Krueger believe this too...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is the alarming attitude that has covered this season. The ''oh well, still plenty of games!'' attitude, everyone seems to have adopted it. We said it before Palace, and we say it after every wasted oppertunity. What will we say when there is just 1 game left? The club are seemingly oblivious.

Priceless.

He's on here lecturing again with his typical blend of piety and disdain, yet hasnt even voted himself.

:facepalm:

Ah, bless you Alps for being interested in whether I voted or not. I seriously believe that no one else gives a t*ss, especially the Board. Disdain? I have never enjoyed the spectacle of grown men gathering together shaking their pitchforks and demanding someone looses their job. It is down to the Board to hire and fire managers, quite rightly. God forbid the fans have a say in these matters. If the Board get it wrong, they have to live and deal with the consequences, but that is what they are there for. I am surprised that he is still here, but they will have their reasons. If they do really believe that he is the man to take us forward and he does turn things around, then fair play to them for having the courage of their convictions. Back in the day the Board kept faith with Lawrie McMenemy and their faith was well rewarded. Mind you managers weren't sacked every 5 minutes in those days. Anyway, back to now. If, as we are led to believe, the club regularly monitors internet supporters forums, they will know only too well what the fanbase want. The last poll didnt make the slightest bit of difference and I suspect this one wont either. But if it makes you feel like you are doing something, then knock yourself out. Just think what fun you and Dalek are going to have saying I told you so if we do go down. On the other hand, if we go down and Pellegrino managers to with the FA Cup, at least CB Fry will be a happy bunny. Good luck with the pitchforks!

There were people on this very forum saying some weeks ago how they’d prefer a relegation battle to mid table obscurity.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?58977-Back-down-to-the-Championship&p=2555208#post2555208

A case of be careful what you wish for.

Clear proof the club does follow this forum then...

Ah, bless you Alps for being interested in whether I voted or not. I seriously believe that no one else gives a t*ss, especially the Board. Disdain? I have never enjoyed the spectacle of grown men gathering together shaking their pitchforks and demanding someone looses their job. It is down to the Board to hire and fire managers, quite rightly. God forbid the fans have a say in these matters. If the Board get it wrong, they have to live and deal with the consequences, but that is what they are there for. I am surprised that he is still here, but they will have their reasons. If they do really believe that he is the man to take us forward and he does turn things around, then fair play to them for having the courage of their convictions. Back in the day the Board kept faith with Lawrie McMenemy and their faith was well rewarded. Mind you managers weren't sacked every 5 minutes in those days. Anyway, back to now. If, as we are led to believe, the club regularly monitors internet supporters forums, they will know only too well what the fanbase want. The last poll didnt make the slightest bit of difference and I suspect this one wont either. But if it makes you feel like you are doing something, then knock yourself out. Just think what fun you and Dalek are going to have saying I told you so if we do go down. On the other hand, if we go down and Pellegrino managers to with the FA Cup, at least CB Fry will be a happy bunny. Good luck with the pitchforks!

#triggered

I am one of the 7% who voted to retain MP. I would have sacked him after the home match against Udders and thought he was very poor wasting lots of winnable games. As a family we go to about 75% away games and season ticket holders, and away performances went backwards from Puel big time.

However I genuinely think ON THE WHOLE things have got a bit better in the second half of the season. Only one team playing for a second time have we emerged with a worse result than first time round, Palace, and we are through to 5th round of the cup. At this late stage I think disruption would be a bigger gamble than sticking by him as I think we can get to 40 points with four more wins and two draws and am targeting Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea and Bournemouth with draws at Burnley and Wet Spam. I am assuming defeats in all other games.

Away performances Manure onwards have been much better, and I don’t see the away venues as being a disadvantage given our style and the insipid atmosphere at St Mary’s. Let’s see how the cup run pans out and assuming we stay up we can make a decision on MP in May. If though we lost our next two games I see the argument for hitting the panic button, but not now.

I realise this argument won’t be popular but it is genuinely how I see it.