Last Chance Saloon

St Chalet

MoPe, what should the board do?  

475 members have voted

1. 1. MoPe, what should the board do?

I'd look to see if we could avoid paying him off and actually terminate his employment for gross incompetence and potential forgery, as he's clearly not a manager and has fooled us.

But if I was either of those guys, I’d have made the call months ago. Admit defeat, admit that we got ahead of our station and actually start repairing the damage in the January transfer window.

We did none of that. We just kept the fraud in place and signed his overpriced mate. The situation is beyond parody now.

If it was down to me, as either of those two, he would have gone after the Leicester game. Unfortunately the 'real' Ralph and Les have backed themselves into a corner, and I suspect that Mr Gao is going to have to be the one to pull the trigger.

I don’t think any of them are bothered, those juicy parachute payments and player sales are looming.

I don’t think any of them are bothered, those juicy parachute payments and player sales are looming.

The parachute payments are not remotely "juicy", the club will have a significant drop in income if relegated. It is a financial disaster to go down and they are far better off appointing someone competent and staying up.

The parachute payments are not remotely "juicy", the club will have a significant drop in income if relegated. It is a financial disaster to go down and they are far better off appointing someone competent and staying up.

If the club were seemingly bought for football reasons I’d agree with you. I do recall readily Lowe’s worries post relegation of where the next £ was coming from and that’s when we still had a strong academy and we still got 23 or 24k gates. I’m trying to rationalise the mad decision making and getting a large lump of Sterling capital is the one potential motivation I can come up with. Otherwise, why borrow £200m for an asset to destroy it, or let Les and Ralph do so? If they wanted to stay up, Les would have needed several signings with pace and power and we had the money t9 so it.

He should have gone many weeks ago.

I would have far more respect for the board if they held their hands up over making a recruitment mistake, and appointed someone to keep us up.

Like what the Leeds owner has done, he's come out and said sorry to the fans for making Thomas Christianson boss, admitting it was all his fault and felt the job was a bit to big for Thomas, how refreshing would it be for les/ralph to do the same

Cast your mind back a few months and look what happened when we sacked the last incompetent manager.

I am sure Uncle Les COULD find someone even worst

So you’re scared that the next manager could be even worse....

How do you ever cross the road!

Edited by Wrensup

We need to sack Reed too. It is Reed who has overseen the selling of three centre halves without replacing them. It's Reed who gambled on Austin being fit al season for our goals. It's reed who appointed MP. Reed needs to go.

Who are the three? van Dijk, Fonte and...? Plus why don't you count Hoedt as a replacement for at least one of them?

There is no point sacking him unless Les Reed is sacked first because you know he will find an even worse one. It will simply be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire again. We thought it would be great to get rid of Eric Black, who was a terrible first team coach, but then Reed found an even worse one in Kelvin Davis, one of the worst goalkeepers in Premier League history, with no previous coaching experience.

The poll we need again is the Les Reed Out one.

There is no point sacking him unless Les Reed is sacked first because you know he will find an even worse one. It will simply be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire again.

Reed also appointed Ronald Koeman... do you give him any credit for that?

We thought it would be great to get rid of Eric Black, who was a terrible first team coach, but then Reed found an even worse one in Kelvin Davis, one of the worst goalkeepers in Premier League history, with no previous coaching experience.

Did we? What evidence do you have Eric Black isn't a good coach? How the teams he was at do under other managers whilst Black was a coach doesn't mean by default he is a bad coach.

There is no point sacking him unless Les Reed is sacked first because you know he will find an even worse one. It will simply be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire again. We thought it would be great to get rid of Eric Black, who was a terrible first team coach, but then Reed found an even worse one in Kelvin Davis, one of the worst goalkeepers in Premier League history, with no previous coaching experience.

The poll we need again is the Les Reed Out one.

Where do you come up with that conclusion? a) Reed appointed two decent managers prior to this clown, b) it would take an incredible amount of work to find someone as bad, let alone worse, than the current clown, and c) Reed presumably won't make the same mistake of looking for a Pochettino clone who's Argentinian, from the lower part of La Liga, and with the same first name, initials, age and quality of hair.

He's under performed for sure and would be rightfully sacked.

I also don't think his replacement will be any better with Les only picking unemployed managers, combined with our squad being so weak. Reed and co are the real problem that got us into this mess and either need to change their ways or change employers.

He's under performed for sure and would be rightfully sacked.

I also don't think his replacement will be any better with Les only picking unemployed managers, combined with our squad being so weak. Reed and co are the real problem that got us into this mess and either need to change their ways or change employers.

Is it? I'd rather have our squad than most of the bottom half teams, it is the manager that is costing us.

Lovren (+ the Toby CF)

He said they weren't all replaced. But they clearly were.

Lovren was replaced by Alderweireld on loan, Alderweireld was replaced by van Dijk and van Dijk was replaced by Hoedt. The only one who arguably hasn't been replaced is Fonte. I'd say Stephens isn't at the level Fonte was at his peak, but he is currently better than Fonte as things stand today.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Why? Strachan has been out of club management for a long time!

- His last club job was 7 years ago ... which he failed in

- His last top flight job in a major league was 14 years ago! (us)

Really wouldn't be a good idea to go back to him.

He would still be better than our current manager.

Correction: I would do a better job than our current manager