Mauricio Pellegrino, the complete coach who hates losing and frets when he wins

Maggie May

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jun/24/mauricio-pellegrino-complete-coach-southampton-manager

"Southampton’s new manager, highly regarded for his man-management and tactical nous, obsesses about the damage victory can inflict on players’ hunger"

And there you have it. A manager who actively fears winning games. ;)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jun/24/mauricio-pellegrino-complete-coach-southampton-manager

"Southampton’s new manager, highly regarded for his man-management and tactical nous, obsesses about the damage victory can inflict on players’ hunger"

Is there anyone in the English league system with less ‘tactical nous’ ?????

Bizarre mentality, everything seen through a fearful negative lens. Not sure how true this article is but judging what we see on the pitch I wouldn't be surprised.

What manager doesn't like winning? Ours apparently.

Surprised he has the courage to get out of bed in the morning.

Now I get it. We've been trying not to win so that the players stay hungry. Unfortunately it appears they are starving to death.

Abd the gems keep coming. As a player "he has three things: incredible humility, complete professionalism and he never celebrated victory.”

He's continued that as a manager!

Is “incredible humility” his self assessment?

Our season does make a lot more sense when viewed through a “avoid winning at all costs” lens. He has succeeded beyond almost all expectations.

Still beggars belief that this guy is employed by a premier league club and has stayed in the position for so long. I genuinely think there are non league managers with better all round managerial capabilities than this clown. Simply unbelievable that he's still here, and utterly insulting to all the fans who pay good money to watch this dross he's serving up.

Abd the gems keep coming. As a player "he has three things: incredible humility, complete professionalism and he never celebrated victory.”

He's continued that as a manager!

Well at least he doesn't have to worry about celebrating any victories....

I guess his ideal result is a nice 0-0 draw the sort of result you can grow from....

Just goes to show how much s***te is all over the media from so called experts.

he would probably be a good 1st team coach.

Just an utterly Appalling manager

This raises a very good point - If the board are really behind him, they should have brought someone in (with PL experience and generally tactically sound or perhaps an old manager or someone from lower league i.e Appleton at Leicester) to replace black.

The club went with Kelv, honestly a mind baffling decision that, someone like Chris Powell would have been perfect (the players may have liked him, but it's pretty well known that black is a terrible coach... Somehow we've even managed to replace him with worse).

We currently have a coaching staff with little to no experience of coaching on the English game.

Edited by SKD

Can't ever see him having a go at players. He looks as intimidating as Larry Grayson. Would be like getting savaged by a sheep.

I reckon Slaven Bilic would knock a few out. He looks hard as f*ck.

Bilic is a very good manager..... He just got a bit stale at West Ham. Also, WHU are an absolute shambles at board level. Probably worse than us. Their recent transfer windows have been awful.

I think he'd be a pretty decent fit here if i'm honest - He'll play Les' loved 4231 and I think he has the potential to get the best out of Boufal (think Payet...). My only concern, which will be the same for any manager is our lack of pace. I think he enjoys to play on the counter (think Koeman..), and I'm not convinced we have the players to do that.

The football would certainly be more enjoyable though.